- 12+ years of experience into software projects and played versatile roles constituting of Big Data QE/ ETL Test Lead/Test Analyst/Data Analyst/SQL Developer.
- 2 + years of experience in Big Data Validation and expertise in Hadoop Eco System, HDFS,Map Reduce,Hive,Hbase and Apache Pig
- 6+ years of experience in Data warehousing / ETL testing /BI Testing within environments of Oracle, SQLServer, Teradata, Informatica 9.x/8.x,SQL Developer, Toad, Cognos, OBIEE reports and SSRS.
- 3+ years of experience as Test Lead and expertise in planning, estimates, data setup, design, execution and status reporting.
- Data Extraction, Data Manipulation, Data Loading using Hive and Pig Tools and intermediate Java programming with Map Reduce frameworks .
- Automation Testing using QTP and QC,DVO and Excel Macros
- Expertise in Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and Data Validation.
- Proficient in Data warehouse architecture, Data models, schemas and in - line with Agile(Scrum), SAFe model and traditional SDLC models(Waterfall and Iterative)
- Top-notch in designing complex SQL queries in RDBMS like Oracle,Teradata,SQL Server incorporating Joins,subqueries, functions, set operators, analytical functions.
- Excellent in designing complex database objects like stored procedures, functions, packages, cursors and Triggers using SQL and PLSQL
- Experience in creating Reusable Transformations (Joiner, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Normalizer and Rank) and mappings using Informatica Designer
- Experienced in Unix commands, Shell scripting, FTP and file management in various UNIX environments
- Experience in Scheduling tools as Informatica Workflow Monitor,Autosys,DAC, UC4 and Control M
- Intricate in working with utilities like Teradata Fast load, Oracle SQL Loader and tools like Toad, CDB, QTP,QC/ALM,SQL Developer, Case Studio, Rational Rose, Erwin,Winscp,Putty
- Well versed into different testing that includes Black Box, Smoke, Functional, System Integration, User Acceptance,Cubes Validation, Cognos/OBIEE Reports, Performance and End to End Testing.
- Effective communicator with strong analytical abilities combined with skills to plan, implement and presentation of projects.
Hadoop: Cloudera, HDFS,Map Reduce,Hive,Pig,HBASE
Data Warehousing: Informatica9.x/8.x,SSIS 2005,2008 R2
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Teradata, DB2,SQL SERVER
GUI Tools: SQL Developer, Toad
Reporting Tools: Cognos,OBIEE,SSRS 2005
Languages:: C, C++, Java, VB Script, SQL, PL SQL
Functional Testing Tools:: Quick Test Professional 9.5, ALM
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 95/98/XP/2000/2003, MAC.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Big Data QE
- Involved in Data Extraction, Data Manipulation, Data Loading and validated the Data Accuracy of reports
- Tested the files moved from local file system to HDFS to verify the missing data
- Involved in setting up the testing environments and prepare test data for testing flows to validate and prove positive and negative cases
- Created Hive queries which helped analysts in identifying trends by comparing current data with historical finance metrics.
- Configured SQL database to store Hive metadata and loaded data into Hadoop File System (HDFS).
- Validated the data loaded in Hive Partitioned tables and tested the transformations in Pig
- Validated the data imported into HDFS .
- Validated the Map reduce, Pig, Hive Scripts by pulling the data from the Hadoop and validating it with the data in the files and reports.
- Design SQL queries /test cases for multiple user stories in each team and reviewed them with team during working sessions.
- Identifying data dependency across Finance systems and requested Data Refresh from PROD to TEST environment
- Test Execution of Control M jobs, Stored procedures and validated test scenarios
- Validated data across Datwarehouse and Reporting instances as per Data Architect request for TDR Transactions
- Involved in working sessions and assisted business analyst to identify UAT test cases .
- Identified issues in Control M jobs, Informatica Workflows and notified the dev team as part of white box testing
- Worked in compliance with QA process for each user story and updated QA activities in tools such as ALM, Rally
- Provided Signoff for multiple user stories across teams with complete test coverage
- Provided demo to business users for critical, user stories and received approval .
- Helped QA team and understanding User stories and designing SQL’s
Environment: Hive,Pig,HDFS, Informatica PowerCenter9.x, SQL SERVER 2014, CONTROL M, ALM,RALLY
Confidential, San Ramon CA
Sr Test Analyst
- Responsible for validating data associated to work-stream 2, 3, 4 for R8 Changes .
