- Senior QA Engineer with 7+ years of experience in Manual and Automation testing with expertise in Planning, Analysis, Design and Maintenance of Manual and Automation tests for Client Server and Web - Based applications including webservices. Worked on various domains like Healthcare, Finance and Banking.
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall (Predictive) approach and Agile (Adaptive) approach ‘Scrum’. Exceptional understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for scaling Agile across enterprise.
- Expertise in Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and its implementation in Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (Scrum) by analyzing requirement specifications, developing test objective, strategies, scope, test procedures and test matrix.
- Actively participated in Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Grooming , Sprint Planning , Daily Stand-Ups, Review and Retrospective .
- Worked on varied types of testing like Functional and Non-functional testing which includes Smoke/Sanity testing, Unit testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, API testing, Database testing, Performance testing, Compatibility testing, Ad-hoc testing and UAT.
- Developed and executed test scripts using Java programming language with Selenium WebDriver interface.
- Integrated Selenium with TestNG framework for cross browser testing, groups and annotations.
- Experienced in Java-OOPS concepts like Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance and Polymorphism required for Selenium frameworks.
- Generated reports using ItestListener and IReporters.
- Strong knowledge on Selenium Components like Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium GRID.
- Developed and maintained different types of frameworks like Data driven, Hybrid driven and Page Object Model (POM).
- Executed Apache POI jar files to fetch the data from Excel files as well as JDBC API for accessing the database and executed data driven testing by JDBC connections.
- Developed Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Acceptance-Test Driven Development (ATDD).
- Extensively used SQL Server while performing backend database testing.
- Experience in maintaining Java and Selenium test source code and resources in version control tools such as GitHub.
- Ability to manage complete defect life cycle from discovering defects, finding its root cause and ensuring that client expectations are met with high quality software solution using Rally, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Used Maven for building WebDriver projects and performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins.
- Proficient and skilled in Mobile testing using Perfecto Mobile.
- Adept in Team Management , Problem Resolution , Conflict Management , People Management and Interpersonal Skills.
Approach: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile (Scrum)
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, QTP, Appium, JMeter,Postman
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Frameworks: Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), TestNG
Programming Languages: JAVA, SQL, C, C++, Python
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
Browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari etc.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, iOS
Defect/Agile Tools: JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Utilities: Eclipse, MS Visual Studio
Version Control tools: GitHub, SVN
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Senior QA Engineer
- Experienced in Agile methodology in all phases of SDLC and STLC development process as well as assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective and Daily scrum meetings.
- Used Data Driven Framework with Page Object Model as a design pattern and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing, Ad-hoc and Smoke Testing. Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data for the Health care portal.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven and used Maven to perform build from Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Coordinated the testing effort towards End-to-End testing to verify the proper functioning.
- Developed test scripts to Performed Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing and Back End testing of an application.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for data driven testing.
- Found Defects, prepared Defect reports and performed Status reporting, Bug Triage, Defect tracking using Jira and Worked with developers to communicate regarding issues in the application.
- Took application screenshots and copied image whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Tested web-based application on different operating systems such as Windows, Vista and different browsers such as IE, chrome, Firefox.
- Used web debugging tools such as firebug, Firepath and XPath to locator elements.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes for Data validation and Database integrity.
- Usability testing of the application and workflow involving multiple functional modules.
- Used Postman to conduct Web Services Testing.
Environment: Agile, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins, XML, Jira, Microsoft Office, Eclipse, Maven, TestNG, SQL, Web Services.
Confidential, Cleveland, Ohio
Senior QA Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Scenario, Test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements.
- Attended Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning Meetings.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Maintained Test Matrix & Project Matrix using excel sheet to keep track of Project's schedule and status
- Developed automation scripts for automating Functional and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Test NG, Java, Maven, Log4j.
- Worked on Hybrid framework based on Page Object Model, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver to reduce code and better maintenance.
- Configured Maven, Log4j, Test NG configuration files.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Implemented Selenium Synchronization for conditional and unconditional waits using Implicit waits and Explicit waits.
- Involved in automating the Popups using the Alert Interface.
- Performed testing on Mobile Web application using Selenium WebDriver and Appium.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Used Maven Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Used Cucumber for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) by creating the Feature and Step Definition to execute test scripts.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test Web services using SOAP services and REST API.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in Jira to track until they are resolved.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Reported on tasks that positively and negatively affected the latest mobile app release, leading to improvements in how the QA, development, and product teams approached assigning and completing tasks for future releases using Appium.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins,JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, Maven, TestNG, Agile, Log4j, SQL, Web Services etc.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
- Developed the test plan and test cases for the positive and negative scenarios keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations and Equivalence Class partitioning upon solid analysis of the user stories.
- Wrote and executed test scenarios, test cases and test scripts for both web and mobile applications using JAVA, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG with a good analysis of the element locators and web driver methods.
- Extensively involved in the development of Data Driven Framework design on TestNG platform and used Apache POI to read data from external sources.
- Worked with utilities like Firebug and Firepath for the identification of web elements using locators such as id, name, Xpath, CSS Selectors, Link Text, Partial Link Text and Tags.
- Performed cross-browser testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Accomplished Smoke, Functional, Regression, Positive and Negative testing for each build of the applications with other programs and operating system.
- Analyzed software failures and reported bugs on JIRA which has been used as the defect tracking and project management tool.
- Involved in developing BDD features, scenarios and step definitions using Cucumber and Gherkin using Junit and automated them using Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Maven for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds.
- Involved in the use of Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features.
- Prepared project metrics and summary reports, defect tracking reports to report the entire status to the product owners and the stakeholders serving as a point of contact.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, JIRA, Jenkins, MAVEN, SVN, Apache-POI, Cucumber, Gherkin, Oracle DB, Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, SOAPUI, XML, HTML, SVN.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and functional specifications, Design documents
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Used JIRA for bug reporting, bug tracking and identifying test cases and document them.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively worked with SQL in Oracle database.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Involved SoapUI for Web Service testing.
- Tested and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
Environment: Windows XP, Manual Testing, MS-Excel, JIRA, SQL, Waterfall
Jr. Test Engineer
- Designed the efficient manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirements, Functional Specs, technical design documents, Use Cases and all supporting documents.
- Understood the business requirements and develop test cases to test the complete functionality of the application.
- Executed Test cases and analyze the test results.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions are covered in the Test Cases.
- Controlled logging and tracking of defects; analyzed and maintained comprehensive defects reports using HP Quality Centre.
- Created automation test scripts to test all end-to-end components -- Legacy, Web and upgrade.
- Involved in Unit Testing, handled issues in System testing and UAT.
- Co-ordinated with onsite teams about various document clarifications and discussions about functionality.
Environment: Waterfall approach, HP Quality Center, SQL Server, HTML, Manual Testing, SQL Developer, Windows, MS Excel.