- About a year of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance Testing, in validating the applications including Web, Database, Browser Compatibility testing, and Rest API’s.
- Sound knowledge of SDLC models including Agile (Scrum), and Water Fall.
- Well versed with Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Proficient in creating Test Plans, Test Cases based on the Business Requirement documents / Stories.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Browser compatibility testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong in Front - End Testing and Back-End testing manually
- Sound knowledge of test management tools including HP Application Lifecycle Management for creating test cases, executing and raising the defects.
- Specialized in analyzing the Requirements/stories in writing detailed test cases, execution of test scenarios, analyzing the actual results against the expected results, creation of test data manually.
- Maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix to perform Gap Analysis.
- JIRA tool is used extensively for reviewing the Acceptance Criteria of stories, for creating the bugs and capturing screen shots for mis-matches between stories and web application.
- Worked closely with Product owners, and Business Analysts, and also supported Business Users testing.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand applications from a technical as well as business perspective.
- Diligent worker, self-starter, consistent performer and adaptable to work both as a team member as well as independently.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro,Quality Center, ALM, Zephyr
Bug Reporting Tools: Quality Center
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Vista/2003 Server/7
Languages: C#, C, JAVA, VB
Development Tools: Visual Studio 2005.
SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MS: Access, Oracle
Agile Tools: JIRA
Others: Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Presentation
Automation testing: Eclipse, Selenium (Chrome/IE/Firefox Web Drivers), Jenkins, Mavens, POI
- Involved in testing manually as well as automated fashion in testing the projects, comprised of Front end / Backend (Database testing) / Rest API’s.
- Worked closely with Client Product Owners, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Developers, and Development team.
- Collaborated with BA and Product Owners frequently for requirements clarification.
- Actively participated in all Agile Ceremonies including Standups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review Sprint Planning and Retrospective meetings.
- Prepared and created functional test cases, test data (using BVA techniques) for each of the Sprint stories.
- Tools including JIRA for Stories, Wiki for detailed Acceptance Criteria and Zephyr tool for test case creation/test execution are used.
- Actively participated in project meetings and discussions.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, and Regression testing.
- Tested the API’s using the Postman tool, by posting the JSON Requests and verifying the JSON Response.
- Created SQL queries/joins to validate data of all the applications involved.
- Assisted Business users / UAT testers for user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Involved in automating manual test cases using the Java Selenium (Web Drivers) to perform the Browser Compatibility testing on IE, Chrome and Firefox.
- Provide QA Certifications / Sign-off for each Sprint Release.
Environment: JIRA, Java, J2EE, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Office, Microsoft visual studio.net 2017,SQLserver management Studio, Agile-Scrum, HP ALM, groovy, Jenkins, Maven, Selenium Web Drivers, Cucumber, POI (Excel), API jobs, Selenium Web Drivers (IE, Chrome and Firefox).
- Reviewed and Analyzed the Business and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Created Test Plan referring to the BRDs and FRS and reviewed with Stake Holders.
- Created manual Test Cases in Excel Spreadsheets using the Test Case Standards, then
- Uploaded the Test Cases into HP ALM after the Test Cases are reviewed and approved by the peers.
- Reviewed Test cases developed by other team members as part of peer review.
- Used HP ALM to execute test cases, raise defects, for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Created and executed SQL queries using Toad tool, to ensure data accuracy.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for Requirements and Test Cases
- Executed Functional, regression, integration and smoke tests
- Developed Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, and Test steps for various Business Services/methods
- Wrote SQL queries to verify and validate the exact targets for email and direct mail campaigns Performed data driven testing by fetching data from Excel sheets and Databases to verify the application's behavior for different data inputs
- Responsible for entering, tracking bugs in HP ALM and reporting the defects to the developers for Modification Request
Environment: Windows XP, MS SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Word, Agile (Scrum), HP ALM, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint