- Around 8 years of IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); developing Test Strategy, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using Selenium.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains.
- Expertise in Manual Testing Process and Testing Techniques.
- 6+ years of experience in design and implementation of Test automation frameworks like Page object model, Hybrid, Keyword driven, Data driven frameworks.
- Expertise in using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Soap UI and HP UFT / QTP.
- Strong Experience in CI and CD approach using Jenkins.
- Extensive experience in all stages of STLC & expertise in Functional &Regression testing methods for Web based applications in SIT and UAT phases.
- Expertise in analyzing Business/System Requirements, Test scenarios and developing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases and Automated Test Scripts.
- Expertise in SOA testing (Designing and implementing solutions) with REST and SOAP based web services
- Proven ability in writing JAVA, Ruby scripts for automation
- Experience in mobile testing on different platforms like Android, IOS using Appium automation tool.
- Expertise in Performance testing using Load Runner, JMeter and Neustar.
- Proficient in QA Testing Methodologies and Agile Software Development.
- Expertise in Object Oriented concepts, Rational Databases concepts.
- Expertise in collaborating with functional/cross functional test teams conducting Test Readiness Assessments.
- Expertise in functional testing, regression testing, and performance testing of non - GUI Web services.
- Extensive Expertise in Functional, Integration, System, End-To-End and Regression testing of various Web and intranet applications.
- Expertise in problem solving and Tracking Bug Reports using Bug tracking Tool like Jira.
- Authorized to work in United States for any employer
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/Grid/Web Driver, Microcontroller Interfacing, HP QTP, Eclipse, Load Runner, Cucumber, Manual Testing.
Testing Frameworks: Test NG
Defect Reporting Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Quality Center
Languages: C, Java, SQL
Project Management: Microsoft Office, MS Access, Agile, Waterfall
Testing Methodologies: System Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, White Box, Black Box, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Test Plan, Test Cases, Performance Testing, Load Testing.
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA and Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Manage Automation project with Maven Build tool. Used Maven for building the Web driver project.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Executed system, integration, end-to-end, and user acceptance test (UAT) test cases.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Jenkins.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud-based code repository system like GitHub.
- Worked in locating a web element using ID, name, class name, CSS selector and XPATH using Firebug and Fire path.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Soap UI, Rest, Cucumber, Eclipse, XML, XPath, Firebug, Firepath, Python, HP ALM, SQL, Windows
Confidential , Scottsdale, AZ
- Worked in an agile software development methodology.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Automation Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Used Maven to configure the dependencies and to run framework.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium and Cucumber framework.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Used GIT as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Used Fire path and Firebug Firefox plug-in for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Develop Python scripts to automate the test cases.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases Manually and Automated Scripts to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Developed Web Service Test with SOAP UI to test SOA platform.
- Developed Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application also performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- Used JIRA for defect management includes, defect logging, defect tracking, defect triaging and defect closure.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Prepared UAT report and shared this with the scrum master in order to discuss the progress and completion of User acceptance testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, SOAP UI, XPath, GIT, Eclipse, Agile, Jira, XPath, XML, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
QA Selenium Tester
- Reviewed Business and Functional Requirements for Usability, Accuracy and Completeness.
- Developed test cases and test plans with Traceability to Requirements for numerous projects ranging from client/server applications written in C# to web-based applications, and database migration, maintenance, and development projects.
- Developed internal procedures for migration from Test Director and WinRunner to Quality Center and Quick Test Pro requiring code conversions from TSL and C to VBScript.
- Performed and managed maintenance of all systems used in the testing environment including development of scripts utilizing WMI and PowerShell for setup and maintenance of VMWare-based test environments.
- Responsible for performing automated testing of various business applications in an Agile testing environment.
- Gathered and communicated Testing Metrics using Quality Center
- Performed role of QA Lead on numerous projects including mentoring of junior QA staff members.
- Participated in all kinds of scrum activities right from Sprint planning to Sprint Retrospective. Worked with product owner in identifying potential risks in initial stage.
- Developed test scripts and wrote SQL queries to validate the data in Back End.
Environment: SQL, Quality Center, VMWare, PowerShell, WinRunner, VBScript, C#.
Confidential, Redding, CA
Selenium Automation Tester
- Trained in HP Quick Test Professional (UFT), Selenium, and Appium.
- Developed an Android App for TCS trainees to submit a project, to check attendance and to check the results.
- Tested the mobile app using Appium automation tool.
- Submitted the project with Salesforce Development Life Cycle Methodologies Agile, Waterfall and Scrum in three different phases.
- Tested the functionality of the application with positive and Negative testing.
- Hands on experience in AGILE Methodology and contribute to Scrum activities like daily stand-ups, iteration planning, estimate/reporting and acceptance criteria definition.
