- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance of both Manual and Automated Testing on web based and Client Server based applications.
- Solid experience in Selenium IDE /WebDriver/RC/Grid, HP ALM/HP QC, HP QTP.
- Hands on experience in testing Web - server and Client-Server based applications across different OS.
- Strong Expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Management and Testing Lifecycle Methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC) and extensive experience with QA testing procedures, processes, and standards.
- Performed Manual Testing using Test Strategy Development, Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect reporting, Test Status Reporting, Test Closure Activities.
- Proficiency in Functional Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications.
- Experienced in Selenium automation testing under Agile Methodology using TestNG Framework and Junit Framework.
- Expertise in Documentation of Use cases, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Metrics.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for Java based applications using Java, Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Quality Center, TestNG, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, Hudson, and Cucumber.
- Experience in black box, gray box and automation testing using Selenium -TestNG, Junit on web and client applications.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Proficient and experienced in Automation Testing for web interface by using Selenium Web Driver, performed parallel Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Experienced in Functional and Regression Automation Testing with Selenium for the Web based application.
- Used Appium for testing IOS and Android versions.
- Experience in using Quality Center to document the test plan/test cases and keep track of the defects.
- Proficient in testing tools such as JIRA, QC/ALM, Test Rail, and defect tracking software such as Bugzilla, Element-tool.
- Responsible for writing test cases and maintaining test scripts as per the business specifications and functional requirements.
- Extensive experienced in Analyzing requirements; writing Test Plans and Test Cases for positive and negative testing, using test techniques like boundary value and decision table; generating the Test Reports using generic functions; building the Test Environment.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing Junit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Performance testing, Exception testing, Compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web-based Applications.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like FirePath and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Developed and executed test cases manually and generated automation scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of QTP.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies very quickly.
- Self-starter and a team player with communication, interpersonal, positive thinking and mentoring skills and a good aptitude for learning.
- Extensive experience in Black-Box &White-Box Testing for Web, Database and Client Server Applications.
SELENIUM (8 years), SQL SERVER (4 years), SQL (8 years), JAVA (7 years), EXCEL (6 years)
Testing Tools: Selenium (WebDriver, IDE, Grid), QC/ALM, QTP, Test Director, Jira, Maven, Rational clean quest, Team Tracker.
Web Technologies: ASP.NET, ASP, VB, VB.NET, XML/XSL, Web Services.
Operating Systems: Windows UNIX, IOS, Linux.
Scripting Language: VB Script, Java Script.
Databases: SQL Server Oracle, DB2, MS Access.
Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, PHP.
Query Tools: SqlDeveloper, WinSQL.
Software Packages: MS - Office, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project.
Web Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera, safari.
Other Tools: JIRA, MS Visual Studio, Test Rail, HP Quality Center, Load Runner, Bugzilla, Mantis bug tracking.
Sr. Selenium Tester
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Analyzed Business Requirement Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Designed, developed and implemented MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Junit and Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using XPath in Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid for testing the application in different machines and with different web browsers at a same time.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections, which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework.
- Maintained selenium & java automation code and resources in SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Implemented mobile automation frameworks using Appium.
- Implemented Appium scripts to test IOS and Android platforms.
- Implemented UI Automator viewer in Appium to inspect elements in mobile applications
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Feasibility involved in Gathering requirements, studying the application and collecting the information from developers and business.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Used Selenium tool (selenium IDE is a plug - in to Firefox) to record and playback tests and then export the recorded test in other language e.g. html, Java.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SoapUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used JIRA as bug-tracking tool to centralize the bugs, Email notifications to the developers and also follow up the bug status.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Logged Defects in HP ALM with priorities and co-ordinate with Development team for fixing.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver/GRID, Junit, Ant, Jenkins, SoapUI, MVC, Eclipse, HTML, XML, agile, JIRA, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, HP ALM, Oracle, Windows
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed new and updated existing automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver in Java.
- Maintained and updated the Manual Test case, Test Scripts and Test Data as per the evolving requirement.
- Done java coding extensively for Data Driven framework and Keyword Driven Framework by using TestNG framework along with Selenium IDE, Selenium .
