- 8 years of experience in software testing as a QA Engineer with skills in Mobile Application Functional Testing and Web Application Automation Testing.
- Well Versed with SDLC, Testing Life Cycle and Bug Life Cycle.
- Extensively proficient in Functional testing, Integration testing, Acceptance Testing, GUI testing, Retesting, Sanity testing, Regression testing on client/server as well as web - based applications.
- Good at understanding Software requirement specifications and preparing effective test cases as per the document specification.
- Responsible for writing the test cases and executing TESTSCRIPTS for Web based application in JAVA.
- Involvement in Preparation of Test Planning, Test Estimates, Test Procedures, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Having Working experience with Agile methodology (Scrum).
- Experience includes the development of test plans, the creation of an automated test capability for software products and mobile testing on IOS and Android platforms, consoles, and PCs.
- Implemented BDD framework for automation and made use of Gherkin language to write the test scripts.
- Experience Automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with Java and C#.
- Good in Handling Elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated Restful Web API using Java, Rest-Assured and TestNG.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium WebDriver in Data Driven Framework model.
- Writing test cases using locators with WebDriver methods along with TestNG annotations framework.
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and parallel test execution using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Hands on experience with TestNG annotations and Page Object Model.
- Used Selenium IDE and Selenium Webdriver for generating test scripts and to Automate Functional Testing using Selenium.
- Experience in using tools like JIRA and Team Foundation Server.
- Good understanding on Appium mobile testing with AWS execution.
- Self-motivated and quick learning capability of the latest and upcoming Technical transformations.
- Enthusiastic to learn new concepts in emerging technologies, Proactive, Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, C#
Automation Testing Tool: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, UFT
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA, HP QC, Rally
Databases: MySQL, SQL server, Excel
Tools Knowledge: ECLIPSE, Microsoft Office Suite 2015, Visual Studio 2015
QA Automation Test Engineer
- Testing of new features by creating test specifications, test cases, and working closely with development and business teams.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Integration Testing using Black Box Testing methodologies.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project's test conditions.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional.
- Test all the API services using Cucumber and generate reports using Jenkins.
- Implemented Test driven development (TDD/BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkin Language.
- Implemented Appium scripts to test IOS and Android platforms.
- Performed cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Worked with Agile team of software development engineers to improve quality throughout the software development lifecycle on Web App & Mobile (iOS & Android ) applications
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web-based applications.
- Executed scripts on multiple browsers simultaneously using Selenium Grid.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) by creating objects for each page.
- Automated internal Mobile application module using Appium and Web driver by setting the Emulator, simulator and tested on various browsers
- Tested REST and SOAP Services by using SOAP UI tools and Rest Clients and validated the responses against the database.
- Tested SOAP Web Services by understanding the WSDL, driving the parameters from property files and scripting using groovy scripting
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics& implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs using JIRA/Rally.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database to test Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the ETL Mapping Rules.
- Maintained QA/Test environments and assisted in build and deploy activities.
- Communicate testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Maven, Groovy, Appium, iOS, Android OS, Eclipse, XPATH, PL/SQL, HTML, SQL, Jenkins, UNIX, Rally.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Agile/ Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts, C# and Java.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the C# and Java
- Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Performed RESTFUL web services and APIs testing in SOAPUI Pro and validated responses with assertions.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Developed and executed scripts for mobile automation of Android and IOS app using Appium and Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Database/Backend testing using SQL Queries for data design, validation and integrity testing also established JDBC connection using java programming language.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/WebDriver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, TESTNG, HTML, Java Script, C# scripting, Java Scripting, VB Script, Perl, Ruby, Python, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL, Oracle. Web Driver.
- Generated test plans, work instruction and procedures from client requirements and industry standards.
- Providing daily feedback via reports, measurements and communication with Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word etc.). This includes the creation of report tickets via our JIRA system to alert anomalies in testing to the appropriate team.
- Identified and created test scripts and automation scripts as per the client requirements.
- Prepared test cases, plans, strategies and scripts for both positive and negative results and maintained in Test Management tools - HP ALM & Visual Studio
- Performed Sanity testing, Smoke Testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, UI testing.
- Interacted with developers regarding priority & severity of bugs and updated the status once they are fixed.
