- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology with the Automation and Manual testing teams, Quality Assurance, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, System Testing on Web and Client/Server based applications.
- Versatile with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) and Software Testing Life cycle(STLC) in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability.
- Worked in AGILE, SCRUM and WATERFALL development models.
- Experienced in working closely with business analysts, developers, and end users in a cross functional team.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP and to develop automation testing scripts.
- Identifying the element using various locators like Object's id, Name, XPath and CSS selectors to link in the application.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of both manual and automated tests.
- Proficient in Functional Testing Tool Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT) and the various frameworks in QTP/UFT.
- Worked on multiple projects and Extensively involved in User Acceptance testing (UAT), End to End, Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Validation testing, Performance Testing, black box, white box and Cross - Browser testing.
- Experience developing, documenting and executing test cases manually and with automation using HP UFT and Tricentis Tosca Test suite to ensure proper business compliance after working closely with Users, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Developers.
- Experience in performing manual testing using Android Studio Emulators, IOS Simulators & Mobile. Application Testing using Automation tools like Appium and Perfecto.
- Hands on experience in mobile testing using APPIUM in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Experienced in using Quality Center, RQM, Clear Case IBM Rational Manual Tester 184.108.40.206, Test Manager, IBM Rational Clear Quest 7.0.1, Quick Test Pro and MS Office for creating Test Cases.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project Building tool, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo for continuous Integration.
- Experience in doing performance testing of service using JMeter, LoadRunner.
- Developed automated scripts and frame works using Java, Python, C#, Ruby, Perl, VB Script.
- Experience in testing applications developed on JAVA, J2EE like JSP, Servlets.
- Involved in the process of defect Identification and resolution using tool like Bugzilla, JIRA, HP ALM/ Quality center, Visual Studio and Microsoft Test Manager(MTM).
- Comprehensive knowledge in Web Services testing using SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and tested both XML, WSDL and JSON formats.
- Experience of working on network protocols such as HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Involved in testing microservices, independent applications with single domain responsibility with communicating through HTTP, usually with REST protocol.
- It involved designing, development and testing of Proof of Concepts (POC).
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS & Git.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development(BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) using Cucumber.
- Enriched experience and strong command over Manual (White box, Black Box test), QA focused DevOps and Test Automation using Protractor, Selenium WebDriver, RFT, UFT/QTP and ALM/Quality Center.
- Experience in cloud-based testing using SOASTA for performance, load and stress testing of mobile and Web Apps.
- Writing and executing SQL, DDL statements for checking the validity and integrity of data in various databases such as Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Mongo DB and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Experience in Cross-browser Testing when working with Multiple Operations Systems, Multiple browsers using Selenium Grid.
- Well versed with testing in various domains like Health, Banking, Retail and Financial.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC, Selenium Grid, Quick Test Pro(QTP), Soap UI, Cucumber, JMeter
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, MVC.
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, FirePath, XPath, Xpather
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, SQL Developer, TOAD
Web services: SOAP and Restful webservices testing, Angular Js
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, BEA's WebLogic, JBoss
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows(XP,7,8), Linux, Mac
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla& IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC)
Selenium Automation/Mobile Engineer
- Understand the business requirement and technical specification documents of the system.
- Involved in Agile Scrum meeting and Scrum testing of the system.
- Reviewed change request documents and defect description and attended meetings to document the required changes.
- Developing test cases, test procedures and test data from requirement document.
- Creation and Development of functional libraries and Test scripts in Ruby.
- Coded test framework in Ruby that utilized calabash/ Cucumber/Gherkin.
- Involved in test plan and test case review meetings.
- Extensively interacted with developers, business& management teams to understand the OPM project business requirements and ETL design document specifications.
- Developed Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM, TestNG, Apache POI under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Updating the test cases document according to review comments.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, Integration Testing, Regression testing, User acceptance testing and Database testing.
- Used python to develop Automation framework to Validate RESTful Web Services.
- Experienced in writing parsing scripts using python and Power Shell for xml validation and verification.
- Manually checked with the results from the application execution and captured the SQL Statements.
- Extensively used SQL query statements to verify the data integrity and validation between the front-end values with the backend database values of the application.
- Prepared Test cases, procedures, Bug Tracking, Logging and reporting bugs using Quality center.
- Developed automation scripts for automating Functional and Regression testing using Selenium C# Web driver, Eclipse, TestNG, Java, Maven, Log4j and JDBC.
- Developed automation scripts for Native Mobile applications (IOS, Android) using Appium and Java.
- Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation.
- Experience developing a Comprehensive Test Strategy inclusive of all testing activities.
- Used Postman which is lightweight API testing tool which is used manually to test Web service testing, looking for quick answers during the testing phase
- Developed the test scripts in POSTMAN.
- Updating status report daily basis and weekly basis by conducting meetings with QA team.
- Involved in writing of modification reports for errors identified in testing and clearly communicated with development via defect tracking system using Quality Center.
