- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall Model.
- Proficient in the field of Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Expertise in domain technologies like Health Care, Banking, Telecommunication and Insurance.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Estimation & Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Professional expertise in Smoke Testing, Backend Testing, Black - Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser/ Cross Platform Testing, UI Validation, Webservices, Boundary Value Testing.
- Experience in Release planning and Sprint planning.
- Expert in maintaining test status Dashboards in Test Management / Project management tools
- Expert in User Story walkthrough process Analysis, Query, Test case review
- Experience in designing and maintenance of Automation Framework - Selenium Web driver (TestNG), RFT.
- Experience in TestNG, Maven, Apache POI, Custom HTML Reports and driving test data through Excel file / HTML page.
- Expert in Automation feasibility study and POC’s.
- Exposure defect tracking tools- HP Quality Center/ALM (Application Lifecycle Management).
- Well versed with various testing stages/levels/phases, testing types, testing techniques and quality work products.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Experience with Automation using Selenium automation framework and WebDriver.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Hands on experience in testing the AngularJS based application using Protractor.
- Experience in the development of Data driven, Keyword driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks in Selenium.
- Good working experience on SOAP UI for testing and validating various web services used in the application.
- Experience working with REST API Automation frameworks based on Java, TestNG.
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java and Ruby for test case automation. Experience in implementing TDD and BDD.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center, BugZilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting software applications for business functions in major areas of the business and enterprise-wide.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
- Outstanding communicator with extensive experience in customer service as well as ability to identify, develop and enhance client relationships.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Visual Studios team Suits(VSTS),TFS, Appium, Robotium
Languages: JAVA, C#.Net, HTML, XML, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, CSS, DHTML, Angular JS, Node.JS
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer
Test Framework: TestNG, Data Driven Framework.
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), BugZilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
ContinuousIntegration Tools: Jenkins
Version Control : GIT
Data Bases: MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Cloud Platform: AWS(EC2,S3,VPC,ELB)
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8) Linux, Mac
Sr. Automation Engineer
Confidential, Lenexa, Ks
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Reviewed the Test Basis, designed and documented Test Strategies, Test Plan, Test Cases and executed test cases.
- Understanding Business and functional requirements, Creating Test Plans, Test strategy and Test cases for all functional requirements using HP Quality Center.
- Worked in documenting test scenarios, test cases, and executing the test cases during the execution phase.
- Used HP Quality Center for the test cases, test management, and defect logging and reporting.
- Tested Submitted Jobs in Batch and validated the data.
- Responsible for writing and maintain Selenium WebDriver scripts for regression and functional testing using data driven framework.
- Used Protractor which is and End-to-End Framework testing for AngularJS Web Applications.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Responsible for identifying test cases for manual and Automation with Selenium WebDriver for Smoke Test, Functional and Regression Tests.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for Angular.JS application using Protractor and Java.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Involved in testing the application utilizing the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Involved on testing and defined the test scenarios and created the test cases in Test Manager.
- Involved in designing of automation framework to be used in UI testing with Selenium.
- Execute browser compatibility and regression tests using Selenium WebDriver for testing UI for every new build release.
- Performed functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework and documented final results in a database.
- Developed java scripts to automate the test cases.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked Defects using Quality Center test management tool.
- Manually tested, verified and validated that the product meets user requirements.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Implemented a continuous deployment (CD) framework that automates the software delivery process from source code checking to deployment onto Application servers.
- Managing DevOps and Testing Automation using various technologies for ITO Testing Transformation including Service Virtualization using CA Dev/Test Tool for Automation and On Demand Runs in AWS Cloud.
- Performed End-to-End testing of database to check data integrity using SQL queries.
- Assisted QA lead in documenting User Acceptance Test report and reporting defect resolution.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Angular JS, Protractor, LoadRunner, Jenkins, Agile, SQL, Maven, AWS (EC2,S3, VPC, ELB), DHTML, SOAP UI, Rest API’s, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Quality Center, HTML, GitHub, Windows 7.
Sr QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in developing test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts and test steps based on Business and System Use Cases.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings and reviews.
- Performed Functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Wrote highly efficient and maintainable Java code to develop Page Objects using the Selenium Framework.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote TestNG test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout domain.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Developed test harness for WebServices automated testing by means of SOAP UI and ANT.
