- Accomplished, achievement - driven and result oriented QA resource and to use my skills in the best possible way for achieving the company goals.
- Well versed with P&C Insurance functions and transactions like Submission, Endorsements, Cancellation, Rewrite, Reinstatement, and Renewals.
- Over 6+ years of IT experience in Data warehousing testing ETL, BI with extensive usage of SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting & HP Quality Center
- Hands on expertise in Data ware housing concepts and tools. Involved in the ETL processes where in the organizations were using Data stage, Informatica, and Ab Initio and Auto sys tools
- Good experience in data sources, data profiling, data validation, data migration developing low level design patterns based on the business and functional requirements.
- Scheduled and managed QA/UAT execution activities and defined, wrote and prepared QA/UAT Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Scripts.
- Experience in Manual and Automation testing of Web and client/server applications on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Highly Skilled Professional with sound knowledge and experience as a Business Analyst / Quality Analyst..
- Extensive knowledge in gathering and understanding BRDs (Business Requirements Document), FRDs (Functional Requirements Document), SRS (Software Requirement Specifications) and Use Cases.
- Expertise on identifying the Test Requirements based on User Requirements and Design Specifications.
- Experience in Quality Assurance Testing of web based and client/server applications using Automation tools such as Quick Test Professional.
- Experience in working with traditional SDLC as well as agile methodologies.
- Active participant of Scrum, Sprint meetings and worked various user stories/requirements chunks for testing purposes for each sprint/iteration.
- Expertise on identifying the Test Requirements based on User Requirements and Design Specifications developed in to Agile, sprit and Scrum environment.
- Extensive experience in preparing test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports,
- Performed Black Box Testing, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing of Web-Based applications and Client/Server applications using Mercury Tools.
- Good knowledge in Multi-tier and Cross-platform skills.
- Participated in team meeting giving the status reports for the team on test execution and results.
- Excellent team spirit and leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills.
REQUIREMENT MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Rational RequisitePro, QUALITY CENTER/ALM, Rational Rose, MS Visio
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, Spiral, RUP
TEST MANAGEMENT TOOLS: Quality Center/ALM, Jira, TFS
WORK FLOW TOOLS: MS - Visio, MS - Project, MS - PowerPoint, MS - Word, MS - Excel
DATABASES: Oracle, MySQL, MS - Access, SQL Server, DB2
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX, iOS, Android, Windows mobile
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. QA Tester
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and wrote Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Used HP ALM/Quality Center for QA /Developer collaboration for accurate defect management.
- Formulate methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Developed SQL queries to check the database automatically and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Performed automation validation of regression suite of test cases and reports.
- Helped to create Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements identifies all test conditions and test data needs.
- Conducted Web Services testing using SOAP UI Pro.
- Extensively involved in UAT support for their execution and Defect Triage.
- Performed Functionality testing, Unit testing, System Integration testing (SIT), Regression testing, web testing, compatibility testing and analyzed reports.
- Implemented Agile QA processes and practices, including defect and test management.
- Performed different types of testing like functionality testing, Black Box testing, Security testing, Smoke testing, Usability testing, System testing and Regression testing on Application Under Testing (AUT).
- Performed backend testing using SQL statements to check database tables for validity of various business transactions and database integrity.
- Revised test cases for new and revised features and capabilities.
- Updated managers and leads on various test reports after analyzing results
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UAT test cases, Executed test cases, Documenting Defects, resolved defects and Signed Off from Application.
- Provided weekly status report to the Project Manager and discuss issues related to quality and deadlines.
Environment: Windows, UNIX,, HP ALM/ QC, XML, HTML, SQL Server 2008, TOAD, Java, SQL, PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio, MS Project, SIT/UAT, Agile.
Confidential - Bolingbrook, IL
- Attended the iteration meetings and gathered the requirements of the applications from the User stories discussed in the iteration meeting
- Incorporated QA Activities in Scrum driven Agile Methodology
- Reviewed the Functional Specs to understand the Business Requirements.
- Involved in Testing Activities right from beginning phase of SDLC
- Involved in Testing Web based Retail & ecommerce Application
- Involved in preparing Test Plan, Test strategy to define the Testing approach.
- Worked as Team Lead taking Responsibility for modules such as Akamai Server, Discover Bin, Pinterest, Egift cards.
- Interacted with the client regarding Requirements and prepared High level Test Scenarios.
- Working in Onshore Offshore model by coordinating and communicating process, procedure and work to offshore Team.
- Reviewed the Test Cases prepared by the Offshore Team and made sure they cover the functionality as per the client.
- Configured the Testing environment for Test Execution.
- Performed Smoke testing, GUI Testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, End to End Functional Testing, Retesting, Regression testing.
- Communicating to offshore Team regarding the functionality to be Tested.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously and making sure that software product is build according to Quality standards.
