- 6 years of experience in Data Warehousing, Quality Assurance and Backend Testing
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirement Document (BRD) & Functional specification Document (FSD)
- Participated in Data Warehouse Design review, developing Test Plan and developing test cases and test scripts
- Familiar with Informatica Repository Manager, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor
- Expertise in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL Stored Procedures and Triggers
- Well acquainted with Integration, System, and Functional, Input domain, Validation, User Interface, Compatibility, Sanity testing. User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing
- Experience in testing/validating the Source, Stage and Target (End - to-End)
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
- Experienced SQL Data Analyst / Data Reporting Analyst with strong background in design, development, and support of online databases and information products as well as data analysis / reporting / processing.
- Done heavy batch testing using AUTOSYS and data validation using SQL and Toad
- Experienced in querying the databases by developing and running SQL and PL/SQL queries using utilities like Toad and SQL Query Analyzer.
- Well versed with Manual and Automated Testing methodologies and principles.
- Expert in Waterfall Lifecycle, AGILE & Iterative project testing methodologies
- Strong knowledge of working with Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good knowledge on Test management and Defect management tools
- Expertise in working with Remedy, HPALM
- Experience in creating & scheduling the jobs using scheduling tools
- Experience in validating UNIX scripts.
- Experience in scheduling the Informatica, Ab Initio, Data Stage jobs using Appworx, Ctrl-M & Autosys.
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, XML, SQL Server, Oracle, and ETL.
- Result oriented, committed and hard working with a quest to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS Access, Teradata, SQL Server
Operating systems: Windows 9x/NT/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, LINUX
Database Tools: TOAD, SQL Assistant
Testing/Defect Tracking: Clear Quest, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira, Remedy
Version Control: PVCS Version Manager, Visual Source Safe, SharePoint
GUI: Microsoft Office
Others: Putty, WinSCP, Autosys
Confidential, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
- Involved in planning, designing, building, maintaining and executing tests and test environments at each point in SDLC
- Performed Automation testing on billing modules using QTP, Load Runner and Mercury Quality Center.
- Assisted in preparing Test plan and estimations
- Developed test cases based on functional specifications
- Queried databases using SQL queries in TOAD and SQL Server Management Studio to validate the data loaded into target tables.
- Created and Developed Reports and Graphs using ALM.
- Worked on Autosys which involved in creation of Autosys jobs, execution
- Involved in establishing test environment requirements
- Participated in validating mappings, sessions, workflows in Informatica
- Involved in heavy testing of the data transformation processes developed in Informatica
- Involved in preparing test data for different scenario validations specific to the process/mapping
- Involved in Smoke testing, Integration testing, Ad-hoc testing, Functional testing, End-to-end testing,
- Load/performance testing and Regression testing
- Conducting Vendor Interface testing for multiple applications
- Validated CDC (Change Data Capture) functionality
- Recorded test cases in QTP
- Defect tracking and Defect Report Generation are prepared using ALM and Quality Center
- Upload QTP test scripts into Quality Center for automation.
- Experience in automation testing utilizing QTP, Load Runner, Win Runner and Rational Suite
- Validated oracle stored procedure(s) used in Informatica for specific functionality
- Validated database object(s) existence as per Data model
- Used Informatica Debugger to analyze issues
- Participated in weekly meetings with SMEs and developers to discuss ongoing change of requirements in iteration plan and validation of STM documentation
- Worked on UNIX Shell wrapper scripts
- Coordinated with Release Management team in getting our jobs executed in Test environment (Autosys)
- Worked with Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager
- Participated in bug analysis and DRB meetings
- Compared the data sets resulted from the databases Oracle and SQL Server using the tool, Toad for Data Analysts.
Environment: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripts, Certify Tool,QTP,Viewer, Oracle 11g, Clear Quest,TOAD, Quality Center & ALM 11.0, Autosys, Winscp, Share Point
Confidential, Wyoming, MI
- Prepared extensive set of validation test cases to verify the data
- Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering
- Wrote Test cases in ALM and Defect report generation using ALM (Application Life cycle Management)
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Studied and understood the requirements, and functionally analyzed the requirements, involved in various knowledge transfers from dependent teams.
- Prepared the test plans and test cases for different functionalities involved in the application.
- Used Quality Center as the test management tool for the maintenance of the test cases and to track the defects.
- Performed the Smoke, Functional testing, Regression and Load testing for ETL application.
- Used Clear Quest for repository, reporting bugs, tracking bugs and updates on resolved bugs.
- Executed the Test Scripts in TOAD and documented the results in RTM.
- Performed GUI interface testing at client side using Win Runner
- Scheduled various Batch process using Autosys.
- Submitted Status reports to Project Lead on daily basis and constantly updated test deliverables.
- Executed test cases and recorded results in Quality Center
- Validated the data in the reports by writing simple to complex SQL queries against EDWH
- Participated in monitoring historical loads in UAT and PROD environments.
- Generated test data (on UNIX box using Perl scripts)
- Experience in Data Inspection/analysis of tables as well as outbound files
- Tested the entire data reconciliation process for multiple source and target systems.
- Involved in creating the test data for generating sample test reports before releasing to production.
- Wrote complex SQL scripts using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Used TOAD & SQL Navigator GUI tools for Querying Database.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing and testing to UAT environments.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Teradata and Flat Files using sql assistant.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Quality Center & ALM 11.0, Win Runner, QTP,TOAD,EME, Flat Files, Teradata V2R6, Teradata SQL Assistant 12.0, UNIX, Autosys job Scheduler
- Responsible for Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the process to automate the process of loading, pulling the data
- Written several shell scripts using UNIX Korn shell for file transfers and clean up process.
- Tuned jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to perform database testing and to verify data integrity.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center
- Involved in testing of Universes from different data sources like Oracle/SQL Server.
- Participated in manual functional testing and automation using Autosys
- Performed the tests in both the SIT, QA and contingency/backup environments
- Performed all aspects of verification, validation including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Responsible for creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
- Tested SQL to extrapolate data from the Autosys database to populate a spreadsheet
- Analyzed the data and applied relevant transformations and verified that the source data types are correct.
- Involved in creating source target mappings based on the Technical Design requirements.
- Involved in developing UNIX Korn Shell wrappers to run various dependency graphs.
- Created different user defined functions for applying appropriate business rules
Environment: Quality Center, SQL, PL/SQL, Autosys, ITG, Service center, UNIX, Oracle, DB2, TOAD