- Involved in testing SOA with RESTful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and SOAP UI.
- Performed functional testing of Web services testing using SOAP UI.
- Created Data Driven tests that randomized the test data for testing the AUT using Excel file.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool HP Quality Center and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Responsible for creating test plans for enhancements
- Played vital role in developing Traceability Matrix covering business requirement and Test Plans.
- Creating Test cases ensuring that the developed software performs as detailed by the business requirements.
- Responsible for performing Sanity tests on every new build release.
- Involved in UI, Functional Testing of application
- Used Selenium IDE and Firebug for identifying element locators.
- Involved in testing Facets for Group Information, Enrolling Subscribers, adding members, Related Entities, Class/Plan definition, Premium Rate Tables.
- Design, create and execute complex automated test scripts using Selenium Web Driver for functional application testing and Mobile testing tools like Appium, Robotium.
- Developed Selenium RC Scripts using java and Junit covering all requirements for enhancements.
- Implemented Modular framework for Selenium Scripts using Page library
- Developed ANT scripts to automate Build Process for running Regression Scripts
- Used Selenium Grid to run tests on multiple platforms in parallel.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, maintaining test cases.
- Performed Build Acceptance Testing (Smoke Test) for every build release to QA using Selenium Scripts.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, and Regression Testing on various builds and releases.
- Developed Modular Frame work using Selenium Scripts and Java by creating page Library
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validation
- Attached the bugs to the respective test cases and provided necessary Screenshots, Server logs and DDMS logs and QA logs to developers to debug the issues.
- Retested and closed the bugs after the bugs were fixed.
- Worked on Android in loading the builds on the respective devices.
- Performed field testing with various network coverage to determine the stability of application
- Monitored Wireless Data usage by the application on 3G, 4G LTE and on Wi-Fi..
- Experience working on wireless testing, like application testing, and Wireless test executives. involved in test case planning, test execution of Wi-Fi Products.
- Experienced in working with UFT(QTP),And See test for mobile automation testing.
- Responsible for creating test status reports during and after test execution process.
- Used TFS for bug tracking, issue tracking and Project management .
- Communicate with developers as needed to isolate root cause of defects.
- Created manual test cases using requirements document.
- Interacted with business analyst to discuss about the requirements.
- Performed Automated Regression Testing.
- Developed Traceability Matrix to ensure the requirement coverage.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing, Production Verification Testing.
- Prepared test status reports during test execution process.
- Tested the website Functionality in different browsers including various browsers.
Environment: Quality Center, Java Framework, and Version One, Windows 7, HP Load Runner, HP,ALM, Selenium IDE, Appium, Robotium, TFS, Coded UI, SQL Server.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducted smoke testing, Functionality testing, and Data migration testing.
- Capturing key business transactions to verify Key components of applications Such as response from verification.
- Developed and Designed Test Cases & Test Plan documents based on the Requirements Definition Document (RDD), System Requirements (SRS).
- Evaluated user requests for new or modified programs to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with the current system.
- Developed Test Cases & Test Scripts to the Web Application by using Quality Center.
- Analyzed and reviewed project elements involved in traceability including requirements, testing artifacts, end-user support documentation and training materials.
- Defect Tracking, Notifications and Reporting were performed using Quality Center.
- Performed extensive System Regression & Functionality Testing during the Development, Stabilization and Post-Production phases to the front end GUI /Web Applications.
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Performed POS Terminal Testing as part of the integrated testing effort.
- Regularly interacted with the Development Team, Operations Team and the Project Support Group for the smooth resolution of issues.
- Prepared manual scenarios using Controller for base line load test and Average load test Interpreted response times under different loads by graph analysis
- Experienced in execution of scripts using HP Quality Center
- Analyzed test results and identified Performance issues of software
- Designed Performance test scenarios using Load Runner, ran stress tests, analyzed the results and made appropriate recommendations to improves system performance
- Participated as the Onsite Coordinator for the offshore resources on the Macys and Macys Stores Merger-Consolidation Project. This role involved extensive daily assignment and management of testing tasks.
- Prioritized and classified bugs. Generated and tracked the defects using Quality Center.
- Responsible for analyzing the test results and reporting the same to QA Manager
Environment: Quick test pro 9.5/10.0, Quality Center 9.5,10.0, Agile, HTML, SQL, Business Object Reports, Visual SourceSafe.