- Commanding over all 6+ Years of experience in the IT industry, with enriched experience in the areas of Software testing process, Functional, Manual and Automation Testing Process with latest tools and technologies, enjoy grasping new technologies, sport a short learning curve - from a development background which has helped complement my role in designing and implementing optimized Test solutions.
- Expertise in Preparing Effort Estimation, Test Plans, Test Strategies, Metrics, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC/ STLC including Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing in different QA Processes like V - model and Agile Scrum model.
- Proficiency in Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications
- Responsible for writing test cases and maintaining test scripts as per the business specifications and functional requirements
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Java, TestNG & Maven
- Involved in the Design and implemented different CI/CD Automation frameworks like Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework for cucumber various projects.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Maintained Selenium and Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like GIT for improvements and new features.
- Performed cross browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome) testing.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects Framework and Data Driven Framework.
- Experienced in different types of testing on AUT like GUI, Functional, Regression, System Testing, Integration, and end to end Testing.
- Experience in Testing Databases of RDBMS in SQL database, Oracle, DB2 and SQL SERVER.
- Proficient in Defect management, including Defect creation, modification, tracking, and reporting using JIRA.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies very quickly.
- Self-starter and a team player with excellent communication, interpersonal, positive thinking and mentoring skills and a good aptitude for learning.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
Testing Tools: Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Maven, Scrum, Jenkins, Quality Center, Jira.
Languages: Java, SQL, HTML, XML
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, PostGresql, MS Access
OS/ Web/App servers: Windows, Linux, IIS, Apache, WebLogic
Confidential, Windsor Mill, MD
QA Test Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Actively interacted with the Business users, product owner and the developers in the Agile scrum team to understand the test scenarios.
- Modernized the Automation test scripts based on the periodical changes in the functionality requirements of product.
- Defined test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium Web Driver , TestNG and Java.
- Automated various critical points identified in functional testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed and automated regression test cases with positive scenarios using Selenium Web Driver.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Automation acceptance test suite using Selenium and TestNG framework.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver API in Java and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) in Continuous Integration cucumber tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Implemented Framework for Automation scripts using Java.
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using TestNG and Selenium.
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute the Scripts parallel on different browsers .
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Created XML based test suite and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation Java scripts on CI/CD regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Conducting Regression Testing whenever some code module is changed identified risks and developed mitigation strategies.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases also involved in weekly status and task review meeting.
- Involved in implementation and documentation of standard procedures for setting up and configuration of the test.
- Work with multiple priorities and collaboratively with Development, Business and QA team .
Environment: Jira, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Oracle, Java, Ruby on Rails, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows and Linux.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
QA Selenium Automation Engineer
- Developed Test Cases, Use Cases and Automation test scripts. Other activities included test execution, report generation.
- Worked on an agile scrum development environment - consisting of many iterative releases with extensive co-ordination between the developers, testers and the business analysts.
- Involved in regression test planning, work assignment, setting goals / objectives for the release, work trackers, and also involved in regular project level status meetings.
- Implemented Page Objects framework, Hybrid framework to accommodate multiple applications.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Maven
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and CI/CD developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Enhanced Test scripts using Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Generated UI test final reports by using Selenium Web Driver API TestNG framework.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script is over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL database for data verification and validation
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE SCRUM environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Involved in Script Maintenance and Script Execution.
- Participated in Test result evaluation, documentation, and relevant reporting.
- Participated in determining test environment and test data needs.
- Written automated scripts with Xpath to identify web elements such that most of the browsers can be used.
- Designed data-driven testing framework using cucumber Jenkins in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA.
- Ran regression scripts to ensure that the existing features are working fine.
- Attended Team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss for any technical issues in the project that are faced by team members.
- Analyzed and communicated test results to management. Made recommendations for product improvements wherever necessary.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, TestNG Quality Center, MS Office, Visio, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Java, Java Script, J2EE, and Windows.
Confidential, St. Lovis, MO
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Worked as Quality Assurance (Automation) Engineer in the project that followed the AGILE model.
- Create test plan, test cases, test scripts to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in creation, review, and finalization of agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Configured Selenium and GRID scripts on Virtual machines.
- Use Jenkins for nightly build execution and sending status mail if build fails to QA team.
- Develop Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium Web Driver, and TestNG.
- Perform parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Wrote automation test cases and fixing automation script bugs.
- Analyzed Business Requirement document and develop Test Plan for System testing.
- Participated weekly meeting with testing team members, developers and business analyst.
- Executed the test cases manually and analyzed the results and reported the bugs to the developers.
- Used Snag-it to provide supporting documents like snap shots and recorded clips with Analysis Report.
- Attended walkthroughs and review meetings with Business analysts and development teams.
- Analyzes and evaluates major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system.
- Reviews user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution.
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Performed analysis, Assessment, Task distribution, Scheduling, Reporting, Meeting scheduling, etc. using MS Project, MS Power point, MS word, MS Excel.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
Environment: Quality Center, Selenium Web Driver, MS Office, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows, UNIX.