- Seasoned Software Test Engineer/QA/SDET with over 6 years of experience in analyzing, reviewing and understanding Business/Functional requirements and skilled in writing Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Cases, create Automation frameworks for UI and Functional testing, web services API testing and conducting data analysis by SQL validation.
- Hands - on experience in the setup of open source tools, use Selenium Web Driver with JUnit and TestNG frameworks, configure build and deploy tools like Ant, Maven and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Testing.
- Over 6 years of diverse experience as Quality Assurance Analyst - Test lead and contributing to Software Development Lifecycle in Testing, Defect Management, AGILE Solution Delivery and accountable for SQA strategy.
- Experienced in Black Box testing, White Box testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, End-to-End testing, User Acceptance Testing and planning release work items with Sanity checks.
- Expert in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Jira Dashboard reports, Defect and Test Summary reports.
- Possess strong skills in performing Functionality Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Systems Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Data Migration, Data validation, End-to-End testing of Web and Client/Server applications.
- Proficient in Test Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Quality Center and HP ALM for Test Management, JIRA for tracking, SOAP UI for web services testing, used SQL tools for database testing, written Java code to create test scripts using JUnit and TestNG frameworks and used Cucumber for BTDD for application behavior.
- Experienced in using Selenium Web Driver for test automation, create test automation frameworks like Hybrid, Data driven and Page Object Model (POM) and manage Functional and Regression tests for iterative testing.
- Experienced in Backend Testing using SQL, possess strong experience in testing backend systems with Oracle and SQL Server databases for data integrity, proficient in writing simple to complex SQL queries using TOAD, SQL Developer.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and lead teams especially in design, development, testing and deployments of projects in Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Proficient in conducting web services and API testing of SOAP and Restful APIs, create test suites in SOAPUI, manage test cases for functional, security and load tests, setup data properties for parameterization and validate response data.
- Expert in using JMeter for load testing, create Test Suite, setup Thread Group, setup Loop count and User ramps, configure request elements, resource paths, add assertions, Thread Timers and Listener for Graph results.
- Proficient in the development of Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases for Manual and Automated testing and have Data Mining experience, write simple to complex queries in SQL for data validation and data integrity testing.
- Experienced in conducting manual and automated testing with hands on experience using testing tools such as Quality Center, Application Lifecycle Management - ALM.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal, can lead QA teams by experience, skillset and be the SME.
Testing Tools : Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, JMeter, SOAPUI, HP ALM, Office365, Notepad++, Postman, Fiddler, CucumberDevelopment
Methodologies : Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, SDLC, STLC
Programming/Technologies : Java, SQL, HTML, HTTP, XML, JSON, Gherkin
Defect Management : JIRA, HP Quality Center, HP ALM and Rally
Continuous Integration : Maven, Jenkins, U-Deploy, Git, Microsoft TFS
Databases : SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Studied analyzed and reported IT Disaster Recovery and Planning Operations, current System of Records and reviewed Epics and User Stories for each functionality.
- Evaluated DR process, reviewed requirements, tracked and resolved application defects, and helped to create and manage User Stories in Jira project for QA, published JIRA Dashboard reports to team for status reporting in QA tasks.
- Performed requirements review for Consumer Distribution Financial application that consolidates Barclay’s bulk data for Data Migration and documented Test Scenarios for effective data validation and post-migration validation.
- Participated in technical review meetings to understand XML mapping and XSD clarifications, reviewed XSD schema changes and data definitions for services testing, worked with technical architects to understand and conduct API testing.
- Used SOAP UI for API testing, created HTTP Tests and validated response data in XML, added assertions, conducted basic load tests and built functional test suites for WSDL definitions and service operations as defined by requirements.
- Developed manual tests to support Confidential ’ business initiatives as part of an agile software development team and scoped for planned release and software implementation.
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Functionality testing, Integration testing, Regression testing during various phases, involved in patch and upgrade testing and coordinated with development teams for Issues resolution.
- Worked with Agile team and determined if requirements are clear, concise, testable and meet customer expectations by participating in grooming sessions and reviewing user stories.
- Used JIRA for QA task management, task allocation to resources, updated and resolved Issues, added filters to create custome’d reports and created Dashboard reports in Jira.
- Provided accurate estimates for test design and execution work; participated in grooming sessions for story sizing.
- Identified, analyzed, and troubleshoot problems in backend system, proficient in SQL and wrote simple to complex SQL queries in SQL Developer to connect to databases and resolved issues batch jobs, data migration and performed data integrity testing in Confidential ’ integrated environment.
