- Sr. QA Automation Engineer with over 8+ years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Developing Test Strategy, Test Scenario Design, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Test Reviews and Automation Test scripts using Selenium and Java. Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as Banking, Retail and Insurance.
- Good hands on experience in Quality Assurance in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Mobile Testing, Web services Testing, Web based application and Client/Server based applications.
- Good experience in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, writing and executing Test Cases, Task Scheduling, Manual Testing and Automated Testing, Defect Tracking, Test Coverage and Test Summary Reports and well versed in different management scenarios like Quality Assurance and Change control.
- Solid knowledge and expertise in Black Box Testing Techniques such as Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Comparison testing and Error Guessing.
- Proficient performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Functional, GUI, Backend, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing & UAT.
- Expertise on developing BDD automation framework from scratch with java and selenium Webdriver.
- Have good experience on Behavioural driven development(BDD) methodologies.
- Good Experience in Appium for mobile testing in Android, IOS and Mobile Applications.
- Expertise in performing Manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Expert in developing BDD/TDD/ATDD by writing Gherkins language with Cucumber tool and developed feature and step definitions and generating Cucumber reports.
- Developed Appium Scripts for Native, Hybrid and Web Application Apps in IOS/Android using Java.
- Automated android and iOS mobile applications using like Appium.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in working with open source tools like automation testing tool Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid, Web Services tools like SoapUI, Ready API, Unit testing Frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG, BDD Framework such as Cucumber and JBehave tools, Bug tracking tool JIRA, Rally.
- Implemented different automation frameworks like Data - Driven Framework, Keyword-Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Driven Development Framework/Acceptance Test-Driven Development Framework (BDD/ATDD), Page Object Model Framework, using Selenium WebDriver, Maven for many projects.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as HP Quality Center (QC)/Application Life Cycle Management (ALM), Rally, JIRA and Bugzilla bug reporting tools to track test progress, test execution and deliverables.
- Experienced in attending Sprint Planning meetings, Requirements grooming sessions, Scrum meetings, Sprint review meetings, Sprint Retrospective meetings and worked very closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters in Agile Projects.
- Hands on experience in using project building tools like MAVEN in adding dependencies by maintaining in pom.xml file and on version control tools like SVN, GIT.
Development Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Automation Tool: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Appium and Protractor
Unit Testing framework: JUnit, TestNG
Frameworks: Hybrid, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, BDD/ATDD, Page Object Model(POM)
Build /Integration Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, HP Quality Centre
Web Service Tool: Soap UI, Ready API, Postman, REST
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,DB2
Development Environment: Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN
Web Debugging Tools: XPath, Fire path, Firebug
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST
Operating Systems: Windows (7, 8, 10), Linux, Unix, Mac
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr.QA Automation Tester
- Interacted with Client, Product Owner and Development team to understand the User stories and Acceptance Criteria and gathered Functional and Non-Functional requirements for project release.
- Involved in Requirements gathering and reviewed Business Requirement Specification documentation and participated in preparing Test cases based on Product Backlogs.
- Implemented BDD through cucumber and created test automation framework with Cucumber and Selenium Webdriver.
- Used GIT for maintaining Code versions.
- Responsible for planning test stories for every sprint.
- Participated in execution of REST API services using Postman client.
- Involved in using BDD Framework to develop Cucumber Step definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Used runner classes in Cucumber to generate step definitions.
- Automated REST API tests in Cucumber/Selenium.
- Integrated with continuous integration tools like Jenkins to run tests after work hours.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform testing with Selenium Webdriver and Cucumber JVM.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data updates to various tables and data integrity.
- Involved in writing test scripts with java and executed them using selenium BDD framework.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and creation of automation scripts for web pages.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, GUI Testing, UAT Testing.
- Responsible for defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing in JIRA.
- Created tractability matrices, test and bug reports and other test related documents.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipses, Maven, BDD, JMS, TestNG, JIRA, CSS, Oracle, SQL, Html, MS Excel, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Jenkins, POM.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in Agile methodology reviewed the Product Backlogs, User stories Acceptance Criteria and Technical design specifications document.
- Developed Test plan, Test Scenario Design, Test cases, Test scripts from the data mapping documents, Functional Specification documents and mapped the test cases with the requirements for generating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used Selenium WebDriver and HP Quality Centre to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Performed Compatibility Testing & Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Hands on experience in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using automation tools like Appium
- Used REST and Postman to validate the response and requests of API services.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS, Android using Appium Tool.
- Implemented Appium Scripts to test iOS and Android platforms.
- Used Appium Inspector to inspect and identify the elements.
- Executed the Test Plans on web and Mobile as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Developed automation scripts for Mobile Native applications on iOS and Android platforms using Appium and Java.
- Performed regression testing on CI/CD environment.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing, Functional, Integration, Regression, System, Usability, GUI, Smoke and Backend Testing.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and captured the error screenshots.
- Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known as bug fixing using different tools like JIRA, Rally.
- Manually performed Back-End testing by writing SQL queries using SQL Joins.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Appium, Java, TestNG, AMQP, HP ALM/Quality Center 10, Jenkins, Kafka, Oracle, SQL, XML, SOAP, HTML, SOAP UI.
Confidential, Warren Township, NJ
- Implemented and executed Test cases on different browsers concurrently by integrating Junit Framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved with all types of manual testing like Functional testing, Adhoc testing, Smoke testing, Positive & Negative testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, GUI testing & Browser Compatibility testing.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries to validate the integrity of the database and tested database tables data
- Used SQL statements to extract data from the tables to validate test results in SQL server.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Developed test related documents including Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Automated the legacy applications using QTP, by utilizing the existing framework and added the objects to the object Repository and coded Reusable Global and Application related VB scripting functions.
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixing use JIRA test management tool.
- Tested Web Services using SOAP UI tool and Rest Client plugin for Firefox by consuming WSDL and WADL files and validated the response against the database and inserted assertions.
Environment : QTP, JIRA, UNIX, Oracle, MS-Office, XML, SQL Server, HTML, JIRA, Firebug, Eclipse, Junit, SOAP UI, RESTAPI, WSDL, WADL.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Skilled in Analysis, Design and Developing test cases for SQL objects verification and testing.
- Extensively involved in the project since the starting of Requirement Phase for enhancement to the system and for addition of new module to the system.
- Reviewed Business requirements for testability and usability.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Strategy.
- Involved in preparing and reviewing test cases for Integration Testing.
- Performed Functional & Module Integration Testing in case of In-House development application.
- Performed Performance and System Testing.
- Close interaction with developers to get updates and resolve defects.
- Performed data analysis using SQL queries in SQL plus, Oracle.
- Developed User-Acceptance Test cases and assisted users in conducting UAT.
- Prepared and participated in weekly status meetings, conducted walkthroughs, documented proceedings.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues resolve defects and set priorities.
Environment: Test Directory, QTP, Excel, Manual Testing, Test Plan.