- Design SQL queries for existing / new application for FL, HE schedules based on source system
- Successful automation of data from all schedules and all sources in one dashboard for Federal submission.
- Actively involved in test planning, test design, test execution, defect retesting, defect closure for work streams and performed functional /regression testing.
- Involved in peer review of logic and generated technical mapping document for successful automation for all ETLs consolidated into one single data repository.
- Involved in finding the existing defects in the system, interacted with BA’s and raised CR
- Documented, clarify, and communicate requests for change requests with the requestor and coordinate with the development and other testing team.
- Involved in implementation of submission and resubmission logic using XML format interface into Excel.
- Performed Data analysis and provided solutions commonly used for development and automation testing.
- Involved in data mining and assisted in creating and presenting informational reports for management based on SQL data
- Used data analysis techniques to validate FED Edit checks and identify low quality missing data in the existing EDW
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter9.x, Oracle11g, Toad,Flat Files, UNIX, ALM,OBIEE
Confidential, San Ramon CA
Sr Test Analyst
- Understanding the functional specifications in detail and preparing gap analysis sheet for any clarifications with business analyst team.
- Worked individually on modules of Account, Weather, System load and Data request.4
- Performed test analysis of the sourced data and suggested Data model changes
- Involved in preparing Test plan for all the modules and got it reviewed.
- Participated in design review meetings for the Account, Weather and System Load modules
- Prepared test scenarios positive, negative, technical and business scenarios and delivered walkthrough with design and business teams
- Prepared test data and incorporated the test data as required into the source system for validating the insert/update logic based on technical specifications
- Update the test data in source system, ran the workflows and tested the changes .Also performed the rollback operations for data changed in source system
- Involved in Test Execution and defects retesting and uploaded test results into Quality Center
- Involved in testing data with various combinations as Table to Table, Flat file to Table
- Validated the data across File to Table using Fastload utility in Teradata
- Involved in Running the workflows scheduling jobs using UC4 and proactively communicated with dev teams on the success of data load
- Involved in validating the data using Informatica DVO as part of Regression testing.
- Used unix commands in placing files between servers using Putty.
- Added parameter file using Winscp and validated the email notification based on the workflows status
- Represented test activities in GO-NO GO meetings for the production deployment with the UAT and business users
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter9.x, Oracle11g, Teradata, SQL Server 2008,SQL Developer,SQL Assitant, UC4, Flat Files, UNIX, ALM,Infomatica DVO, Fast Load
Confidential, Woodland Hills CA
ETL Test Lead
- Understanding the business and functional requirements and preparing gap analysis sheet for any clarifications with business analyst team.
- Performed Data profiling by identifying the data dependency in the Heart Source System and capture the data flow between Claims SA, Payment SA, Reserve SA and Claim unit SA
- Designed the Test Strategy document and got it reviewed with the customers and business teams .
- Incorporated the V-model of software testing and performed the test activities in all the phases of SDLC
- Provided test estimates for the test cycles and designed the test approaches for the Historical and Incremental data
- Designed Glass to Glass testing approach for the source Siebel application and the target OBIEE reports
- Load the test data into the target tables by executing the DAC plan as per the historical and incremental test cycle schedules.
- Interacted with senior peers/SME to learn more about the data and Reported the daily test execution status with the senior management and the customers.
- Reviewed the documentation related to different teams that includes Data Dictionary,ETL STTM’s, OBIEE LLD’s, Test Scenarios from Source to Stage and Stage to CDM and CDM to OBIEE
- Performed different phases of testing include SIT, UAT, PROD and different types of testing include Functional data validation at ETL and OBIEE, Glass to Glass testing, Performance testing
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter9.x, Oracle11g, OBIEE,TOAD,Erwin, Flat Files, UNIX, DAC, Siebel, ALM,SQLLOADER
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
ETL Test Lead
- Worked and reviewed along with Business Analysts and Functional Team members to translate Business requirements into ETL technical specifications.
- Designing the test plan for validating the data across the layers of data warehouse architecture
- Manage end to end testing work for the DW distribution portfolio and lead the project team of 10 resources to assign module/activity/tasks/deliverables
- Prepare the test environment setup and initiate the appropriate requests for the readiness of the environment.
- Preparing Test Scripts in QTP as per the framework and running the test scripts and capturing the test results.
