- Over 5 years of professional experience as QA/Software Test professional working in leading companies & projects performing Manual & Automated Testing application that were developed on various platforms & programming languages, and now seeking a position in Software Quality Assurance to invest & advance my career.
- Over five (5) years of practical experience in software testing, methodology, SDLC of web - based & client server application performing Manual and Automated Testing
- Expertise in preparing, writing and executing Functional & Non-functional Requirements, Manual Test Cases, Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Execution Reports for Automated and Manual testing
- Advanced practical knowledge & experience of HP test automation tools QuickTest Professional (QTP) for Functional & Regression Testing, and requirement, test & defect management tools ALM Quality Center (HP), JIRA
- Experience in Mobile Testing using mobile handset GSM/GPRS/3G/CDMA WAP Applications. Familiarity with all of different mobile platforms (Android, iOS, RIM, Windows Phone, Brew, and WebOS)
- Experienced in high collaboration with software development teams to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects by following Bug Life Cycle (BLC)
- Manually verified Database changes in Oracle via TOAD and SQL Developer which occurred due to the new entries of data in tables and new fields which were added in various tables
- Strong knowledge and experience applying QA best practices, techniques, and tools in a fast-paced, iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Methodology.
- Development experience of Testing Traceability Matrix to ensure each requirement is successfully testing based on testing methodology
- Experienced in fast-faced environments and various methodologies - Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and XP
- Facilitates complex group meetings and conducts information gathering sessions such as Daily Standup, Bug Review Meeting, Confidential Planning / Review and Requirement Walkthrough Meeting.
- Identified opportunities, then leads the roll out of inventive tech ideas and implements solutions with other projects teams, the SQA department, as well as other departments.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Windows Mobile, Android, iOS
Bug Tracking Tools: Test Director, QC, Jira, TestLink, BugZilla
Test Automation Tools: HP UFT, HP QTP, SeeTest, Mite
Databases: Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MySQL, PL/SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Debugging Tools: xCode, ADB, TestFlight, Crashlytics, FireBug, Charle s Proxy, Fiddler, SDK
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. QA Engineer
- Designed, documented, and executed comprehensive Manual & Automated test suites to validate new/changed functionalities within various applications from various Project Artifacts
- Provided technical expertise and guidance in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs for system testing.
- Lead and developed testing approaches, Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts that meet system requirement and project milestone
- Used See Test for automated the mobile testing and run the scripts for multiple devices with by integrating fully with UFT/QTP including an Integrated Object Repository
- Design and build a test automation system with the goal of building a concrete regression test coverage using UFT (Unified Functional Testing) formerly known as QTP
- Focused heavily in creating test automation standards and policies using UFT Add ins and enhancements such as Parameterizations, Checkpoints, Descriptive Programming, Actions GetRoProperty, Regular Expression and Recovery Scenarios.
- Ability to understand technical and business requirements and translate them into test cases
- Experience using web and or mobile analytics tool such as Localytics and expert using cross-platform tool like Crashlytics for distributing beta versions of apps to iOS and Android
- Used over the air platform such as TestFlight App & Hockey App to deploy internal iOS and Android builds to team members. Also used metrics from TestFlight and Hockey App to determine automation test scenarios.
- To measure performance, memory leakage, energy usage & crash logs, i am expert using instrumental tools like xCode for iOS and ADB / DDMS for Android
- Monitored test progress and results in test management tools like TestLink, and a bug reporting tool like JIRA.
- Created HTTP Proxy using debugging tools like Charle's Proxy to validate HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between application and the server for web based and mobile applications.
- Tested and overcame challenges while testing in Scrum and Agile methodology, attended weekly/regular releases, maintained agile requirements and systems specifications
- Played a leadership role in leading, planning, scheduling and implementing testing for projects, defines test objectives, writes scripts (manual and automated).
Environment: HTML, JAVA, C, Blackberry, iOS, Android, SDK, XCode, DDMS, ADB, Hockey app, Test Flight, Charles, Fiddler, Putty, Firebug, Jira, Test Link, See Test, ALM, QTP & UFT
Confidential, Albany, NY
QA Test Engineer
- Led and performed Test Plan development, Test Case & Test Strategy development, Test Execution, Test results Analysis, and Defect Reporting.
- Collected and analyzed Automation test requirements, abstracted the requirements into a test architecture design that spanned multiple platforms.
- Written story narratives, functional & non-functional system requirements, and developed Test Plan and Test Scenarios for different modules.
- Developed Manual Test Cases and Test Scripts to test the functionality of the application using HP QuickTest Professional (QTP).
- Used Quality Center (QC) for requirements management, planning, scheduling, running tests, defect tracking and managing the defects.
- Responsible for overall testing execution & completion of Metrics & Analysis, as well as status read-outs to upper management
- Performed Functional, Regression, and Sanity Testing in each Confidential cycle for various e-commerce web-based transactions and business processes.
- Performed backend testing using SQL & PL/SQL queries on Oracle.
- Descriptive Programming, modularization, Recovery handling, Excel automation, file handling, Regular Expressions, and User-defined Functions and Checkpoints.
- Created detailed data gap analysis between as-is and to-be system.
Environment: Java, ASP .Net, SQL Server, MS Access, Web Application, Client Server, QTP, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, Windows, IE, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Maintained a strong grasp of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and the principles, theories, and methodologies of system and integration testing.
- Developed Test Cases, Test Execution Scenarios, and Test Plans for testing for complex and large systems and subsystems.
- Designed & built Test Suites that leveraged the testing process and test tool kit to create re-useable test assets.
- Worked with the development team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the QA automated testing environments
- Developed new customization in HP Quality Center projects as per user requirements
- Logged & reported defects in Quality Center and managed through to resolution by working with appropriate development and business resources
- Converted manual test cases in Quality Center (QC) to automated test scripts in QTP
- Analyzed test results to make sure requirements have been met & existing system requirements have not been broken
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) to create and develop automated tests for continuous Regression Testing, and various modules of Quality Center (QC) -Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Requirements
- Developed and maintained custom library, error handling, recovery scenarios, reporting methods and descriptive programming using VBScript in QTP
- Wrote SQL queries for data base backend testing, research and validation
Environment: Waterfall, Java, ASP, Oracle, Mercury, Test Director, HP QC, QTP.