- 2 years experience in Quality Assurance and software testing in primarily Manual and automated testing environment.
- Solid experience working in Agile environment, scrum, and Kanban.
- Expertise in using zephyr (JIRA Plugin) to create and execute test cases.
- Expertise in reviewing and documentation of detailed test plan specifications.
- Extensive experience working in both team individual work environments as a Quality Assurance Analyst handling complex projects and participating fully in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of different methodologies such as Agile, waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in using HP Quality Center (QC) to perform activities like writing Test plan, Test Cases, Executive Test Cases. Developing and maintaining Test Scripts, tracking defects and bug reporting.
- Strong skills in writing negative test cases, test scenario and test scripts. Strong skills in back - end testing and data validation.
- Proficient in analyzing business requirements, functional specifications, use case documents, business process diagrams and design documents to understand the functionality and architecture of the application and to ensure customer needs are clear, consistent and testable.
- Experience in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tool like track it. Bugzilla and Quality Center.
- Experienced and well- rounded with all phase of Software Testing Life Cycle (SDLC) in requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing.
- Experienced in Black Box Testing, SIT Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Boundary Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Expert in Mobile testing on IOS, android, Windows devices: phone and tablets.
- Worked with peers in both business and technical areas to deliver system solutions in line with corporate priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries to check for successful data transactions.
- Expert in cross browser testing to ensure compatibility with various browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and documentation skills with good process management skills along with a remarkable ability to gather requirements to bring our quality product with the ability to learn new technologies in short span of time
Test Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, Selenium Web Driver, Jira, Bugzilla
Browsers/OS: IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IOS, Android, Blackberry
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Testing the application in Agile, Scrum and sprint development and process
- Performed manual testing to ensure code base is working at its peak performance.
- Tested systems to ensure proper functions and prepare for implementation.
- Reported and documented defects and escalate to the appropriate developer.
- Kept records of any defects and progress on defect resolution.
- Supported testing of all enterprise wide applications (.Net, Java, Web, etc)
- Trained with senior staff on the fundamentals and complexities of software QA testing and associated tools & technologies.
- Participated in all SDLC phases of the IT Project Delivery Process for each assigned project.
- Developed deep application content knowledge in system functionality and system operational processes/procedures.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (Including manual and automated testing environments).
- Developed and executed test scripts utilizing ALM.
- Tracked testing risks and develop mitigation action plans.
- Assisted QA Leads in planning/developing a test plan which includes regression testing.
- Conditioned and/or acquired test data to create required test scenarios.
- Coordinated the execution of test scripts with QA Leads, Project Managers, Development Managers, and internal testers.
- Assisted Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects.
- Provided the resolution and communication of application defects
- Assessed and revised test sequence and scope based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Ensured QA methodologies are followed and are compliant with BOA's standards.
- Confirmed all project documentation is up to date and is compliant with BOA standards.
- Managed offshore associates by identifying project requirements and reviewing previous testing status, while also providing necessary training to complete testing deadlines.
- Attended planning/grooming sessions with our Agile team along with the Product Owner and BA to avoid gap analysis before the design begins.
- Recognized for producing scripts in ALM as a checklist for internal audits.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Participated in Story sizing sessions to understand change in Business functionality and its impact for effort estimation.
- Involved in Test Requirement gathering and Analysis using Technical/Functional Specification Documents.
- Coordinating system test activities and necessities with business, development & pre-production groups.
- Reviewed Requirements, Design documents and analysis.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and assisted in planning the Test Plan.
- Performed Functional, Transaction, Integration, End to End, Positive testing, Black Box testing, White Box testing, Regression testing.
- Created test plans and test cases for Manual Testing.
- Developed test cases for the Web Portal Upgrade and Enhancements.
- Web tested the front end portal system to ensure the upgrade to the operating system didn't impact functionality of the system.
- Tested the new Enhancements to the web portal to ensure functional requirements were met and Regression to ensure no impact to existing functionality.
- Created and executed SQL queries to verify data in tables.
- Managed daily status call with the team including the business partners.
- Responsible for Issue reporting and resolution.
- Preparation of Test Strategy, Test plan, Sign-off and other QA related documents.
- Responsible for preparation of Functional conditions and reviews of all the QA related documentation prepared by team.
- Involved in creating and grouping Test Cases for running them in unattended mode.
- Identified all the Properties of GUI Objects to ensure that the script using GUI Spy in WinRunner recognizes each object. Performed Regression testing of the application when new objects are added to the application.
- Identified the tests to be automated and assisted offshore team to convert to test scripts using HP Quick Test Pro for functional and regression testing.
- Responsible for Defect Tracking/monitoring, Defect Reporting and Defect Consolidation using Rational Clear Quest.
- Reviewed test results and sign off with Business prior to UAT. Worked closely with business partners on user acceptance testing
Environment: Java, XML, Rational Clear quest, Quality center, Perfecto, Android SDK (emulator), Mobile platforms: Android, blackberry OS and iOS.