- Extensively interacted with developers to analyze and resolve the issues that were encountered while testing the application And Involved in Database testing to verify data integrity tests.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation Test Scripts in Selenium WebDriver using JAVA TESTNG, JXL, Log4j and Maven.
- Re-testing & Regression testing on the entire application to ensure that nothing is affected by after the Defects have been fixed.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases in parallel on different target machines.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Involved in preparation of automation scripts using CRAFT framework- Selenium (web driver).
- Data Defined and Manipulate (DDL/DML) using SQL Queries in MYSQL.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver 2.0, Xpath, Ruby, Appium(Android), Quality Center 9, Log4j, Oracle 10g, HTML, Java Script, Calabash, J2EE, UNIX, SQL, Agile, Rally, XML, SOAP, SOAP UI,Postman, Web Services, TOAD.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute parallel tests on multiple browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox & Safari.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Pop-ups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Apache POI API.
- Validated the response of the API with PL/SQL queries on the database using VB Script.
- Hands-on experience with Manual Testing, Automated Testing and Experience in Mobile Apps Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps with Exploratory Testing on Mobile and Tablet devices with Appium automation framework.
- Expertise in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium. Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Installed and configured SOAPUI using WSDL file, setting up the database connection, used java and groovy scripting for creating test scripts.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Developed Functional and performance tests using Junit framework
- Experienced using HP Application Life Cycle Management(ALM) for global test management, bug tracking and reporting.
- Practiced Test-driven TDD, automated unit testing, refactoring, and extensive pair programming.
- Worked on source version control tools such as Subversion SVN.
- Involved in Writing Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every deployment.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) using Cucumber, Gherkin.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Collaborated with the business and technical teams and took the responsibility to document the functional and technical specifications in the business requirements analysis phase.
- Responsible for providing Risk Assessments, test Plans, test cases and executing and creating Test Results them within an AGILE software development SCRUM environment.
- Created Test Completion Reports at the end of SIT capturing final testing status including defect information to be presented to the business line for approval.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Robot framework, Python, Maven, Appium, UAT, ANT, SIT, TestNG, Jenkins, CI/CD, XPath, Eclipse, SOAP UI 4.0, JIRA, Git, Firebug, HTML, XML, CSS, UFT 11.x, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle, JMeter, ETL, Windows, POI, POM, Appium, IOS Simulator, Emulator.
Confidential , Wallingford , CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and analyzed use cases, functional requirements to create detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium. Also responsible for converting automation scripts to new framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run the parallel testing.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse IDE.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Experienced in Apache POI Jar for reading Excel file using Java IO operations.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases.
- Documented all defects found in Jira defect tracking system.
- Monitored the jobs which could be GIT checkout using Jenkins.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running
- Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on browsers.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end-to-end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Involved in writing the Acceptance Criteria and Test Cases for the Stories assigned to in Quality Center.
- Closely worked with developers and product owners in an Agile Environment using technical stories to create automated APIs (REST/SOAP) and built a framework for continuous support for future releases.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Supported the UAT team during their testing.
- Participated in Peer reviews of automated test cases and Test Plan for the team member.
- Created Post Implementation Review reports for successfully completed projects.
Environment: Java, Selenium, Selenium GRID, Appium, Perfecto Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, XPath, Eclipse IDE, Agile, JIRA, QC, XML, Python, HTML, CSS, agile, Oracle 11g, Windows, LINUX.
QA Test Engineer
- Prepare reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
- Provided a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL and backend validations.
- Developed and executed SQL Queries to perform backend database testing.
- Performed functional testing, integration testing. Worked in developing Shell scripts in UNIX
- Exercised good judgment within generally defined quality assurance practices, procedures and standards.
- Assisted in definition, creation and validation of test data.
- Worked closely with the development team to identify and fix defects and enhancements.
- Involved in documenting and analyzing defects and test results.
- Involved in both Manual Testing and Automated testing
- Involved in running Test scripts on different browsers using the Selenium Web driver.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Wrote automation scripts on Selenium web driver from scratch using java script.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Involved in Unit testing, test case development and regression testing using Junit for web based application.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings, reviews and developed scenarios
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, JUnit, ANT, Jenkins, TDD, Jira, Agile, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows XP, UNIX.
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications and interacted with developers for changes in requirements if any.
- Developing Test plan of the application as per technical specifications.
- Involved in writing Unit and Regression Test cases for the Product.
- Involved in setting up the automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG.
- Used Xpath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG and generated reports.
- Creating and maintaining various databases using SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Created automated test scripts for validating the nightly product builds and regression testing.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in Quality Center.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Performed all test assignments to ensure the application meets business requirements and client expectations.
- Interacted with developers & various members of project team to discuss and resolve defects and to determine their priorities.
- Summarize test results in formula test analysis reports according to the documentation standards.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSF, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SQL, Quality Center, Jenkins, SVN, Windows XP, MS Access and MS Excel.