- Over Six years of experience in SDLC and QALC includes Software Analysis, Quality Assurance and Control.
- Experienced in participating in all phases of the Software Testing like analyzing System Requirements, Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Case Design and Test execution.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, Rapid prototyping, Spiral model, Incremental model.
- Expertise in writing Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases from requirements and Use Cases.
- Excellent knowledge of identifying various test scenarios.
- Experienced in working with business analysts, development groups in analyzing business specifications and in working with other testers to resolve technical and end - user issues.
- Experienced in testing Data Migration and Integration with external applications.
- Good Knowledge in UAT Testing and GUI Testing.
- Experienced in creating Data sources for data driven testing.
- Proficient in Functionality testing, Black box testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, and System testing.
- Ability to use JIRA for Defect Tracking and Test Plan documentation.
- Experienced in developing Test plans, Test cases and Test scripts manually and using automation tools like HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Expert at conducting various phases like Test Design, Test Development, and Defect Tracking using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Excellent conceptual and working knowledge on testing in Oracle, SQL Server environments.
- Rich knowledge in Bug Tracking and Management in QTP/UFT.
- Strong knowledge in performing testing activities in QTP/UFT of Test execution.
- Experienced in functional, regression, compatibility, multi user, installation, acceptance testing, Test and reporting to higher management and client using QTP/UFT.
- Good judgment skills while reporting and prioritizing software bugs in conjunction with development team and QA managers.
- Experienced in building and executing Automated Tests for SOAP based services.
- An effective communicator and committed team player with strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
- Innate ability to work independently as well as part of a team as a highly dedicated professional.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows, Linux/Unix
SCRIPTING LANGUAGES: Java Script, VBScript, SQL, HTML, XML
DATABASE: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft Access
TESTING TOOLS: HP QTP, HP UFT, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA, Soap UI
TESTING ENVIRONMENT: C++, C#, CSS, .NET, SQL, XML, HTML, HTTP, DB2, VBScript, Java, C, J2EE, DHTML, Toad, PL/SQL
OTHER APPLICATIONS: MS Office Tools, MS Visio, MS Project
Confidential, Reston, VA
QA Automation Analyst
- Developed and managed QA Plan, QA Risk Plan, QA Configuration Management and Version Control Plan, QA Storage and Backup Plan.
- Worked for entire QA Life Cycle, which included Requirement Analysis, Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA process.
- Performed documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Procedures.
- Understood the functional requirements for projects and releases.
- Established proper Test Bed/Test Environment for optimized testing effort along with Test data preparation.
- Good knowledge in complex coding in Black Box Testing.
- Performed Smoke and Functional Testing on every build of the application.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Management in JIRA.
- Mapped system requirements with Test cases, ensured traceability of Test Cases back to the Business Requirements using HP ALM.
- Performed Manual Testing of Web-based and Client-server enterprise applications and used HP ALM for test management.
- Created test plan based on the requirements, created the test cases and uploaded in HP ALM.
- Generated different type of graphs, analyzed the results, created and published reports by using HP ALM.
- Scheduled the script execution, published results and reported defects as required in HP ALM.
- Involved with back-end testing of the SQL database and verified if the data displaying is correct.
- Used Unified Functional Testing (UFT) to automate function for the web application.
- Automated the functionality and interface testing of the application using Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Inserted Object Data Verification Checkpoints on Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automation testing tools.
- Used Unified Functional Testing (UFT) for Shared Object Repository creation and maintenance, used regular expression, re-usable actions, data table, checkpoints and recovery scenario.
- Imported data from the Database to the Data table and performed Data Driven testing with different Data sets for reports in Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Created Unified Functional Testing (UFT) advance automation scripts using Descriptive programming, Modular approach, Custom Functions, Logics, and Looping for Regression testing.
- Worked on Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Prepared weekly defect reports and weekly test metrics.
- Participated in design enhancement reviews and submitted reports on the progress of the testing effort.
- Responsible to understand and train others on the enhancements or new features developed.
Environment: SQL Server, Soap UI, JIRA, MS Visio, MS Excel, VB Script, MS Word, PowerPoint, Windows, UNIX, C#, UFT, HP ALM, Java, Java Script, .Net, C/C++, Oracle.
Confidential, LIC, NY
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each release.
- Reviewed Business Design Document and Technical Design Document.
- Involved in both Manual and Automated testing of the application.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Reviewed, ran all test cases and tracked defects in JIRA.
- Administered and configured HP ALM in Agile environment.
- Responsible for configuring HP ALM and executing automated scripts from HP ALM.
- Used HP ALM to generate Test Result report from Test Lab component of HP ALM.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform backend testing.
- Wrote UFT Script to validate backend data via SQL queries.
- Responsible for converting manual test cases into automated test scripts using UFT and VBScript and automated manual regression test cases.
- Responsible for writing custom functions using VBScript.
- Wrote UFT script to generate XML which was used to create input data for automation.
- Developed and maintained Shared Object Repository in UFT.
- Used UFT to record, execute and analyze various automated test scenarios.
- Developed custom functions, reusable actions, and optional steps using VBScript.
- Developed data driven functions using VBScript.
- Involved in Web services testing using a test tool SOAP UI.
- Involved in the Test Case walkthroughs and assessment meetings.
- Participated in preparation of weekly Status reports, Test closure Memo and Test Summary report.
- Interacted with customer and shared daily progress report.
- Involved in Triage meetings on the open defects.
Environment: JIRA, MS Visio, MS Excel, Windows, SQL server, HP ALM, UFT, SOAP UI, Java, Java Script, Oracle, C, C++, C#, MS Word, UNIX.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Analyzed business requirements & Design Specification Document to determine the functionality of the Processes.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implementing QA methodology.
- Responsible for preparing datasheets using Excel.
- Performed Data Driven Testing for multiple sets of data.
- Identified reusable scenarios for automation in Quality Center/ALM.
- Uploaded Test cases in Quality Center/ALM and mapped with Requirements.
- Wrote SQL queries to check proper data population in database.
- Performed Automated testing using QTP/UFT.
- Developed the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and executed them using QTP/UFT.
- Developed and wrote a suite of Test Scripts that included Functional and Regression Test cases using QTP/UFT.
- Executed the test scripts of QTP/UFT on different releases.
- Validated the actual results of QTP/UFT scripts against the expected results.
- Planned and worked flexibly to meet deadlines.
- Reviewed and ensured deliverables completed with quality and on time.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, C, C++, MS Word, MS Excel, Windows, UNIX, SQL, Java, J2EE, VBScript, VB.Net, HTML, XML, C#.