- Around 7+ years of work experience in Software Testing specializing in Black Box Testing using both Manual Testing and Automation Testing. Well - versed with all stages of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Skilled in using Collections in Python for manipulating and looping through different user defined objects.
- In-depth experience setting up, maintaining and enhancing CI tools, particularly Jenkins.
- Strong Database (Oracle, SQL Server and DB2) testing skills using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Wrote scripts to test the flat files data in the data bases and performed flat file testing.
- Expertise in Execution of Test cases, Test scripts and generating automation Test scripts using Automation tool. Experience in Manual Testing using Quality Center and Rational Test Manager.
- Extensively used Soap UI to validate Soap/WSDL and Web services. Experience with working in scripting languages such as SQL, VBScript, HTML and XML. Good hands on experience in dealing with various Data sources like SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access, Excel.
- Worked on database testing on triggers, logical views and SQL queries which support database refactoring
- Familiar with OSI and TCP/IP
- Providing secure document storage and shredding for various customers
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Defect life cycle management and different methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for back-end testing and validation of data.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent Technical, Analytical, Problem Solving skills, strict attention to detail and ability to work independently, work within a team environment.
- Efficient team member with excellent work/time management skills, excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Much experience in using Firebug and Fire path of Mozilla Firefox in built tools.
- Expertise in Set up of Selenium Web Driver on J Unit Framework using Eclipse IDE.
- Hands on experience in creating test frameworks using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, UFT/QTP, Cucumber, and TestNG including hands on experience in Java/SQL.
- Experience in using Automated Performance Testing tools like HP Load Runner, HP Performance Center, and IBM Rational Performance Tester& J Meter.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Testing & ANT/MAVEN. Experienced in using Test Management tools such as TFS, Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla and Quality Center (ALM) bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Worked with defect tracking tools like Quality Center, ALM, JIRA and Clear Quest. Created & executed automated scripts/components using Selenium tool that supports Java platform
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies. Working within agile development teams with a BDD approach and supporting the developers to quality assured developments early.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries using TOAD, PL/SQL and Oracle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints. Worked on Voice tone platform and both INBOUND and OUTBOUND IVR applications.
- Performing Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/GRID,HP Quick Test Pro (QTP/UFT) 11, Quality Centre/ALM 11, Load Runner 11, JUnit, Cucumber, Hudson, TestNG, Web Services, Finesse, Xamarin, SOAP UI,ITKO Lisa, Spec Flow, Smoke Testing, Coded UI, Appium, Jenkins, Maven, ETL, Video testing.
Test Frameworks: JUNIT, NUNIT, TestNG, Protractor, Karma, Data Driven Framework, Keyword Driven.
Firefox Add-ons: XPath, Firebug, Fire Path.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services, SOAP UI.
Bug-Tracking Tools: BugZilla, JIRA, Mantis, Element tool, Rally, HP ALM/Quality Center.
Build/Continuous Integration Tools: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
Databases Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000/2005,OLAP and OLTP, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, MYSQL.
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/XP, UNIX, LINUX, MAC OS X.
Mobile Platforms: IOS, Android OS, Windows Phone.
QA Methodologies: Agile, Scrum and waterfall.
Version Control: Git, SVN, CVS, TFS.
Confidential, Harrison, New York
SR. QA Automation Tester/Manual tester
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, and Agile methodologies.
- Wrote and executed TDD (Test Driven Development), managed test data and utilized test data management techniques.
- Wrote business logic code in C# code behind files to read data from database stored procedures.
- Involved in all the phases of Manual Testing process and worked closely with Business stakeholders.
- Involved in writing the Unit Test Cases using SQL. Involved in Performance tuning of the existing SQL and PL/SQL Queries
- Developed external custom functions using VBScript and using Descriptive Programming for QTP .
- Cleansing data generated from weblogs with automated scripts in Python .
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium and TestNG, Bamboo CI functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments of life & annuity insurance
- Manually performed Back-End testing by writing SQL queries and validating the database using Complex SQL Joins and Functions.
- Work with Jenkins and CI tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing.
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium Web Driver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform Web Driver, Junit Executed regression test procedures and automated test suites and scripts.
- Developed and updated the automated regression suites in an UAT environment using Selenium Web Driver.
- Unit Test Python library was used for testing many programs on python and other codes.
