- Over 12+ years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC); Developing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases and Web Applications . Diversified experience in manual testing and Business Analysis methodologies, serving various domains such as healthcare, telecommunication, Banking and retails industries.
- Experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall, V - model and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrix.
- Experience with Cross- Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Experience in Selenium Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE.
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases. Developed components for each transaction used in the test script or scenario
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Having strong experience in, Feature testing, Functional testing, System testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, Regression Testing, Performance testing, Load testing and stress testing in Web Applications .
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (xpath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Experience in Handset Testing, writing Test plans, defining Test cases for various module screens of the application, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing results and reporting defects.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing, Web / UI and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in Bug Tracking and Reporting using HP Quality Center and Clear Quest , JIRA.
- Proficient working with CQ5(AEM)
- Experience in creating opportunities in Sales force (SFDC) and testing Quote to Asset cycle which involves Quote, order Management, Fulfillment and Asset management for different telecommunication services in Siebel CRM and tracking the order status till completion in various integrated applications
- Experience in mentoring entry level and junior level resources with professional trainings and knowledge transfer sessions to guide them towards understanding the product architecture, functional and technical requirements.
- Good Team Player and leadership skills.
- Excellent professional Written and verbal communication skills
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, SoapUI, QC, QTP, Clear Quest.
Programming Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java, XML, HTML
Frameworks: Data Driven, Selenium, Page Object Model (POM)
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, Css Selector.
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8, UNIX, LINUX, MAC OS, Android, iOS.
Defect/Test management Tools: HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, JIRA.
MS Office Tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Access
Data base Tool: TOAD 4.5/SQL Developer
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr QA Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration Data Requirements, Legacy Data Requirements, and Access Permissions Requirements.
- Participated in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management and users.
- Manipulated database for testing using SQL Server 2000.
- Involved in UAT testing, SIT Testing, Regression Testing and Functional testing.
- Tested Applications compatibility on different browser versions (IE, Firefox).
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Participated in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management and users.
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against Oracle Database.
- Prepared meeting notes on daily execution/highlight of the project and send out the reports to managements.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Involved in scope creation, script creation, configuration, execution, analysis, resolution.
- Performed Cross browser testing for multiple browsers, Microsoft Explorer on different platforms (Windows & UNIX).
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Actively participated in all QA and testing activities during UAT and PROD SDLC.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
Sr QA Analyst
- As a QA lead in the project was responsible to guide the team members in setting up the whole testing scenario and help the junior testing resources in getting started with the testing process.
- Work with Business analysis team to prepare detailed Business Requirement documents.
- Involve in writing & implementation of the test plan, review of test cases & test scripts drafted by the team members.
- Lead tasks related to Functionality, Stress, Security, and GUI & Regression testing of web-based applications.
- Assisted team in understanding the services provided by Confidential communication (Internet, VOIP and TV)
- Wrote SQL, PL/SQL Testing scripts for Backend Testing.
- Work with Production environment to resolve any data issues.
- Involve in analyzing scope of testing the application.
- Follow the Test Strategy created to test each and every requirement.
- Verify the test data created for interpreting positive/negative results during functional testing.
- Clearly communicated and documented test results and defect resolution during all phases of testing.
- Participated in Quality audits to check quality of all testing artifacts.
- Focused on Data Quality issues / problems that include completeness, conformity, consistency, accuracy, duplicates and integrity.
- Review all the drafted test cases by understanding the business requirements, Data Mapping documents and technical specifications.
- Develop and documented detailed functionality of the applications used to order products by the customer with detailed screenshots and description.
- Involved in automating the test cases reused for data creation.
- Prepare documentation of all the tasks performed and prepare ad-hoc test reports.
- Work closely with the development teams to replicate end user issues.
- Attend daily status calls to address latest issues and update the team with the deliverable status.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, HTML, XML, MS Office, Windows 8, TOAD. Oracle, SQL, PLSQL.
Sr. AEM(CQ5) QA Engineer (Scrum team).
- Understanding and analyzing the requirements of user stories implemented to build sites on CQ5
- Preparing Test plan, Test strategy and test metrics
- Attending sprint pre-planning and planning meetings.
- Designing test cases for new features based on user stories OR use cases provided by product management.
- Automating test cases using Selenium Web driver.
- Performing cross browser testing to verify browser compatibility.
- Reviewing the Test Cases and approving the same
- Attending Development handovers for each story.
- Organizing test cases and creating test suites using JIRA.
- In Depth GUI testing: testing links, tabs, Auto suggest, in line editing.
- Functional Testing: port let creation, Dash board creations with Chart, Grid and filter.
- Retesting the Defects raised during each sprint and following up with the development until closure
- Automating test cases for new features. Functional test cases are automated using Test NG and user interface test cases are automated using Selenium.
- Triaging and fixing failed automated test scripts.
- Sanity Testing of the product in the last sprint
- Daily stand ups to collect the status and coordinating the scrum team.
- Preparing status reports and End of Sprint demos to show case the work done in that sprint to the Stake holders (Product management, Customers, Clients)
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JIRA, HTML, XML, MS office, Windows, 8, TOAD. Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, CQ5 (AEM), Selenium Web Driver, Chrome, Firefox, Internet explorer.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Senior QA Engineer (Scrum team)
- Create test plans and test design specifications for assigned test areas.
- Analyze and develop test cases based on the high level scenarios.
- Drafting manual test cases and test scripts in quality center.
- Perform peer review of test scripts drafted by other resources.
- Creating opportunities in Salesforce(SFDC) and testing Quote to Asset cycle which involves Quote, order Management, Fulfillment and Asset management for different telecommunication services in Siebel CRM and tracking the order status till completion in various integrated applications like MOAB, B2B test tool etc…for telecommunication services provided by Level3communications.
- Tracking the order status along with testing of integrated applications.
- Logging defects encountered while testing various integrated applications which include third party applications.
- Analyze and Identifying test scripts that can be automated based different factors like reusability, test data preparation, cross browser testing etc.
- Analyze and develop automated test scripts/cases using Selenium web driver suitable for use with regression testing framework of the application.
- Responsible for creating both positive and negative test cases to check the accuracy of the database of the application.
- Generate Defect reports in Mercury Quality Center (HP ALM) for weekly test meetings.
- Perform Cross browser testing for multiple browsers, e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer on different platforms (Windows & UNIX) and interpreted the negative/positive results.
- Perform Database Validation Testing using complex SQL queries using Inner/Outer joins.
Environment: HP Quality Center, HTML, XML, MS Office, Windows 8, Siebel CRM, Sales force, MOAB, B2B Test Tool.
ETL Test Engineer
- Design and review Test Scenarios, Test Conditions, Test scripts for UAT phase
- Assist team member in completing project related tasks.
- Participate in products/services business requirement review discussion with onshore/offshore team.
- Participate in UAT execution and logged critical defects
- Execute test scripts for Community bank within team to help them reach the daily targets.
- Communicating with the onshore team to get the issues resolved that are encountered during execution and attended war room calls for major blocking defects.
- Create new to bank accounts whenever required for residual servicing and other capability groups for execution.
- Involve in preparing outstanding test script execution metrics, execution issues and preparing the list of outstanding major blocking defects to report to the management team.
- Contributed in testing the data extracted from ETL loads run on daily basis
- Promptly and accurately reported the data issues found during ETL data validations and logged defects accordingly
Environment: HP Quality Center, HTML, XML, MS Office, Windows 8, Oracle, SQL.