- Used SQL for elaborate testing, performed data analysis by analyzing XSD mapping, understanding XSLT and targeting request/response data from data mining process.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT) User Acceptance Testing, and End to End Testing and user story validation and database validation.
- Used SOAP UI to document test suites and test cases for RESTful web services and API store testing, involved in testing the service request and response by manual evaluation and adding assertions.
- Worked with business partners and UAT team and coordinated end-to-end test efforts, installed and implemented new IT Disaster Recovery of Vertica environment, troubleshoot errors in installation and tested data migration in Vertica.
- Performed system integration testing, created test data for membership enrollment and processed business cases to Vertica and used micro services to search and process data services for consumers in DR environment.
- Worked with development team and tested newly built APIs for improved web service capabilities, used SOAP UI for testing the service end-points, created regression suite and data-driven test suites with assertions and XML validation.
- Reported to Scrum team on dependencies, worked with Agile Delivery team resolve defects, managed defects and defect lifecycle in HP ALM, sent defect reports and manual functional test execution reports using Analysis modules in ALM
Environment: Rational ClearQuest, Agile, Vertica, TOAD, SQL, Integration testing, web services API, SOAP UI, Selenium Web Driver, Oracle10g, Windows, Android, iOS, Cross-Browser testing, Office365
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospectives and Scrum Meetings to contributed to Value addition for UI development and services improvements in Principal RolloverPlus and Retirement savings applications.
- Reviewed technical requirements for scoring tool, coordinated with technical review board to gain knowledge on Retirement Service functionality, Enrollment Service functionality and Goals Service functionality.
- Coordinated with enterprise QA team, documented manual Test Plans, Test Cases and used HP ALM for Test Management, managed test suites for Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and created end-to-end test scenarios for UAT.
- Conducted web services API testing using SOAPUI, reviewed technical documents for microservices, created Test Suite with Test Plans for each web service component and verified service operations like GET, PUT, POST and DELETE.
- Used SOAPUI and designed an automated framework for API testing, created a master services test suite, added assertions for data validation, configured data properties for Data-Driven testing and validated service response.
- Created user scenarios for Retirement plans, Goal settings, created manual test cases and used Principal RolloverPlus UI for UI and Functional testing for rollover accounts, transfer savings account into retirement plan and manage accounts.
- Performed end-to-end testing and supported UAT testing using Principal RolloverPlus UI, managed account setup and enrollment, annual check-ins and open IRA account with Principal RolloverPlus.
- Used Jira for project management and reporting, created and updated user stories, assigned tasks to QA and managed daily task update in Jira, provided story point estimates to Scrum team at backlog grooming sessions.
- Coordinated with development team, identified tools and open source technologies and installed Apache tools to create an end-to-end Test Automation framework for the UI enhancements project.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results in Test Results Viewer and configured email notification for test results.
- Performed SQL queries for data mining, used SQL JOINS to aggregate data from multiple tables, performed database testing, data conversion testing, created and managed test data, reported issues on daily basis to development teams.
- Worked with business teams to understand product delivery and contributed information to Release Management, reported to senior management on weekly basis on migration status.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format and provided a proof-of-concept to project teams.
- Used internal code repository and managed test code from local repository, connected to Jenkins for CI/CD and built a Maven project in Eclipse IDE to execute automated test runs at development code delivery to QA.
- Performed code deployments to QA and non-production environments using U-Deploy and resolved issues.
- Used Jira for reports, used Analysis module in HP ALM to execute Test Plan reports, Defect reports, Test Execution Summary reports and created a comprehensive Traceability Matrix to support UI enhancements.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis, Technical reviews and Design review meetings.
Environment: Principal RolloverPlus, Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, SOAPUI, HTML, XML, Jira, Office365, Eclipse IDE, Maven, TestNG, Agile, Oracle.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Software Test Engineer
- Understood business requirements for disclosures and deferred compensation plans, enrollment, eligibility requirements, calculators and scoring impact for application, web services enhancements in Payments IT, Commercial IT and Consumer IT areas.
- Responsible for application testing of Confidential web services API platform testing of Planning Portfolio and Guidance, Analytics reporting for cash flow optimization, rewards optimization, score, Data integration into Axis.
- Performed functional testing, Acceptance testing and UI testing of application modules after web-services confirmation, performed data validation and data migration testing of Consumer IT users from legacy system.
