- Around 4 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing of Client/Server Applications and Web based applications.
- Excellent experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Review requirements documentation in order to clearly identify priority and impact of test cases.
- Strong skills in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts, CMM and QA Life Cycle methodology.
- Excellent experience in manual testing and automated testing using tools like Quality Center, Quick Test Professional and Clear Quest.
- Strong skills in Database Testing and thorough knowledge in SQL/PL*SQL.
- Excellent experience in working with various databases like Oracle and SQLSERVER.
- Very good experience in using bug tracking tools like IBM Clear Quest.
- Possess knowledge about various Internet Protocols like HTTP, FTP and SMTP.
- Expertise in Analysis of Requirement documents, Design documents & Business Rules.
- Very Good experience in using Automated Tool Quality Center in Client Server, Web - Based and Database Applications.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Skillful at different programming and testing technologies using automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI & current QA methodologies.
- Good experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Automated scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in unit testing, functional testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, sanity testing, exception testing, compatibility testing & security testing of client/server and web-based applications.
- Worked extensively on Agile Projects and attended several scrum meetings such as Sprint Planning, Scrums, and Sprint Review meetings.
- Automated regression test cases using TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, and scheduled the jobs using a continuous integration tool, Jenkins.
Project Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
Automation Testing Tools: Eclipse, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, IDE, Grid), TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, Rally, Quality Center.
Frameworks: Cucumber, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model.
Utilities: Eclipse, Perforce, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Quality Center, QTP and IBM Clear Quest
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM & Quality Center, Rally.
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS selector.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/2008/10, Mac OS.
Programming tools/Languages: C, UNIX shell scripting, Java, Java Scripts, SQL.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
MS Office Tools: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Reviewed Business Requirement and Software Specification Requirements to achieve better understanding of the Application.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Executed Test Cases and Gathered Test Execution results.
- Tested the Functionality of the application through manual Testing.
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Procedures based on the test requirements.
- Created Test Cases manually for Functional testing based on the Functional areas and Use Case documents.
- Created, maintained and updated test strategy, test conditions, test cases and regression testing based on business requirement.
- Prepared automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression testing.
- Analyzed existing and planned business processes. Documented workflows and created functional specs for development.
- Performed Front End and Functionality Testing using QTP
- Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality and performed data driven testing on the application inserting different datausing QTP.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to access the main database.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release
- Implemented T-SQL/SQL Scripts and Wrote SQL queries to validate data.
- Developed test cases and scenarios in accordance to the technical specifications and project plans provided by the appropriate business analysts.
Confidential, North Carolina
- Involved in Preparation, Reviewing and Execution of test cases.
- Involved in writing Test Plan for the web application after analyzing the specifications and business requirements
- Performed End-to-End Manual Testing of the application.
- Wrote several Test Cases for testing various functionalities.
- Security testing ensured the application business logic, and also helped identify and patch all the vulnerabilities of the application.
- Performed Functional, Navigation, Regression and Smoke tests on the new enhancements added to the web application in different environments like UAT, Stress and finally in Production.
- Setup Jasmine and Selenium/IDE for unit and functional testing. Run Unit tests with Jasmine-Karma.
- Implemented automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior-Driven (BDD) approach in Cucumber framework with Gherkin.
- Designed data-driven testing framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Involved in regression testing using QTP tool prior converting QTP scripts to Selenium web-driver.
- Used various queries to validate and populate data into a table.
- Developed Test cases and Test scripts to fully validate the functionality, and ensure that the application meets all the security and privacy requirements.
- Participated in the test environment setup and in ensuring that the facilities, test tools and scripts are in place to successful perform the required testing effort.
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Tables and to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Configured test environment for specific test cases, created test data, and executed automated and manual tests, documented results, and updated defect trackingsystems in Clear Quest.
- Performed extensive functional GUI level testing and wrote /modified tests from scratch.
- Created and executed automated test scripts.
- Involved in User Interface testing, Usability Testing, Functionality Testing and Smoke Testing of the application.
Junior quality analyst
- Analyzed the software functionality.
- Developed test plans based on an understanding of the business functionality and the software testing methodology.
- Reviewed the User Requirements Document and prepare the detailed Test Plan and Test Criteria for the testing effort using Quality Center.
- Develop & Automate Data Validation Test Cases to test the application.
- Performed System Testing.
- All the issues that came up during the testing process were tracked and logged in Clear Quest as defects.
- Used Quality Center for execution of manual test scripts.
- Developed a test plan and modified the test plan when required in later stages of testing. Tests were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Clear Quest.
- Conducted Multi-User, Smoke and System testing.
- Supported testing and development environments (i.e. backups, restores, version control of source, targets, and data), Liaison with the systems administrators.
- Performed Performance Testing to identify abnormalities in the web application.
- Developed test cases based on business and functional requirement.
- Conducted Regression testing, Integration testing and User acceptance testing for various combinations using Manual and automated tools.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were created to by the application.
- Monitored the defect tracking process using Clear Quest, trouble shooting and generating customized graphs and reports for the client.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Maintaining status reports and communicating with the Management regarding progress of work.
- After successful development and testing of the product, participated in User Acceptance Testing, product release and deployment to end-user.