- Interacted with Business users and Technical team in providing clear solutions to requirements.
- Worked closely with other testers and developers to improve framework with bug fixes.
- Examined and evaluated testing fixtures and procedures for appropriateness in specific requirements
- Analyzing Business Requirements/Features and preparing the Test conditions in HP Quality Center.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Followed QA testing automation setup to set up Selenium WebDriver to run automated test scripts.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Test Restful API using Postman.
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Java, TestNG & Maven.
- Ported existing QTP automation scripts into TestNG and Selenium test cases.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Used Browser Developer Tools and Firebug extension to identify the Objects id, Name, XPath in the application.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug, Developer Tools and firepath to identify web elements.
- Hands on experience in iOS, Android, Windows mobile App and mobile website testing for responsive design.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java programming features, TestNG Annotations and Behavior driven development (BDD) framework
- Execution of Selenium Test cases and Reporting defects
- Conducting Data Driven Testing, cross browser testing and parallel test execution.
- Enhancing the test scripts for Global execution
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium
- Involved in Compatibility Testing
- Involved Peer reviews
Environment: Windows 7/2012 Server, MSSQL 2012/2014, Microsoft Word/Excel 2003, Quality Center, Browsers (IE 9, 10, Edge; Chrome 35+; Firefox 35+ versions, Safari for Mac), Selenium Web Driver TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid.
Java- Selenium Automation Engineer
Confidential - Phoenix, AZ
- Designed, executed, and maintained test scripts using selenium web driver for regression testing.
- Selected the test cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front-end applications using selenium (IDE and Java Web Driver) and created Data Driven framework using JUnit.
- Involved in coding and design phases.
- Interacted with developer team.
- Used Apache POI to read data from excel files.
- Involved in testing alerts and pop-ups using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created POM to store the project data and configured their details using maven to build the project.
- Worked on a scrum agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Analyzed test specifications and written manual test cases for black box testing.
- Used quality center as a repository to record all project testing efforts and to keep track of the defects.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts per enhanced requirements using selenium web driver.
- Integration of automation batch run job with Jenkins. Worked with Jenkins Continuous Integration tool and Build Tool Ant.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and executed the daily regression test suites.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create and execute automated functional, regression.
- Automation of test cases using Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Page object Model (POM).
- Used firebug/fire path Add-on tools to identify the object's id, name, Fire Path, link in the application.
- Performed the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Run defect tracking and reviewed the test Scenarios/test Cases with business.
- Used HP ALM to manage projects.
Environment: Selenium web driver, manual testing, Mozilla Firefox, Java, JDK, Firebug, Cucumber, SOAP, Fire path, Selenium IDE, POM, Agile, SQL server, SQL, HTML, Java Script, CSS, XML, Jenkins, Maven, HP ALM.
Selenium Java Tester
- Analyzing the business application and its requirements. Perform requirements ambiguity testing.
- Identification of high level scenarios.
- Developed Business and Generic Key words as per the Requirement, specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Test Script execution on Selenium WebDriver.
- Requested different versions of iOS, Android and Blackberry mobile devices.
- Reviewing the Test Reports using TestNG.
- Wrote test case scripts using Selenium WebDriver for functional testing and regression testing.
- Updating Framework functions when needed
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts
- Performed Functional and Compatibility Testing on different browsers like Chrome, Firefox and IE.
- Review of system test cases, regression test cases and sanity test cases as per Testing Requirements and upload them to test management tool as per client specification
- Identification of critical test cases for code hand off
- Participated defect triage meetings with both business and development team.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Firebug, FirePath, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, SQL.
Manual Testing Engineer
- Performed manual testing for checking the functionality and executed the test cases in Quality Center.
- Analyzed the requirement specifications and prepared test cases for the requirements.
- Manually tested every functionality of the application and written test cases.
- Identified bugs and validated them with no issues.
- Performed unit testing, functionality testing, and regression testing. Prepared the reports for submitting weekly or monthly status to the manager.
- Worked on Waterfall methodology.
- Performed backend testing by writing SQL queries for different set of input parameters to ensure the data integrity.
- Used QC for tracking the errors and reporting the bugs.
- Reported and assigned the defects to the developer through QC.