- Test Automation Engineer (SDET) with around 8 years of diversified experience in Java Development, with diversified skills in Manual/Automated/Database/Protractor testing of Client/Server and Web based applications, skilled in developing UI/API Automation tests using different automation tools on various domains such as Investment Banking, Healthcare, Finance, Telecom domains.
- Good working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Quality Assurance Process and Methodologies.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Script Development, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Log, Test Result and Traceability Matrix.
- Expertise in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Accessibility Testing, System testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing, end - to-end testing and Black Box testing methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge in testing all phases of SDLC and STLC and expertise in Waterfall, V-model, Agile with SCRUM lifecycles.
- Good Understanding on analyzing User Stories and acceptance criteria in agile methodology and attended different meeting like Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective and Reviews
- Excellent skills in understanding requirements and creating test cases out of Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, Java, Git Hub, Jenkins (continuous integration, Regression tests), Maven (Regression tests), Eclipse, TestNG (Regression tests), JUnit, Cucumber (BDD/TDD) and Appium.
- Proven ability in designing and creating loosely coupled automation frameworks using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, RC, Junit, TestNG, Maven, SVN, Jenkins tools.
- Experience in creating, modifying and maintaining new and existing Automation Framework Models (Hybrid, Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks).
- Experience in working with Unit Test Frameworks like TestNG, Junit by adding different annotations.
- Experience in designing and developing the BDD/ATDD frameworks and worked very closely with the scrum master, product owner and users to derive the Scenarios and created feature files, Step definitions and cukes test using Cucumber tool.
- Automated Angular JS applications by using Protractor, Jasmin and Karma using Java script
- Experienced in using Web-debugging tool like Fire path and Firebug for finding elements locator in Firefox and Developer tools in IE and chrome browsers.
- Experience in creating Page objects using Page Object Model (POM) and experience in maintaining the constant strings in properties configuration file.
- Experience in creating Reusable methods, using java collections and file input streams to retrieve data from Excel and Database with the help of APIs like Jxl, Apache POI.
- Experience in using source control tools like Subversion (SVN).
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration (CI) tools like Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script and good knowledge on Continuous delivery(CD) Process.
- Good knowledge in using Core JAVA Object Oriented Principles (OOPS).
- Built an automation framework which can used for automating web and Mobile Android applications
- Experience in Testing Web Services SOAP and Restful using tools like SOAPUI and REST.
- Hands on experience for defect tracking & defect management from the discovery of defects, submitting the defects with elaboration so that developers can recreate & provide the fix faster, retesting of the fixed defects & tracking the defect status in defect tracking tools till it is closed.
- Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL and performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Proficient in the tasks of bug tracking and reporting using Quality Center/Test Director, JIRA, Rally and Bugzilla.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation
- Excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Software Testing: Functional, Database, Security, Desktop Applications and Web based UI Testing, Windows and Web Services.
Technical Leadership: Estimations, Project Planning and Project Scheduling, Project Execution, Task Assignment, Tracking and Status Reporting, Risk tracking and Management, Team Coordination and working with various Cross Functional Teams, Impact Analysis, Change Management, Agile, Waterfall and Prototype Models
Testing tools: Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), Cloud Testing, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, Geb, Spock, Sauce Labs, UFT/QTP, APPIUM, SOAPUI, REST API, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, GIT hub, Jenkins, and TFS.
Languages/Script: JAVA, C, C++, Gherkin, Groovy Script
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
Testing Frameworks: Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid, Test Modularity, Business Process Testing (BPT), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Page Object Model, Cucumber, Junit, TestNG
Other tools: Jira, Rally, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Auto IT, Eclipse, log4j, Firebug and Fire Path.
Web services: SOAP and REST full web services testing
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS, Linux, Mac
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Cary, NC
Test Automation Engineer/SDET
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Development Team, Business Analysts, and End-Users for better quality testing. Worked closely with business team to understand the Requirement Document.
- Worked in Agile/Scrum methods for testing approach, attended daily Stand up calls, Functional Review meetings with the Scrum team, created Test Plan for different Sprints and Stories.
- Sprint Progress is tracked from Quality Center Dashboard. Status report was generated from Dashboard details and used to send the report on a daily basis to the Scrum team
- Participate in documenting Automated Test Strategy and assist the Testing Team with on-going Automated Test Execution
- Working as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases.
- Performed functional, regression and UAT Testing extensively used Selenium Web driver.
- Automated Test cases and Steps by using concepts Overloaded Function, Variable, Array (single and multi-dimensional) and conditional logic to make script more logical and Debug Java Script.