- Testing of ETL jobs that are scheduled for file transfers from Operational Data Stores to designated locations. Tested the data loaded on daily and weekly basis from source to Stage
- Identify the test estimates and prepare test plan covering the complete testing process
- Reviewing the test cases and ensuring the test coverage is achieved.
- Loading the extract file data into different stages of FSDIM DW database tables through informatica workflows using Autosys for defining, scheduling and monitoring jobs.
- Guided team in Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation Testing.
- Executed and managed test cases and reported bugs in Quality Center if we have any issues in data comparison or workflow failures.
- Responsible to send the Data Warehouse Quality report to the QA manger on weekly basis .
- Created Integrated summary data from multiple tables to represent the business perspective of the top management executives
Environment: SSIS 2005, Cross Database Comparator, Quick Test Professional,SQL Server, TOAD, SQL Developer, Flat Files, UNIX, Autosys, ALM
- Involve in Understanding the Functional Requirements and business requirements.
- Designed test scripts from source to stage. Source is XML file and sql are designed based on XMLtable and performed data validation.
- Creating Test Scenarios and Test Scripts to validate source and Target data.
- Test Scenarios include end to end test coverage from Quotes to Policies as per the business requirement.
- Involved in Test Case Design with respect to Test Plan.
- Executing the test scripts including prerequisites, detailed instructions and anticipated results.
- Interacting with the development team to solve the problems encountered in the test scenario run.
- Analyzing the root cause of the failed Test Case and provide the corresponding data samples to client
- Tracking the defects using RTC tool and reported the defect status to multiple teams in the project.
- Attend the Status Calls and Updating the Work Status and ensured the test timelines are as per schedule.
- Used Cross database comparator tool for validating the data across heterogeneous databases
- Involved in Cubes Testing and Involved in Cognos Reports testing.
- Converting the SQL into SAS jobs based on the logic and Creating Sas jobs for the similar attributes using multiple approaches.
- Hands on experience in collecting several metrics and come up with corrective measure to be presented to senior management
- Involved in Performance Statistics calculation and Involved in Dash board Preparations.
- Involved in Test execution and updated the defect status in QC .
- Involved in Test Reporting on daily/ weekly basis through company prescribed format.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter9.x, Cross Database Comparator, Teradata, TOAD, SQL Developer, Flat Files, UNIX, RTC, ALM, Cognos Reports
- Involved in studying functional specifications and Mercado specifications.
- Prepared Test plan, test scenarios, test cases as per the specifications.
- Involved in designing test cases and adding the Mercado related test cases.
- Configured rules,MZ’s in CMC and checking application functionality.
- Involved in Mapping of Size and Color in ML admin
- Executed test cases and raised issues in bug tracking tool Jira.
- Actively communicated with dev team in handling issues during test execution.
- Involved in testing Bazaar voice inline ratings functionality and capturing screenshots in cross browsers.
- Involved in Cross browser testing in IE6,IE7,Safari 2.x and Firefox 2.x browsers
- Responsible in development and maintenance of regression suite using QTP in QC.
- Involved in developing libraries, recovery scenarios and test scripts using QTP.
- Handled Object Repository management for every new release.
- Responsible in executing test suites through Quality Center Lab and analyze test results
- Managed 3 members of testing team as well played a Lead Role
- Participating in project meeting and discussion meeting/ conference calls with onsite teams.
- Involved in validating the data as part of database testing by writing sql’s and executing them.
Environment: Oracle 8.0, Java, Servlets, PL/SQL, Windows NT/98, SQL*Loader, QTP, QC
- Involved in Functional study of the Application and Responsible for Preparation and execution of full suite of Test cases and Involved in preparation of Test plan document.
- Designed High level Test Scenarios and Test Cases and Responsible for Functional and Regression testing.
- Involved in Retesting of the test cases based on the builds.
- Designed test cases using Black Box testing techniques and prepare Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Involved in Writing the Stored Procedures and executing the stored procedures
- Co-ordinate with development team in resolving critical bugs.
- Involved in Automated Testing of the System using QTP
- Involved in Reviewing the Scripts for the Application and executing the Scripts with QTP.
- Utilized the best practices for the creation of Test Status Report and Weekly Status Report.
Environment: Oracle 8.0, Java, Servlets, PL/SQL, Windows NT/98, SQL*Loader, QTP, QC