- Worked with Integration Analyst, Technical BA for architectural diagram, understand XSD for XML data validation, review requirements for Enrollment and Identity Services and used SOAP UI to test web services APIs.
- Worked with analyst for technical specs on Confidential API store, web services data for XML validation and tested functionality of Card Issue service, Loan service, Payment service, Rewards API, Credit offers API, Accounts Service etc.
- Coordinated with offshore team and trained QA resources on ACH debit/credit transactions, created data sets to test getAccounts, getTransactionsonDate, getTransactionsbyMonth, getTransactionsbyAmount, getParticipant, etc.
- Tested RESTful web services with CRUD operations, used SOAP UI to test request/response and ensured data in XML is matching to user profile on the enhanced platform, added assertions and data validation to SOAP UI tests.
- Used SOAPUI to test request/response of the web service functionality, also verified using assertions and data properties.
- Used Atlassian JIRA for User Story management, wrote Sub-tasks for QA work items, wrote test cases for test scenarios based on Acceptance Criteria as defined in JIRA.
- Designed, Created and maintained a suite of functional test plans and test cases, worked on Selenium Web Driver, TestNG test automation page object framework and supported UAT team in Sanity testing and re-test fixed defects.
- Created BTDD framework using Cucumber and Gherkin, created feature file, step definitions to test business scenarios, used Java to write methods and validate each step in the feature file in Eclipse IDE configured environment.
- Created Maven project in Eclipse IDE, configured test setup parameters in POM.xml file, added project dependencies, configured Jenkins with Maven and automated end-to-end functional Tests and Regression tests.
- Created automation test suites for Regression and Functional testing separately by using TestNG XML configuration.
- Logged Defects in HP-ALM whenever any testing scenarios are not met according to the expected results, participated in defect triage meetings with enterprise QA team, business analysts and updated on defect status daily.
- Performed integration testing and User Acceptance testing (UAT) on Payments IT modules where participants can log, monitor, manage and optimize payments, rewards transactions, and consumer driven transactions.
- Worked with Business teams in defining business Use Cases, test plans for business scenarios and conducted Acceptance testing, recorded defects from business priority in HP ALM and worked on defect resolution.
- Performed regression testing, executed targeted regression test suite from Web Services API platform to ensure all scenarios are tested, passed and a mitigation plan was documented for failed scenarios.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Positive and Negative testing and Regression testing and reported test status to Scrum team and Senior management.
- Responsible for code migration to UAT, create use cases and business workflows for data integration across Axis, used HP Quality Center to report defect status and resolution and reported to Release Management on status.
- Worked with Scrum team, identified and documented Epics, User Stories, conducted backlog grooming sessions for story estimates and sizing, responsible for Story walkthrough and Storyboard presentation to team.
Environment: Office365, Oracle 10g, HP ALM, SOAP UI, Java, Java API, SQL, SQL Server 2012, SQL Developer, XML, SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, TestNG, Jenkins - CI, UAT, Cucumber, Gherkin, Step Definition.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specifications and developed Test Plans and Test Strategy for Common Membership-IRCS application to high quality functionality.
- Worked with Confidential Enterprise Testing team to document system test cases for IRCS application, user workflow scenarios and document test plans in Quality Center.
- Performed Claims testing for Medicare and Medicaid claims, EDI 834/820 for Benefits and Enrollment data.
- Performed functionality testing Common Membership-IRCS application and enhancements to ancillary systems: PIMS-Pharmacy Information Management System, PBM- Pharmacy Benefit Management, MHC, MedImpact and NMF- National Medicare. Performed HL7 testing from MQ-interface broker (I/B) to MHC and Epic.
- Performed functional testing patient accumulators, encounters from Kaiser-HealthConnect to Managed Health Care system and claims process from CM-data manager to Managed Health Care systems.
- Performed functional testing of LIS- Low Income Subsidy and LEP-Late Enrollment Penalty functionality and processed Healthcare Claims back and forth from Pharmacy Benefit Manager to PIMS system to check if the patient has been charged correctly for his Rx- Drug benefits and validated test data using SQL and data integrity in DB2 instance.
- Managed documentation and reference materials used in clinical data integration and interpretation.
- Defect Management: Used Quality Center for defect tracking, logging, bug-fixing and analysis reports.
Environment: KP applications, PIMS, PBM, IRCS, MedImpact, MMA, Quality Center, Excel, Mainframe, CICS, DB2.