- Over9 Years of professional experience in Software Quality Assurance& testing in Retail/E - commercedomain
- Exposure to both Manual as well as Automated Testing of Web-based applications
- Experienced in developing Test Plan document and Test Cases based upon the business requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies.
- Experience in working with Agile as well as traditional SDLC cycles.
- Experience in testing Web testing, Database Testing and API testing.
- Good understanding of all modules of HP ALM( Quality Center)such as Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Dashboard reports.
- Used Quality Center for Bugs reporting and communicating to developers, product support and test team members.
- Lead and mentor internal and external onsite/offshore QA team members.
- Involved in maintaining TestMatrixusingTraceabilityMatrix and performed GapAnalysis
- Performed UserAcceptanceTesting( UAT ) manually.
- Participated in design walkthroughs and verified QC Test Scripts and results.
- Experience in End-to-end testing,Functional, Data-driven, Unit, Integration, System, Front-End and Back-End Testing.
- Document and facilitate defect management process across all IT projects.
- Knowledge of testing credit card, debit card, gift card processing, credit certification, sales & returns, promotional discount functionalities.
- Performed Regression and smoke test.
- Participated in design Walkthroughs and Inspection meetings to review Test scripts and results.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Win Runner, SOAPUI, BPT
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid, RUP.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM(Quality Center), Test Director, Bugzilla, JIRA, TFS
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 2000/XP/7, 10 and Mac
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle
MS Office Suite: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Web Browser: Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer/Edge
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Ensure the functional and nonfunctional requirements of the business units are met by undertaking a thorough and comprehensive review of a set of tests on programming changes that are produced by development and testing staff.
- Review testing effort via test plans and test cases for all IT projects
- Oversee the complete testing lifecycle for all applications in scope for deployments including review test plans/scenarios for new functions.
- Review test cases, scripts, plans and procedures.
- Document and facilitate defect management process across all IT projects.
- Validate and close-out all defects prior to GO LIVE.
- Wrote extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Collaborate with other QA staff to accomplish all daily target maintaining higher quality standards
- Develop a process to ensure eliminating duplicate efforts in QA
- Mentor QA team members and share expertise
- Maintain open communication with internal teams
- Assist with internal project kickoffs and requirements/specs gathering
- Serves as an escalation point for issues involving testing
- Provides daily and weekly status report that includes testing metrics
- Assist team in taking any new responsibilitiesas assigned
- Participate in RETRO meeting at the end of the sprint/ project to analyze and identify the actions for improvement going forward.
- Used Microsoft TFS for defect tracking and task updates.
Confidential - Aliso Viejo, CA
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance.
- Validated data and ensured that all the transactions being run on POS are being stored correctly in the database
- Participated in the Manual vs. Automated testing decision-making process.
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Good understanding of all functionalities of HP ALM( Quality Center) such as Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Dashboard reports.
- Developed and executed test cases, reporting bugs and followed-up defects using Quality Center.
- Provided test team status reports on weekly basis to the project manager.
- Work directly with managers and development team in an Agile environment
- Tested manually as per the specification documents and performed POS Integration Testing.
- Worked on various sprints and actively participated in the SCRUM meetings.
- Generated the test execution report in Quality Center to be reviewed by the QA Manager and development team.
- Validate Data Grid and Data Tables for expected results during Unit Testing cycle using SQL queries
- Responsible for testing of inters system Integration test/interfaces/pair testing
- Preparing and executing test cases for functional, Integration, UAT and regression testing
- Performed Functionality testing during various phases of the application and analyzed the results using QTP.
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Created and executed scripts manually for Functionality testing
- Verified the test cases and test scripts written by Jr. Testers and managed POS test applications
- Executed test cases through Quality Center and reported defects in Quality Center.
- Conducted GUI, Backend, Data Driven and Security Testing.
- Responsibility for the management of IT Applications, POS and QA in Retail and Rental environment.
- Tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Performing manual testing in Retail/front end, customer serv. POS systems and Self-Checkout, credit card, debit card, gift card processing, credit certification etc.
- Arranged weekly team meeting to assign testing tasks and acquisition of status reports from individual team members.
- Conducted Bug review meeting to discuss resolution of issues and Involved in UAT testing and Order and maintain inventory of POS application tool.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test Plan.
- Created and Maintained test scenarios, test cases and traceability matrixes throughout STLC
- Manually tested the web application to ensure the flow of the application functionality
- Developed and maintained Test & Traceability Matrices
- Extensively used test management tool JIRA to develop test cases, test scripts, executing the scripts and tracking the defects, Logging the defects and reporting the defects.
- Participated in status meetings to report issues. Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using JIRA
- Identify requirement gaps, conduct meetings and report status to the senior management.
- Worked on business requirements User Stories and Use cases with Scrum and Agile/Iterative methodology. Analyze Business Rules and defined data elements.
- Performed manual testing and maintain documentation on different types of Testing viz., Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, User-acceptance, Performance and Black Box
- Functionally validated Web Services delivered in SOAP XML format as provided in specification document
- Worked with staging tables to manipulate and validate the transformed data.
- Used SQL queries in backend to validate the data transformation and storage on the target db.
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Documented and reported defects within established process and tracking systems using Quality Center.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Participated in setting up testing environment.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Reviewed and updated Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Manually test each and every module of the application and verify against expected results.
- Performed Sanity and Smoke Testing of the application manually after each build.
- Performed Functional, GUI, Security, Positive and Negative Testing.
- Performed rigorous manual testing before a release.
- Manually performed Back-End Testing of the application for SQL-Server database.
- Performed Back End Testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Involved in creating and executing SQL queries, using aggregate functions, Group By /Having clause, where clause, Inner/Outer Joins etc..
- Modified previously existing Test Cases that were driven by the manual testing effort so that they are more appropriate for future automation testing.
- Conducted result analysis and interacted with developers to resolve bugs.
- Report the bugs by using Microsoft Excel Sheet.
- Participated in the project meetings.
- Attended to daily reviews, walkthroughs and meetings for Verification and Validation of the project.
- Met with the developers and technical content writers on a daily basis to update the test documents.
- Followed up with developers on defects status on a daily basis.