- Designed and developed automation frameworks like BDD/TDD/ATDD using cucumber and developed Feature files, step definitions and test runner with formatting
- Implemented BDD framework for the first time in the organization by writing features files, step definitions and closely worked with the Product owner using cucumber.
- Used core Java for the implementation of Automation using eclipse.,
- Used unit testing frameworks TestNG and Junit for multiple applications and used various annotations are used for the implementation.
- Maintained Automation scripts and responsible for code check-ins into GitHub.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework.
- Used Selenium Grid for various browsers to perform Cross Browser Testing.
- Created synchronization points in the application to deal with timing problems using waits
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Designed and developed tests for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Download and Configured Android emulator to work in our testing environments.
- Create AVDs (Android Virtual Devices) based on different Android Platforms .
- Responsible for writing test plan/cases for the android and IOS application.
- Automated Angular JS application Using protractor, Jasmine and Karma using BDD style describe, it and expect
- Used grunt runner and developed java scripts for various functionalities of one of the angular application, worked on ..specicfied files
- Performed the application compatibility in the Versions of Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer browsers using Selenium.
- Used selenium with java, frameworks, design approaches, and various effective implementation techniques.
- Prepared PL/SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletes of the records.
- I have done back-end testing by writing SQL queries and validating them against the database
- Performed Testing Web services SOAP and REST APIs using SOAP UI/ReadyAPi and java.
- Mapped all the Requirements with the Test Cases using Requirement traceability matrix.
- Performed Black Box Testing, UAT Testing and extensively used Selenium for Regression, Smoke, Functional Testing and data driven testing using excel file in Selenium.
- Performed System Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing on different environment.
- Generated reports using extent reports after testing mobile applications to analyze the pass percentages and failed cases.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Test Automation Engineer/SDET
- Analyzed Business requirement documents for creation and execution of Test Scripts, Test Cases and User Scenarios to provide optimal end-to-end test coverage
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created to define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Webdriver in TestNG
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool
- Implemented Test driven development (TDD and BDD) framework using cucumber tool with Gherkins Language
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using ExtentReports API
- Maintained user documentation with Selenium output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API
- Created automation scripts using Selenium Hybrid and Data-driven development framework
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases
- Prepared PL/SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletes of the records
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updating, insertion and deletion of the records
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting
- Tested REST and SOAP Services using SOAPUI and validated responses against the database
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment
- Used SQL to test Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data.
- Maintained QA/Test environments and assisted in build and deploy activities
- Communicate testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application
Environment: Java, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Firebug, Firepath, MS Test Manager, XML, XPATH, DOM, JIRA, Cucumber, GIT, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, SoapUI, Gherkin, Eclipse, Maven, Oracle.
QA Test Analyst
- Developed Test cases based on the technical specifications and business requirements.
- Prepared Test plan and Test specifications based on Functional Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications.
- Involved with Business System Analysts, Developers to define the testing requirement documents
- Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow.
- Used JUnit unit framework and Keyword Driven Framework in the project developed the Test summary reports for analysis purpose.
- Performed critical analysis of Online shopping applications behavior and usability of application.
- Involved in Updating Test plan, Writing Test Cases, Executing Test cases.
- Used Quality Center to write Test cases.
- Executed test cases manually to check GUI and Functional features of the Application.
- Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all defects to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution using Quality Center.
- Involved in Cross browser testing for customer’s convenience.
- Involved in Functionality Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Sanity Testing in all environments.
- Expertise in Manual Testing using in real time and unattended testing environment Attended reviews and walkthroughs to better understand the Requirement Documents.
- Tested the application across multiple operating systems and technologies.
- Analyze business process performance. Use graphs and reports to access performance.
- After customers placed orders we need to check whether the orders are placed properly I wrote several SQL Queries and joins to perform data base testing.
- Executed SQL queries on SQL Server in order to view successful transactions of data on the back-end of database for validating purpose.
- Lead the team through various test execution cycles for both client and server side components on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Used automated tools with Java and Selenium environment. Developed scripts using JUnit unit test framework for regression testing.
- Used Mercury Quality Center to write test cases and analyzed results.
Environment: Quality center, Microsoft .Net applications, Selenium, JUnit framework, Oracle Applications 11i, SQL, PL/SQL, Agile Methodologies, Performance Tuning, UNIX, Windows NT & 2000,SAP.
IT Engineer- Developer
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Involved in the front-end coding using Struts concepts like Action classes, Tiles framework, Dyna Action Form Beans.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC and EJB framework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
Environment: Java, JDK, Struts, Eclipse, Web Logic, Junit, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows, HTML.