- Scripting the test cases for regression using Selenium Web Driver using Java. Used dataset, data reader, data view to read data using ADO.Net objects.
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium, Cucumber and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through Soap UI.
- Sole performance of API testing with different sub-systems as a part of Back-end test.
- Worked closely with front-end engineer to design and tweak Restful API used by the frontend.
- Extensive use and knowledge of automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver, Appium and Soap UI.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Added Property Transfer in Soap UI tool to transfer the values from one response XML to another request XML.
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Developed automated testing suite in Soap UI for Rest API testing.
- Created Page Object Model Mobile automation framework on both IOS and for Android using Appium. Extensively worked on Cucumber with the preferred Languages Java .
- Helped in performance testing for API using J Meter , by writing and running the performance test, collect data, and generate reports.
- Sole performance of API testing with different sub-systems as a part of Back-end test. Restful Web Service testing using Http Client Java library. And used nightwatch.js.
- Prepared Load Runner scenarios for Load and Performance testing using different host systems.
- Rational Clear Quest used for Defect tracking, associating requirements, Document Modification.
- Executed multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the Load Runner Controller.
- Developed metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with performance metrics and status report.
- Customized ALM modules and supported user export process into ALM Defects, Test Plan, and Requirements.
- Programming knowledge in java script.
- Mobile automation of IMDB android and windows app using Appium and Selenium Web Driver
Confidential, Health Insurance, Madison, WI
QA Analyst & Manual tester
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Designed and implemented different automation frame works(TDD) from starch like Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework in different projects.
- Automated the build process to create the installers from TFS, so that team can build their installers whenever the code changes.
- Used Jenkins/Hudson to perform single click Continuous Integration Automation.
- Implemented CI and CD for database using Liquibase, Jenkins
- Experienced in conducting different types of testing including Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Data Driven Testing, Back End Testing, Integration, Regression, Sanity, Functional and System testing.
- Worked for creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and entire Testing process. Created Web pages using Angular JS and did performance testing using J Meter.
- Implemented an automated deployment process using Jenkins and Git that we use for deployments our staging and QA environments.
- Created Python/My SQL back-end for data entry from Flash. I had to assist the Flash developer send the correct data via query strings.
- Designed front end and backend of the application using Python on Django Web Framework
- Wrote PL/SQL Queries to retrieve the data from various Tables and to test the database.
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing No SQL statements.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica 8.1/7.1/6.2 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager)
- Generated property list for every application dynamically using python.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like ALM, Selenium RC/Web driver, J Meter, Soap UI, and Visio.
- Developed BDD Automation Framework using Cucumber tool and developed Feature files which includes Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML and selected web element by using Firebug and Fire Path.
- Involved in Regression and System testing of the application using QTP/UFT 11.5.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium, J Unit and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium Web Driver provided more flexibility in automating test cases
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controllers.
- Used Soap UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Regression using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Rational Clear Quest to log the defects that were found during test execution.
- Analyzing the defect when reported by going through the Web API logs and then submitting them in TFS .
- Fix XML bugs on the daily basis, and verify fixes in a variety of browsers, applications, and devices.
- Expertise in generating Virtual User Scripts and Load Scenarios using J Meter and Load Runner for different transactions to execute Load Testing and Stress Testing.
- Reporting, tracking, and determining the priority of reporting bugs in JIRA.
- Used open source environment in Linux and UNIX Platform Web application testing
- Experience in using Defect management systems such as HP ALM (Quality Center).Successfully rolled out Agile Strategy Mapping approach, a key technique in Agile transformation
Environment: Selenium RC/IDE/Web Driver, Quality Center (QC)/ALM, QTP/UFT 11.5, Agile, BDD, TDD, Cucumber, Jenkins, J Unit, Smoke Test, TestNG, J Meter, Load Runner, Appium, Soap UI, TFS, SVN, Eclipse, XPATH, Firebug, Fire path, JIRA, Python, Java, HTML, XML, SQL Server 2012, Linux, SQL, C# Soap UI, Oracle, Java, Java Script, HTML, Python, XML, Linux.
Confidential, Pompano Beach, FL
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Provided technical assistance for feature, functional and regression testing in SDET.