- Testing the E Commerce website and as well as Application Servers.
- Validating the Source code, Pack files, CSS files and image files for the cached content
- Performed Testing of different payment methods and order processing for the Retail products
- Performing Testing on multiple browsers such as IE, FF, Chrome & Safari.
- Perform Integration Testing of Ulta Retail products onto Pinterest
- Performed Adhoc Testing and found multiple Defects.
- Performed Test Management using Quality Center.
- Involved in writing simple to complex SQL Statements against source database for data validation
- Prepared the defect reports and interacted with developers for debugging.
- Attended daily scrum meetings and updating the Testing activities.
- Reviewed the work of offshore Team and coordinated to the Project Management Team accordingly.
Environment: Cookie Manager, Oracle 11g,Windows XP Professional, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Quality Center 11/HP ALM.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Provided functional support to the technical team that provided analytical customer information systems for wholesale relationship managers.
- Reconciled and clean-up the technical group's server inventory that resides on various wholesale support applications.
- Assisted in the process of de-commissioning legacy wholesale applications.
- Multiple roles in support the wholesale data-integration effort between Wells Fargo and Wachovia banks.
- Project manager for the implementation of Cognos BI tools for CustDW data warehouse.
- Coordinated the activities of cross-functional teams of analysts, developers, and other project managers in support of the Cust DW data warehouse and the overall integration project.
- Composed weekly status reports, dependency graphs, and calendar-tracking for senior management.
- Contributed to the budgeting process for the CustDW and ADB roles on the integration project.
- Provided analyses to the technical team for development of the system/process to schedule migration of large wholesale banking customers.
- Utilized Toad (for Oracle) to determine exclusion criteria to apply to demand deposit & credit accounts for the migration to target systems-of-record.
- Supported the QA team in developing cases to test the PL/SQL processes that schedule the accounts (i.e., customers) for upcoming conversion dates.
- Analyzed business requirements to determine appropriate SQL for the query of data feeds from source systems-of-record.
- Worked with business to develop criteria for the segmentation of wholesale banking customers by income, location, size, and relationship for upcoming conversion dates.
- Composed BPMN process flows for the re-engineering of the inbound data feeds request and approval process.
- Configured Share point as the application by which the request and approval process for inbound data feeds are entered and managed.
- Composed report specifications for development of Cognos reports.
Environment: SQL, Windows, Quality Center, MS office Suite, MS Outlook, SharePoint
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
QA Test Analyst|
- Analyzed Business Requirements and understood customer and developed QA/SIT Test Plan using Testing Methodology.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM), Software Metrics, Defect Report, Weekly Status Reports and SQA Report using Quality Center
- Demonstrated QA Test Plan with cross-functional team to approve business logic and baseline documents.
- Created and develop Test Cases, test scripts and Test Data using HP/ALM 11 Quality Center.
- Testing ETL Informatica components by Executing SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
- Created UAT test scenarios based on the Technical Business Requirement documents
- Created and maintained test scripts in Quality Center and co-ordinate with the Data warehouse ETL group and other developers.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL Informatica mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mapping
- Wrote SQL queries to validate the actual result with expected result. Validated Adhoc Reports, OLAP Reports for Data Accuracy.
- Prepared Test Cases for the mappings developed through the Data warehouse ETL Informatica tool and executed those Test Cases.
- Communicated with Project Management to establish LOE of each phase of SDLC and prioritized QA task. Compose test scenarios, cases, and related data for UAT
- Developed SQL Script to validate Data Transaction in Front End Testing. Developed complicated and execute via Toad and saved Test Result.
- Did testing on multiple Informatica mapping for data validation and data conditioning.
- Tested the reports generated by Business Objects and validated the reports using SQL.
- Conducted UAT to ensure that application is user friendly and functioning to requirements.
- Extensively used SQL queries/Unix commands for data verification and backend testing.
- Performed System, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance and Data Center Acceptance Test in AGILE environment.
- Interacted with Business Analysts for UAT (User Acceptance Testing), and tested the possibilities of system failure with UAT.
- Responsible for different Data migration activities from Source systems to Target
- Wrote Complex SQL queries and PL/SQL subprograms to support the test case results, SQL performance tuning.
- Experienced working with Customer Information Data Mart for business reporting thru MDM. Tested and maintained the Business Objects universe and reports
- Used Quality Center for tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status
- Performs data quality analysis using advanced SQL skills.
- Used multi-dimensional models - Star and Snow Flake Schemas- for developing MDX Cubes. Assisted business & marketing team in execution of UAT by providing data.
- Interacted with upper management to provide daily QA status, discussed outstanding issue and upcoming project functionalities.
Environment: HP/ALM, SQL, PL/SQL, Google, IIS, Share point, Agile, UNIX, Shell scripting