- Over 6+ years of experience working as QA Engineer for Software Development and Testing life Cycle including preparation of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test summary reports for Web Applications and Mobile Applications.
- Steep knowledge of test case management tools, software testing methodologies, programming, automated functional regression code and stress testing tools.
- Experience in Automation testing tools, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium GRID.
- Design, develop and implement Page Object Model Pattern based Data Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test - NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test-NG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Experience in writing Jmeter scripts and used Blaze meter for scaling the load test on cloud from different locations.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Experience with Rest Assured for test automation of REST API test Automation.
- Strong backend testing experience in Data Warehousing applications, involved in testing the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from multiple sources into Data Warehouse.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to check the data loading in the target tables and validating data for different databases.
- Experience in Mobile Automation Testing on IOS platforms using iPhone & iPad Devices with Automation tools like Keep It Functional KIF and Appium. In depth understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and skilled in developing automated test scripts in Swift.
- Expertise in Using GIT, Tortoise SVN, Source tree, Tower for source code management.
- Hands on experience with Swift, KIF and Appium for Mobile UI Automation and XCTest for unit tests.
- Experience in creating and executing stored procedures using PL/SQL to compare the results with expected results.
- Experience using Splunk for Log Validations on Production Environment.
- Proficient in using Postman and SoapUI for testing Web Services.
- Experience in bug reporting tools like Clear Quest and JIRA.
- Experience in test case management tools like Xray, HP ALM and Zephyr.
TESTING TOOLS: Selenium WebDriver & GRID, Appium, QTP, RestAssured
TEST FRAMEWORK: Apple UI Automation, TestNG, Keep It Functional KIF, Java Selenium framework.
Tools: Maven, Eclipse, XCode, Xray, bamboo, Jenkins, GIT, SourceTree, Tower, Splunk, Tortoise SVN, HP ALM, Adobe Track Analytics.
MS in Computer Science: from University of Central Missouri
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Contributed in an agile team by driving user story analysis and feature grooming, designing and developing thorough test-cases and test scenarios.
- Contributed in development of test automation framework from scratch for two projects.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and Selenium GRID.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver, Test NG and Bamboo.
- Created and maintained automated tests running in a continuous integration environment.
- Used Postman and SOAP UI for manual testing of API’s.
- Integrated critical test cases into developer’s bamboo build to avoid major defects.
- Used Java language and Test NG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Bamboo for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Updated existing Selenium Framework with Rest Assured dependencies to handle REST API tests.
- Created test scripts for complex cases involved in using API’s to launch and then testing functionality.
- Used Browser stack for cross browser, OS and device testing.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Bamboo and worked on cloud-based testing using Azure.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Created Jmeter scripts and used Blaze meter for scaling the load test on cloud from different locations.
- Tested Event logging using REST API calls.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to automate testing of Electron application (Windows based).
- Performed manual testing on IOS physical devices including various iPhones and iPads.
- Worked in Agile scrum, participated in release planning, Sprint planning, Sprint Demo, review and retro.
- Worked with focus group of customers to update the project requirements based on feedback.
- Integrated KIF Framework with the development project to automate test cases.
- Used Swift and Xcode to build automation scripts, used automation for regression before every release.
- Used Jira for bug reporting and tracking.
Environment: Java, Selenium, Maven, Eclipse, Xcode, Swift, Bamboo, Tortoise SVN, REST, Jmeter, Azure, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential - Mclean, VA
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and prepared Release Test Strategy Document.
- Involved in Functional and Regression Testing on the IOS Mobile App on iPhone & iPad devices.
- Developed Automation scripts for all the new UI changes using Swift with KIF Framework and Xcode as an IDE and exposure with Appium.
- Introduced UI Tests automating more than 90 % for existing manual test cases using KIF on top of XCTest framework.
- Lead an automation LOB team to optimize the existing automation code base and review code for other Quality Engineers.
- Provided technical leadership and mentoring for newly joined engineers
- Refactored codebase to improve extensibility & testability be introducing DI and Tests. The entire refactoring process with Test Driven.
