- 7+ years of experience in testing of diverse applications on various platforms.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing, Automated testing and quality assurance of Client/Server and Web applications using Black Box testing.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, Test Case Procedures, Test Scripts, Test Logs and Test
- Good experience testing applications in Agile development environment including TDD
- Expertise in performing different kinds of testing like Sanity, Smoke, Black Box, GUI, Functionality, Unit, Integration, Regression, Compatibility, System, Performance, Load, Stress and User Acceptance Testing(UAT) of web and client/server applications.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing using Test Director or Quality Center in real time and unattended testing environment across multiple operating systems and technologies.
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Good experience in using HP service test and SOAPUI tool for web services testing.
- Experience in Defect Management using Test Director/ Quality Center. Experience with Mercury Suite Tools.
- Experience with QA Methodology and QA Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control. Knowledge in different automation tools like Win Runner, Load Runner.
- Good experience in using rational clear case and clear quest.
- Extremely involved in managing defect tracking system like Workflow and Bugzilla
- Recording test, debugging test, editing test - using Mercury Suite Tools, running and analyzing results.
- Writing SQL queries to extract data from various source tables to perform database testing.
- Good Knowledge of Backend Testing for validating database using SQL queries (TOAD, SQL Developer)
- Expertise in Deliverable Tracking Management(DTM), I-kit Tracking Management (Customer Request Management), ICRM (Internal Customer Request Management), Locker Management System I-Sense, Token Management application, Online Banking
- Testing worked at onsite location
- Coordinating onsite / offshore activities
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, Unix, MacOS
Applications Tested: Windows / C / C++ / Web Based (Java)
Automation Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, QTP, SOAPUI, HP Service Test
Defect Tracking Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla
Version Tracking Tool: Rational Clear Case
Languages: C, C++, SQL, XML, HTML
Documentation: Microsoft office tools
Domains: Deliverable Tracking Management(DTM), CRM (Customer Request Management), ICRM (Internal Customer Request Management), Locker Management System, Token Management application, Online Banking
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, LINUX, XHTML, CSS, Windows, basic knowledge of Informatica.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in functional design and requirement gathering from end users.
- Analyse User Requirements and Specifications and develop Test Plans and Test scenarios.
- Prepared the test Strategies, test plans, test cases, test Scripts, test Results, for both positive and negative Scenarios and mapped the same to Requirements.
- Web services testing by developing script using HP service tool (SOA - web services tool) & execution of test cases from Quality Center (QC)
- Importing WSDL / Service end point into Soap UI, building XML Soap request for a particular Contract and execution of request using SOAP UI tool for further debugging of issues
- Co-ordination with cross team to get the project requirements, gather and communicate the project status to the off shore team.
- Involved in daily meetings with the technical managers and development test leads regarding the schedule, resource management and activities tracking.
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts, Developers, and Database Architect in identifying the outstanding Issues in User Requirements and Specifications.
- Created and executed test Scripts using QC for System, Integration and Regression testing.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Made extensive use of Quality Center to create and maintain documents such as test plans, test execution and test results documents.
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
- Identifying the problems, prioritizing them and communicated the bugs to the developers using Quality center.
Environment: : AWS Cloud, Junit, SOAPUI 3.0.1, Mockito, Dyna trace, Splunk, HP Rum tool, Cavison, UNIX, SQL, Agile development environment.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Defined and tracked quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status
- Delivered quality process to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Ensured alignment between business operational strategies and quality assurance of our products
- Diagnosed complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Developed, modified, enhanced and implemented test plans designed to support new or existing business initiatives
- Executed Test cases
- Analyzed business documents and obtained clarification and updates as needed. At times, received business requirements documents, was required to update and correct the documents before the test cases were written.
- Perform Manual testing on Banking applications like Perform unit, integration, system, regression and acceptance testing.
Environment: : Quality center 9.2, JAVA & .NET web applications, SOAPUI 3.0.1, HP Service tool 9.5, UNIX, SQL, Agile development environment.