- Extracted data from an MS SQL Server and created MS Excel and reports for business specific data validation.
- Reported software defects in Jira and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Created a summary document to report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
- Gathered business requirements, studied the application and collected the required information from developers, and business.
- Utilized Java, Eclipse, tested programming code and applications collaborated with team and management.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Wrote and executed test cases based on written design as well as based on product knowledge that resulted in greatly improving the software.
- Created detailed design documents using UML.
- Installed, configured and deployed software provided quality assurance.
- Executed the Test cases and reviewed the results to get the Business approval for UAT.
- Developed automated test suits using Salesforce and Selenium technologies.
- Worked closely with the design, engineering and testing teams to ensure the timely launch of product modules.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Consulted with customers and other departments heads on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Researched, tested, or verified proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Trained new trainees about the T-Codes that are used for Invoice generations and on how to manage the history of a product in Salesforce.
- Trained manual testers to execute and analyze automation smoke and regression tests. Tested an entire project Global Deal Pricing for Thomson Reuters end-t-end.
- Performed End to end Testing (ETE) starting from the source to the report.
- Conducted and coordinated with integration testing and regression testing.
- Worked closely with development team to resolve defects and functional issues.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Jira and Bugzilla.
- Scheduled calls & actively interacted with clients for various project related items or issues on a frequent basis.
- Organized the scripts by grouping as Smoke, Regression and Functional and executed them by creating schedules tasks.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Center & reported the same in status meetings.
Environment: STLC, Salesforce, Selenium, SAP, Smoke testing, Regression, testing, Integration Testing, Jira, Bugzilla, HP QTP, SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, MS SQL Server.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Involved in Preparation, Reviewing and Execution of test cases.
- Involved in writing Test Plan for the web application after analyzing the specifications and business requirements
- Performed End-to-End Manual Testing of the application.
- Wrote several Test Cases for testing various functionalities.
- Security testing ensured the application business logic and helped identify and patch all the vulnerabilities of the application.
- Performed Functional, Navigation, Regression and Smoke tests on the new enhancements added to the web application in different environments like UAT, Stress and finally in Production.
- Setup Jasmine and Selenium/IDE for unit and functional testing. Run Unit tests with Jasmine-Karma
- Implemented automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior-Driven (BDD) approach in Cucumber framework with Gherkin.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Involved in regression testing using QTP tool prior converting QTP scripts to Selenium web-driver.
- Used various queries to validate and populate data into a table.
- Developed Test cases and Test scripts to fully validate the functionality and ensure that the application meets all the security and privacy requirements.
- Participated in the test environment setup and in ensuring that the facilities, test tools and scripts are in place to successful perform the required testing effort.
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Tables and to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Configured test environment for specific test cases, created test data, and executed automated and manual tests, documented results, and updated defect tracking systems in Clear Quest.
- Performed extensive functional GUI level testing and wrote /modified tests from scratch.
- Created and executed automated test scripts.
- Involved in User Interface testing, Usability Testing, Functionality Testing and Smoke Testing of the application.
Environment: User Interface testing, Usability Testing, Functionality Testing, GUI level testing, Clear Quest, SQL Statements, regression testing, UAT, .NET, Jasmine and Selenium/IDE, Jasmine-Karma, Cucumber framework with Gherkin.
- Involved in User Interface testing, Usability Testing, Functionality Testing and Smoke Testing of the application.
- Analyzed the software functionality.
- Developed test plans based on an understanding of the business functionality and the software testing methodology.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document and prepare the detailed Test Plan and Test Criteria for the testing effort using Quality Center.
- Develop & Automate Data Validation Test Cases to test the application.
- Performed System Testing.
- All the issues that came up during the testing process were tracked and logged in Clear Quest as defects.
- Used Quality Center for execution of manual test scripts.
- Developed a test plan and modified the test plan when required in later stages of testing. Tests were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Clear Quest.
- Conducted Multi-User, Smoke and System testing.
- Supported testing and development environments (i.e. backups, restores, version control of source, targets, and data), Liaison with the systems administrators.
- Performed Performance Testing to identify abnormalities in the web application.
- Developed test cases based on business and functional requirement.
- Conducted Regression testing, Integration testing and User acceptance testing for various combinations using Manual and automated tools.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were created to by the application.
- Monitored the defect tracking process using Clear Quest, trouble shooting and generating customized graphs and reports for the client.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Maintaining status reports and communicating with the Management regarding progress of work.
- After successful development and testing of the product, participated in User Acceptance Testing, product release and deployment to end-user.
Environment: Interface testing, Usability Testing, Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, Clear Quest, RTM, User Acceptance Testing, Quality Center.