- Over 5+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance, Manual Testing and Automation.
- Experience in developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Scripts and Test Cases after reviewing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and technical design documents.
- Solid understanding of Agile Scrum Model and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experienced in managing defect/bugs using various defect/bug tracking tools like HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA & TFS.
- Expertise in automation testing using Selenium and QTP and writing automation scripts for automating test using Java in Selenium.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Expertise in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Accessibility Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing, end - to-end testing and Black Box testing methodologies.
- Manual and Automation Testing (Black Box, White Box Testing etc.) on Web - based applications.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tool like Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI , Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Used Postman tool to test the application for constructing the requests and for analyzing the response send by the Web API.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS & Git.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experienced in recording tests, debugging tests, editing scripts, running test scripts and analyzing results using testing tools Selenium.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problems solving skills and a good team player.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Centre, JUnit, Cucumber, SOAPUI, Load Runner
Language/ Script: Java, C, C#, .Net, HTML, CSS, XML
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Data Driven, POM
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, Web Services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Centre/ALM, Bugzilla, Visual Studio TFS, JIRA, Work soft
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub
Databases Technologies: MS SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle
Operating system: Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX, Linux, MacOS
QA Automation Tester
Confidential, LODI, CA
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Product Managers, and developers to obtain business, technical, and user expectations for gathering requirements to have a better understanding of the application.
- Followed Agile Methodology (SCRUM) for multiple phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) .
- Involved in writing test plans, test strategies, and test scenarios to test business requirements in Quality Center (QC) for manual and automation testing.
- Worked with Hybrid (Keyword and Data Driven) automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Involved in the Test Data creation and execution of automated Test Scripts by designing, executing and maintaining regression automated test cases with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber.
- Involved in writing Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of test cases/suites.
- Performed API testing using SOAP UI and WSDL file to validate the data as well as tested RESTful services.
- Committed Selenium WebDriver scripts to Git using EGit plugin for Eclipse IDE.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox .
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Participated in Peer Review meetings to enhance the Test Procedures and Test cases.
- Created test reports using Cucumber and captured the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in performing Bug Triage and prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
Environment:: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, BDD, SVN, Maven, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Eclipse IDE, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle, Jenkins, Windows.
QA Automation Tester
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Reviewed the Test Basis, designed and documented Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases and executed test cases.
- Responsible for writing and maintain Selenium WebDriver scripts for regression and functional testing using data driven framework.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework and setup the Automation framework using Selenium to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suite .
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Involved on Cucumber testing and defined the test scenarios and created the test cases in Test Manager.
- Involved in designing of automation framework to be used in UI testing with Selenium .
- Execute browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium WebDriver for testing UI for every new build release.
- Performed functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework and documented final results in a database.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked Defects using Quality Center test management tool.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the SQL Server supporting table.
- Wrote multiple complex queries like update, create, select, complex joins to validate database.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI ; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Python, TestNG, Angular JS, Protractor, LoadRunner, Jenkins, Cucumber, Agile, SQL, Maven, Appium, DHTML, SOAP UI, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Quality Center HTML, GitHub, Windows 7.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Worked in the agile SDLC environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Participated in Meetings and Walkthroughs, interacted with other development team members to better understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Involved in planning, designing and executing different test cases for Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, User Acceptance and GUI testing.
- Extensively worked on performance testing tools like JMeter.
- Developed test data depending on the Test Scenarios as per the functionality of the application.
- Performed Regression Testing for all code releases and for every added functionality.
- Tested critical bug fixes and coordinated with developers on release of bug fixes, meeting tight timeline.
- Used bug tracking tool Bugzilla to maintain Bug lifecycle from opening new bug to closing after fixed.
- Extensive use of defect tracking tools like Quality Center (QC) and Test Director .
- Experience in functional testing tools such as SOAP UI testing & developing scripts for Selenium Automation testing.
- Integrated Quality Center/ALM with Selenium using Open Test Architecture (OTA).
- Wrote SQL queries to validate the data integrity/stored procedure in the application.
- Validate Web Services /APIs built in SOA Architecture using SOAP UI .
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements during the testing phase.
- Performed different browser testing (IE, Netscape, Firefox, Google Chrome, SAFARI) for the web interface and compatibility using Selenium WebDriver.
Environment : HP QC, Selenium, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Soap UI, Cucumber, Eclipse, JMeter, Scrum methodology, Firebug, XML, Bugzilla, Oracle, SQL.