- Over seven years of professional IT experience in QA Automation Analyst/Tester.
- Proficient with Software Testing Methodologies including developing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting.
- Experienced in systems management - Including analysis, development, Testing, implementation and documentation.
- Good Knowledge in performing both positive and negative testing.
- Extensively experienced on AGILE Methodology to understand Scrum, and Sprint Work.
- Experienced in Black box and Gray box testing of Web and Client /Server based applications.
- Proficient in System Testing, Configuration Testing, Data Driven Testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing and UAT.
- Expertise in Project Management tools like JIRA to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects.
- Expertise at defect-reporting and defect-tracking using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Good Knowledge in logging requirements, creating Test Cases, running tests using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Strong Knowledge in checking the data integrity using SQL Queries.
- Experienced in enhancing by inserting various checkpoints and maintaining high-end test scripts for various functional and regression tests using QTP/UFT and VBScript.
- Expertise in Automated-testing using Quick Test Professional/UFT.
- Experienced in developing custom function libraries using VBScript.
- Proficient with VBScript to developing and maintaining test automation framework like Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid Framework and automated test scripts using HP’s UFT/ QTP and enhancing the scripts for Reusability.
- Hands on experience with SOAPUI for web services testing.
- Deep understanding of technology with focus on delivering business solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self-starter, quick learner and team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in designing, developing, and implementing innovative business process and provided system solutions using new approaches.
MS Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Outlook
Languages: VB.NET, Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, PHP, C, C++, C#, PL/SQL, VB Script, Java, Java Script, CSS
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, HP QTP, HP UFT, JIRA, SOAP UI
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, RUP
Confidential, Rockville, MD
QA Automation Analyst
- Participated in gathering user requirement and online system specification.
- Developed and maintained Test Plan, Test Conditions, Test Data and expected results for Functional tests.
- Identified Test Cases based on the requirements, participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Performed different kinds of testing like Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression Usability, System, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitated End to End testing along with defects status turn over meetings.
- Responsible for Defect Tracking and Management using JIRA.
- Used HP ALM for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management and Bug Reporting.
- Used HP ALM to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Verified database information by employing SQL queries for data accuracy and consistency.
- Used SQL Queries to validate the data in the Oracle databases.
- Reviewed Stored Procedures for reports and wrote test queries against the source system (SQL Server) to match the results with the actual report against the Data Mart (Oracle).
- Developed automation scripts for functional, and regression test using UFT.
- Wrote VBScript to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test.
- Involved in creating, enhancing and maintaining high-end object repository using UFT.
- Performed Web services and Message testing tasks using SOAP UI tool.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing of the application.
- Provided statistical reports on QA testing and defects resolution progress on a weekly basis to stakeholders and management.
- Reviewed deliverables completed with quality on time.
- Involved in preparing Functional Defect Analysis Report for every release.
ENVIRONMENT : .Net, C#, CSS, SOAP UI, SQL Server, MS Word, Windows, MS Project, JIRA, HP ALM, UFT, Java, J2EE, Java Script, VB Script, XML, UNIX, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
QA Automation Tester
- Evaluated Business requirements- understood system change requirements and participated in the analysis and design of project specifications with the project management team.
- Worked closely with developers and SME to make sure the new application met the business requirements.
- Created different Test suites under Execution tab in Test Manager to assemble collections of tests to be executed together and checked the test coverage by exercising combinations of tests.
- Architected and implemented agile QA processes and practices, including defect and test management.
- Performed data-driven testing to read test input data from an Excel File so as to test the application with different positive and negative data.
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing, and Defect Reporting in JIRA.
- Used HP ALM to load Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts for both Manual and Automation testing.
- Responsible for defect management includes, defect logging, defect tracking, defect triaging and defect closure using HP ALM.
- Performed manual testing as an ongoing process of the development life cycle using HP ALM.
- Used HP ALM to manage the requirements, test scripts and also defects.
- Developed SQL Queries to check data validity and database Integrity.
- Responsible for writing complex SQL Queries to find out that the data is correctly populated in each field.
- Extensively compared actual data to baseline data by inserting Checkpoints for text, single property and objects appropriately in UFT.
- Developed Automation Framework using VB script coding in UFT.
- Performed Automation testing for Functionality and Standard testing using UFT.
- Wrote data driven tests by UFT scripting to read the test input data from Flat File, to verify application behavior with positive and negative data.
- Performed regression testing after each new build of the application using UFT and tracking the defects.
- Inserted Synchronization point and also regular expression to enable UFT to recognize objects.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP Web Services using SOAP UI tool.
- Involved in performing UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Generated problem and changed reports and ensured the Corrective action for these reports operate correctly.
ENVIRONMENT : HP ALM, UFT, JIRA, Soap UI, .Net, VBScript, Java, Java Script, MS SQL Server, Web Services, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Windows, UNIX.
- Involved in creating Test plans, Test cases and Test reports for various modules in the applications.
- Performed Use case reviews, Test scripts reviews and executed of Test Scripts.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Development of Integration and System Test Plan.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Used Quality Center/ALM to create and document Test Plans, Test Cases and register the expected results.
- Executed the test cases and tracked defects using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed Manual Testing of web-based and client-server enterprise applications and used Quality Center/ALM for test management.
- Developed SQL queries and performed backend testing to validate data integrity in data base tables.
- Performed functional testing and system testing of various web and client server based applications using QTP/UFT.
- Worked on compatibility testing of the application using QTP/UFT.
- Involved in Regression Testing for every changes in modules using QTP/UFT.
- Automated Integration and System test environments using VBScript in QTP/UFT.
- Worked on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with users along with providing training to end-users.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test cases.
- Reported to all team members with Daily Status to track the updates in testing.
- Monitored project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
ENVIRONMENT : JIRA, TOAD, C, C++, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, Soap UI, MS Visio, MS Excel, Java, Java Script, HTML, Agile, MS Word, UNIX.