- 6+ years of experience as a Software Testing Engineer in Quality Assurance or Software Assurance.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plan, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test reports and Test data from analyzing the requirements.
- Expertise in analyzing Business Requirements, developing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and executing them.
- Experienced in setting up the test environment from scratch and have worked with testing methodologies like V - model, Waterfall model.
- Expertise in Quality Assurance and Software Development Life Cycle using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Hands on experience in performing Functional, Positive, Negative, Usability, Regression, Integration, System, Black Box, Grey box, End-to-end and User Acceptance Testing.
- Expertise in using JIRA to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attend Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Experienced in preparation of Test plans and Test Cases using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Experienced in using HP Quality Center/ALM to log defects and generate defect reports and graphs.
- Expertise in working with business analysts, developers, and content department to resolve issues using HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Experienced in testing Database like SQL Server and Oracle.
- Expertise in creating QTP/UFT advance automation scripts using Descriptive programming, Modular approach, Custom Functions, Logics, and Looping for Regression testing .
- Expertise in working with various functional and regression test using QTP/UFT.
- Expertise in designing and generating Reusable Test Scripts using QTP/UFT and designing the Reusable Action for each scree n of the Application .
- Experienced in conducting Data-Driven Testing (DDT) with multiple of test data and verified the functionality for completeness and correctness using QTP/UFT.
- Expertise in performing xml data validation using assertion method in SOAP-UI.
- Experienced in conducting regular status meetings with the team to discuss on work assignments, task evaluation, and address any open issues and concerns.
- Highly experienced in working in windows, UNIX/LINUX.
- Hard working and result oriented with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, HP UFT, JIRA, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, SOAP UI
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2.
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux.
Confidential, McLean, VA
QA Automation Analyst
- Involved in identifying Test cases based on the requirements; participated in implementation of Test Cases, and Test Script according to the Business Requirements, System Requirements.
- Involved in writing and implementation of complex Test plans, Design, Development and Execution of Test scripts for system and functional projects.
- Involved in working with setting up the test environment from scratch and have worked with testing methodologies like V-model, Water model.
- Extensively worked in System testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT testing, Functionality testing, and Regression testing and also involved in Black box testing, Negative testing, and Compatibility testing.
- Performed in creating and executing very large and complex End-to-End Test Scripts across different application interfaces both Automated and Manual .
- Worked directly with Business users performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Extensively worked throughout the defect life cycle from opening to closure using JIRA.
- Identified the test requirements based on user requirements and design specifications using HP ALM.
- Used HP ALM for defect tracking, reporting reviewing and analyzing test result .
- Detected defects, communicated to the developers using bug reporting tool and tracking the defects using HP ALM.
- Involved in the Database Testing using SQL Queries of the application like checking all the tables in the database and checking whether the data is moving in their respective tables.
- Experienced in developing VB scripts in UFT to perform functional, regression, system and end to end testing.
- Used the Descriptive Programming approach for developing test scripts using UFT.
- Created scenario based scripts and screen based Script using UFT and involved in Regression and System testing of the application using UFT.
- Converted manual test cases to UFT scripts and UFT test scripts into business components.
- Involved in testing Web Services and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL with URL and created test cases, run them, did load testing, security testing.
- Well versed in UNIX and windows operating systems.
- Involved in performing tasks independently with little supervisor and participated in review meeting to discuss defects along with developers and internal presentations & in knowledge sharing sessions.
Environment: HP ALM, UFT, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, HTML, XML,SQL, SOAP UI, JIRA, Windows, MS Office Tools, .NET, Java, Java Script, VBScript, J2EE, C/C++, C#, LINUX/UNIX.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
QA Automation Tester
- Extensively worked in reviewing of all kind of testability docs like requirement specification, functional documentation, and conversion of the requirements document into detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts.
- Involved in creating Test plans, Test cases for new Implementation based on the business requirements and also involved in preparation & execution of Test plan, Test Conditions and Test Cases manually.
- Performed in different types of testing methodologies such as water model, V- model.
- Involved in performing Black Box, Grey box, End-to-end, User Acceptance Testing, Functional, Positive, Negative, Usability, Regression, Integration and System Testing.
- Responsible for Analysis and Defect Tracking using JIRA .
- Worked as a HP ALM supporter to ensure efficient services to the team and the client.
- Used HP ALM for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting.
- Performed through Database functionality tests and verified the Business Logic Implementation by constructing and executing several SQL statements.
- Wrote structure code using VB Script in UFT to enhance the power of automated scripts to handle logical test cases.
- Used UFT to perform data driven testing and to parameterize data and involved in performing regression testing using UFT.
- Used Customized Framework for Action Level and Script Level standardization in UFT.
- Involved in creating, maintaining and executing Functional Test Scripts using HP UFT functional test tool.
- Involved in creating, consuming and testing a web services using SOAP UI .
- Worked directly with Business users performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Prepared the status reports and conducted daily conference/status meetings.
Environment: Windows, UNIX, C/C++,C#, Java, J2EE, SQL Server, Oracle, HP ALM, UFT, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, PowerPoint, CSS.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in writing Test plan, Test cases, and Test scripts after business rationale.
- Involved in Working with Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development models.
- Performed Manual Testing , Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Negative and Positive Testing.
- Involved in Manual Testing of the application for Negative and Positive scenarios.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing and act as a UAT coordinator and helped UAT tester to set up the Test environment, Test Data with User Ids in to UAT environment.
- Analyzed the requirement specifications and development of Test Cases using HPALM/Quality Center; conducted review of executed Test Scripts to ensure Quality Standards.
- Worked with software testing methodologies including developing Test plans, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Worked with various functional and regression test using QTP/UFT.
- Worked in team oriented environment to ensure best results for overall product success.
- Involved in developing weekly status reports for the project team.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, Java, J2EE, Java Script, MS Office Tools, VB Script, Oracle, Windows, LINUX/UNIX, C/C++.