- Implemented new IOS styled minimal UI in coordination with team designer.
- Fixed UI defects along with the developers
- Used Jenkins Continuous Integration tool to trigger the automation builds on regular basis.
- Building test automation solutions in agile environment: Pre-Commit validation, Post Commit Pipeline
- Worked on Apple UI Automation to automate the test cases which consume images from external project checkSim.
- Created automated scripts on IOS physical devices and simulators.
- Exposure to GIT & bash commands for source code management.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android applications.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on Android platforms using Appium and Java
- Experience in setting up test environment for automated script execution using Java , Appium and TestNG .
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Exposure on Adobe Site catalyst for Track analytics to determine the priority of defects found.
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BA, PO and Developers.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver and Selenium GRID.
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java Framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API; GRID to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Developed Maven build script to run Smoke Test set using selenium WebDriver on nightly basis.
- Used the Page Object Model design pattern to create Object Repository for web UI elements and Data Driven framework for reading the data from excel sheets using Apache POI.
- Developed HTML reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Proficient in Web Application testing using Selenium Web Driver creating scripts in Java, Python and VB on multiple browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators (XPath, CSS, id, Link text).
- Experience in handling multiple windows, Alerts and Pop-ups with Selenium.
Environment: Selenium, Java KIF, Swift 4, Ruby, Ruby Mine, Quick Test Professional (QTP), IOS 11 iPhone & iPad, AWS, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential - Kansas City, KS
Selenium Automation Engineer
- Actively participated and Interacted with product management teams in the review and analysis of functional requirements.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document (BRD), developed Test cases and Test scripts for the application under test.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts and logged defects in JIRA.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing, testing manually on the first release of the application.
- All the test scenarios that have been satisfied with the functionality are moved to automation testing.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium RC and Web Driver using TestNG and Junit.
- Developed test scripts and test cases using QTP, Quality Center.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium using Java programming language.
- Involved in extensive backend DATA validation using SQL queries.
- Used SQL for querying the database for testing the business rules imposed on data.
- Developed the test scripts and analyzed the results in various stages of the application including integration, regression, functional and acceptance testing using Selenium.
- Repetitive tests were run using the Automation tool QTP for documenting the regression testing results.
- Involved in the Regression Testing by using Selenium after each modification and enhancement.
- Used Data Driven Framework to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using Selenium.
- Used Synchronization in Selenium to take care of the timing problems between applications under Test.
- Extensively worked on Selenium tools to scale and distribute scripts across many environments.
Environment: Java, Jenkins, Cucumber, Selenium, Maven 3.1.1, Eclipse, GIT, KIF, Android, ANT, REST, JIRA.
- Reviewed requirements and specifications and provided input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Analyzed system requirements specifications, developed test plans , test cases , and test data for testing the functionality , GUI, usability, user acceptance tests with both Positive and Negative Scenarios, especially focused on logical scenarios of the application.
- Created and updated test cases in Excel sheets and generate Traceability Matrix.
- Executed the test cases manually and automation as necessary, worked on Selenium .
- Used Quality Center to define requirements, design test steps, run as test set, report, track and close bugs.
- Executed test cases compared with expected values and pass/fail reports updated through Quality Center.
- Involved in UAT Testing and Used Quality Center to report bugs.
- Prioritized Identified defects and monitored bugs fixing status through Out Look Express, which was configured through Quality Center.
- Participated in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug and responsible for tracking of the testing life cycle.
- Worked with development teams investigated and corrected software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
- Involved in developing test methodologies, test plans and manual test cases for the application and prepared UAT test Plan.
- Created and executed SQL queries against Oracle database compared the results and analyzed discrepancies.
- Manually performed back end testing by writing SQL queries .
- Loaded data into Oracle using SQL loader and validated data.
- Performed database testing by passing PL/SQL queries and also executed the regression test cases before handed over to UAT .
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, Java, selenium, HTML, Oracle, Windows XP, UNIX, MS Outlook.