- Designed the test cases for the complete application modules.
- Prepared manual & functional test cases on web applications as per requirements.
- Peer reviewing of designed test cases.
- Responsible for Regression Testing, Functional testing for web - based application.
- Performed Regression Testing for every modification made in the application & new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Reported bug using Project Tracking tool JIRA.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Reviewed Business and Technical requirement documents to develop test scenarios and test cases.
- Involved in Database testing.
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and FirePath to locate elements.
- Created of stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Executed the Test Cases to verify actual results to expected results.
- Tested web application using TestNG and Selenium Framework.
- Involved in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Worked in Database Testing using SQL queries with multiple Databases which includes Oracle, SQL Server.
- Proficiency in automating test scripts for cross Operating systems using Selenium .
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated test cases along with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Involved in Web Service testing and validating the XML files.
- Performs in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application
- Assist in production of testing and capacity certification reports.
Environment: Java, PL/SQL, Selenium RC, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, Jenkins, Firefox, Maven, SQL, XML, Eclipse, JIRA, Oracle, UNIX and Windows.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Experience building automation framework from scratch using Selenium webdriver, JAVA, TestNG and Eclipse.
- Worked on Agile/Scrum Methodology involved in giving points to User Stories, Back log grooming, User story demos, attended retrospective meetings and worked on Iterations (Sprints) part of releases.
- Good experience on Test Automation using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG Framework and Maven.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI.
- Implemented open source tool Selenium Web Driver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Created and executed SOAP UI Scripts for the Web Services testing.
- Experience with Test Automation tools such as Selenium, TestNG, Jmeter, Junit.
- Experience in creating Cucumber BDD (behavior - driven development) framework and automating BDD scenarios in Eclipse using Java script.
- Written Gherkins and Java scripting automation test scripts to execute in cucumber.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver and cucumber
- Web Service testing (RESTful API) and Automation using Apache JMeter using JSON, XML payloads.
- Install and configure System Administration packages to QA environment such as Python, and SQL.
- Write SQL Queries in ALM to generate base data to excel. Summarize the daily, weekly and monthly status reports by test scenario, test case and test steps.
- Tested the workflow through the front end to backend using SQL queries to ensure data completeness, integrity and accuracy.
- Developed LoadRunner scripts for Data Creation and Functionality of SAP CRM, ERP via SAP GUI.
- Excellent experience of build tools like Maven and managing JAVA automation projects using them
- Configure the JIRA workflow for the project for improvement processes for screens, workflow procedures and reports of applications as per business requirement
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Eclipse, Test NG, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Maven, Jenkins, JMeter, Python, HP ALM, SAP GUI, HTML, XML, Agile, JIRA, ERP, SQL, and Windows.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Preparation of QA estimates, QA Resource loading, QA Scheduling, Test plan and Test strategy during the Estimation phase of BAU.
- Strong test management skills and experience in running large, cross - enterprise testing initiatives leading both onshore and offshore teams.
- Strong Knowledge on the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management and reporting.
- Work with Business Analysts (end users in our case) to get precise requirements for the user stories and accurately converted them into test cases and test criteria.
- Convert the acceptance criteria into detailed functional tests which in turn were used as requirements by development team.
- Extensive database testing and data conversion testing for the data conversion process.
- Design and build customized macros for testing data mapping and data counts for the data conversion process.
- Generate XMLs which are used for testing Batch Applications which does not have a user interface.
- Write product documentation, including online help user manual, and training materials.
- Design and conduct onsite user training classes. Was responsible for the manuals transitioned to service and support team.
- Involved in scheduling, status and estimation call on BAU to track and moved BAU to successful implementation in production.
- Strong in Analyzing Business specification requirements & Develop comprehensive test Specifications & execute them. Comfortable to interact with developers and business analyst regarding the test status.
- Daily tracking and effectively managing the test execution for each BAU (Business as Usual) with no slippage in time and quality.
- Preparation of clear test Summary report, Preparation of root cause analysis and mitigation plan for the leaked defects
- Hands on experience with System Testing, Functionality Testing (Black Box), Integration Testing, Regression Testing, and GUI Testing, Web application Testing, Unit and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, HTML, SQL