- Around 7 years of experience in Automation Testing, Manual Testing and Business Analysis in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) with expertise in Developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases and Automation Test Scripts using Selenium for Mobile and Web Applications for Healthcare, Finance, Insurance and Banking domains.
- Expertise in Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI, (UAT)User Acceptance Testing, Feature testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, Performance testing, Load testing and Stress testing in mobile and web applications.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber.
- Experienced in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as iterative development environments.
- Expertise in preparing test strategies, test plans, test methodologies, test scenarios, rest summary reports, test cases and test documents for both automated and manual testing based on user requirements, system requirements and use case documents.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall, V - model and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and developing test objectives, strategies, scope, test procedures and test matrices.
- Experienced in using Accessing Forms, Tables, Link, Keyboard Mouse Events, uploading file using Selenium WebDriver. Experienced in using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run parallel testing by creating Groups and categorizing test cases.
- Experienced in cross-browser and compatibility testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Strong knowledge on Iphone and Android operating systems and applications.
- Expertise in manual and automated mobile application testing for Android/iOS (Mobile), client server and cloud applications.
- Performed black box, database, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario by using Selenium.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Experienced in Handset testing, writing test plans, defining test cases for module screens of the application, developing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing results and reporting defects.
- Experienced in Database Testing using SQL Queries for SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experienced in Bug Tracking and Reporting using JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Experienced with projects that utilized web technologies like XML, HTML, CSS.
- Experience using Apache POI API to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle, Rational Unified Process.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Cucumber, Junit.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, Java 1.7/1.8, XML, HTML, JSON.
Frameworks: Data Driven, Selenium, Page Object Model (POM).
Mark up Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, MAC OS, Android, IOS.
Defect Tools: JIRA and Bugzilla
MS Office Tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Access.
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, Firebug, Fire Path.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Performed Black Box and Unit testing using Equivalence Partitioning analysis.
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements and Test plans.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Recorded and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Exported Test Case Scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium scripts and executed. Prepared automation test framework.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Knowledge in preparation of automation test framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Maven to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms, browser combinations in parallel.
- Experience in web UI tests using cucumber, capybara, gherkin, Selenium WebDriver (tests written in ruby).
- Test case automation using Cucumber, Ruby test automation tool and Gherkin scripting language.
- Experience in configuring Maven for java automation projects.
- Experience in executing Maven, GitHub projects using Jenkins.
- Designed and executed back end testing by validating results of SQL queries, also gained knowledge in JDBC Database testing using Eclipse IDE.
- Executed SQL queries to compare the data in database with GUI and web services.
- Experience developing test plans and automating test cases following standard testing frameworks & agile methodology, using TestNG and JUNIT.
- Executed SQL queries to compare the data in database with GUI and web services.
- Involved in testing of Mobile Banking GUI on Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari and the mobile app on Android and iOS.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project and leading offshore team.
Environment: Windows, Java, TestNG, Selenium, ALM QC, Oracle, SQL, Unix Shell Script.
Senior Selenium/Automation Engineer
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Performed Business Requirement Analysis by thoroughly understanding Project Design Document and Business Requirement Document.
- Designed and developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG.
- Developed/Updated System Test Plan, Test scenarios and Test Scripts as per the requirements and Change Request Document.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver scripts. Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Extended Testng framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Ported existing QTP automation scripts into TestNG and Selenium test cases.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkin.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyboard driven and hybrid framework.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API Testing using SOAP UI.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Performed Back end testing by writing SQL statements like Join, Inner Joins, and Outer joins and Self Joins used Oracle and SQL Developer.
- Participated in bug walk meetings with development team, business team and project managers for defect triage and provide analysis on the nature of the defect.
- Coordinated tasks with onshore/offshore resources.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in agile methodology.
QA Automation Software Engineer
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Wrote Ant build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of JUnit test cases/suites for Lens Measurement screen, Lens Type Screen, Aftercare screen and two eye replication screens.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Performed Unit testing for Java applications using Junit.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java/Junit).
- Involved in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using ANT.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.;
- Performed the testing of Restful web services for mobile apps for the Using SOAP UI.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Quality center, a test management tool.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver (2.37.0), Junit, Jenkins (2.3), Ant, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Firebug, Firepath, Xpath, Eclipse, Quality Center, SQL server, IE, Firefox, Chrome, WebLogic, Windows, UNIX.
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver from manual test cases.
- Coordinated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Created and enhanced test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using WebDriver.
- Developed automation scripts on Web Based Application.
- Performed Cross Browser and Multiple Machines (for Multiple Versions) tests on Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
- Involved in data conditioning, maintenance, report management, and knowledge transfer session for new team members.
- Worked in different projects (EOS) using different tools such as QTP.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Participated in Daily Scrum meeting, Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting and weekly assessment meetings.
- Attended, discussed and submitted work progress weekly report to Project Manager/Risk Owner.
- Performed Successful discussion with all members, Project manager and QA Manager to collect data for automation and testing.
- Used Application Lifecycle Management (Quality Center) for tracking test requirements, references, test plans, defects and communicating them among the team members and developers.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
Environment: Clear Quest, Web Services, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Watir Web Driver, SQL Server, XML, JUnit, TestNG, SoapUI, Ruby script.
- Worked with users, business, development teams in gathering functional and business requirements.
- Attended JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions to understand the business/functional requirements.
- Prepared test plans as per the requirements/specifications for each individual release/project, which details the testing scope, strategy, hi-level test requirements, risks involved, time lines.
- Prepared test execution plans for each release/project.
- Validated actual results against expected results.
- Verified test results and reported the defects using Quality Center.
- Categorized bugs based on priority and severity to get them resolved.
- Performed UAT Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing(SIT), System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing and Unit Testing.
- Conducted manual regression analysis of the Test Scripts.
- Worked with the SQL queries to retrieve and manipulate the data as per the requirement.
- Attended every day defect status call and distributed the defects to help clear the defects in QA bucket.
- Analyse the test results and generation of results report.
- Discussions with the developers to tune the system based on analysis.
- Responsible for updating project status to project manager and team.
- Involved in Capturing Events and Played Back Scripts using QTP.
- Conducted regression tests to verify that the bugs were fixed & to make sure fix did not impact the application negatively.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and inline views to retrieve data from the database.
- Ensured that test execution and reports were effective and coordinated.
- Updated the test cases/scripts based on the new requirements/changes to the application.
- Involved in the lessons learned meetings after the test phase is over.
Environment: Quality Center 8.0, QTP 9.1, HTML 5, Java SE 6