- Analyze Sales force system usage and data storage patterns to improve efficiency CVS,SVN for version control
- Experience in developing applications using ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Forms, LINQ and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Experienced in Creating test script in HP UFT QTP by recording, without recording, modifying manually and running the script in HP UFT 11.5 QTP / HP ALM 11.52 QC saving the results in HP ALM.
- Ran the scripts for multiple users using controller in Load runner for CCT GUI/ API regression/Load testing.
- Installation and maintenance of the test lab. Installation of Win Runner and Load Runner.
- Design applications using SOA and ITKO Lisa Automation tool.
- Extensively worked on J Meter to create Thread Groups and test Web Application for various loads on key business scenarios.
- The position involved looking after the physical network, the UNIX systems and networks, helpdesk, a multi-site email network with SMTP , backups, user account synchronization and availability across the wide range of internals and running Iona's main internet servers, net connection and firewall.
- Conducted client consultations for WLAN/WAN hardware and software, including networks, routers, and servers. Analyzed business needs and recommended solutions
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity
- Developed Java test scripts in Selenium for Page Object Frame Work.
- Prepared and executed of test scripts using J Meter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Good Experience on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in selenium --RC by using Java
- Experience in testing EDI according to HIPAA compliance.
- Used SOAPUI (use of groovy script) for test data setup in Test Driven Development.
- Identifying and preparing test data for Manual and Mobile Testing.
- Updated test cases and test scripts according to changed requirements as well as using Quick Test Pro for regression testing.
- Expertise in test management tools like HP ALM/QC and Bug Tracking tools like Bugzilla to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API
- Involved in testing web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, created Test cases and run them.
- Used open source environment in Linux and UNIX Platform Web application testing.
- Identified software capability and reliability by conducting functional, system, and regression and performance tests.
- Documented and reported test outcomes by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing data to development team.
- Assisted in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the development team.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG, using SVN as VCS for a Java based Web application, using Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment jobs.
- Worked with minimal supervision, whilst being responsive in a fast paced development environment.
- Filed by filed logic validation based on business requirements between different stages.
- Record Reconciliation based on extraction logic (Row counts balancing between Source Staging DWH DM).
- Works closely with developers and business analysts to define test scenarios and developed a plan.
Environment: Quality Center10/11, Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT 10.0, Selenium IDE/Web Driver, BDD, TDD Cucumber, Agile Methodology, Load Runner SQL, Jenkins, TestNG, JIRA, Soap UI, SOAP, WSDL, C#, Java, HTML, Python, XML, Bugzilla SQL, Oracle, Java Script, HTML, Python, XML, Linux.
Confidential, Springfield, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in writing and executing detailed Test cases, Test plans and Test design documents.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium RC, Junit and Java (7Eclipse IDE) contributed in framework creation.
- Efficiently and effectively work on projects for Salesforce.com, providing timely, detailed solutions, helping to streamline business processes
- Developed Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis Test Results using a Hybrid Framework in Selenium RC.
- Expert in UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Set used an test environment for client server based using Set top Box on Windows 98/2000 and Linux platform.
- Responsible for estimating required resource and components for SOA testing
- Customized and enhanced the Test Scripts defining various Checkpoints, Synchronization points, Input value, Output value, Parameterize Test, Define Regular expressions, Recovery Scenarios, Optional Steps using HP UFT QTP .
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API testing using Test harness tool.
- Implemented Modular Frame work for Selenium RC scripts using Java in Page Library model.
- Developed a Data Driven Framework using Selenium RC/IDE.
- Performed Functional testing of modules, Tracked defect in Bugzilla, assigned them to appropriate development team and follow up with them till closure.
- Performed functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using Selenium RC.
- Automated suitable test cases for Regression Testing using J Unit for back end automation.
- Involved in creating automation test suites for progression & regression testing in SOAP UI. The messaging formats included SOAP over HTTP&REST based clients with XML payload.
- Identified Test cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using Soap UI.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix and also updated the Requirement traceability matrix timely with the changes in HP Quality Center.
- Involved in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run Selenium RC script in stable condition.
- Used JIRA for Bug Tracking, Bug fixing, and Bug Reporting.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Quires of the Application like checking all the Tables in the Database and checking whether the data is moving in their Respective Tables.
Environment: Quality Center (QC)/ALM, QTP/UFT, Selenium Web Driver, Agile (Scrum), J Meter, SQL, Soap UI, Oracle, Java, Java Script, HTML, Python, XML, Linux.