- Over 10+ years of IT experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing of both Web and Client/Server applications related to Banking, Finance and Retail domains.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies
- Expertise in Functional testing, Manual Testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), System testing, Integration testing, Black Box Testing.
- Exposed to Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Ability to manage and track the Requirements through Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Participated in creating Test Plan, Test Strategies and writing Test Reports.
- Developed automated scripts in QTP and Selenium and build automation test suites for the stable test cases.
- 6+ years of experience in Automation Testing. Expert in automated test tools: Coded UI, Selenium Webdriver, QTP, UFT, SOAPUI, MTM,TFS. Worked with various automation frameworks such as data - driven or keyword-driven; enhanced the automated reusable actions, functions, database concepts etc. while bringing the perspective of a development background.
- Strong Database knowledge in SQL Server, Oracle 8, Oracle 11ii and MS Access Database development. Proficient in SQL, Database Triggers, SQL Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Experience in performing Test analysis, System testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load Testing, Database Testing using SQL and Web Services Testing.
- Expertise in Analysis of Defect Priority and Severity, Defect Tracking System, and Defect Reporting System
- Experience in writing SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Excellent in reporting defects clearly in QC, TFS and good in participating in defect triage meetings.
- Ability to work well in fast paced, dynamic team environments with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with time constraints while paying attention to details.
- Good problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skills.
Testing Tools: CodedUI, SeleniumWebdriver, Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Test Manager, Quick Test Pro, UFT,Quality Center, Loadrunner, Selenium, SOAPUI, WCF Test Client
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, VB, VB.NET,C#, ASP.NET, SQL, PL/SQL,WSDL
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Java Script and UNIX shell
Framework: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Office
Database: Oracle 11i/9i/8i, Microsoft SQL Server and MS-Access
Application Server: Microsoft IIS
Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/7, UNIX
Confidential, Alpharetta GA
Sr QA Analyst
- Actively involved in Business Requirements, Requirement Analysis and Business Analysis. Used Agile Methodology with 2 week sprint followed by a hardening sprint.
- Reviewed Design Documents and prepared Test Cases/Scenarios based on business requirements of the applications in MTM/TFS.
- Involved in testing initiatives across the project and independently handled end-to-end testing of several functional modules.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automation Testing.
- Successfully tracked defects using Microsoft TFS / MTM tool to detect bugs in executed test cases and also the back end testing with database based on the process.
- Responsible for Automating the Smoke and Regression Test cases, Execution, results analyzing and Defect Reporting.
- Involved in testing Web services using SOAPUI
- Involved in setting up web service xml output data using SIMULATOR
- Involvement in Automation Infrastructure development using Selenium Webdriver
- Enhanced Test cases using descriptive programming, java programming features, conditional statements, assertions and reporting
- Execution of selenium test cases and Reporting defects
- Conducting Data driver testing, cross browsing Testing and parallel test execution
- Enhancing the Test Scripts for Global Execution
- Have strong .NET developer experience, Microsoft Visual Studio experience and running unit test cases
- Involved in regression Testing using Selenium,Coded UI testing
- Administered compliance queries via Oracle, SQL to ensure data was accurately recorded.
- Performed rigorous Data Assessment to capture anomalies in the data Confidential multiple phases of UAT.
- Involved in Functional testing, GUI Testing, Smoke Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing and Integration testing.
- Communicated with the development team on the various issues identified and also to suggest enhancements as needed.
- Communicated with functional & business analysts in requirements gathering sessions for making sure that all requirements are met for achieving the required functionality.
- Worked with aggressive deadlines and was involved in round-the-clock testing of the application/supporting application team
- Involved in testing the Security Layers in ASP.NET for user authentication
- ADA compliance testing - AccVerify
- Smoke and Regression validations after each migration
Sr QA Analyst/Automation (Selenium/UFT/QFT)
- Reviewed Business Design Specification Scenarios, and Technical Specifications.
- Analyzed User/Business requirements and developed Scenarios and Test cases.
- Technical specifications, Review Data Models, and Data design documents for data changes.
- Performed Functional, GUI and Regression testing of the web-based application.
- Worked on backend testing, user acceptance testing, and insurance policies metrics.
- Identified Test scenarios for Automation for critical functionality
- Identified Regression Test Cases for each release based on changes and performed Regression Testing
- Log the defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way, tracking all assigned defects through to closure and interacting with members of the development team to resolve discovered defects.
- Experience assessing testing processes, creating, implementing testing strategies and SQA strategies using Agile-testing methodology in UAT phase.
- Good Experience on robot framework and Selenium by using Java.
- Providing assistance on the new features which are implemented by onsite scrum teams.
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed Test Driven Testing, data driven testing and GUI Checkpoints.
- Used ALM for Test Cases development test execution, defect reporting and status tracking.
- Used Soapui to validate Web Services which includes WSDL, XML validation, Soap Request, Soap Response and Data correctness
- Tested Batch processing on Linux boxes using Autosys and validating results on backend DB
- Communicated effectively with all levels including technical and non- technical staff and developed functional test plan based on business and functional requirements.
QA Analyst/Automation (Selenium/UFT)
- Perform functional, system, integration, usability, regression and browser compatibility testing.
- Interact with other groups to analyze and interpret Business Requirements into executable test case and Test scripts.
- Participated in SIT/UAT testing, updating test plans and testing methodologies, documenting bugs, reviewing defects and bug fixes, and tracking defects with JIRA.
- Extensively used HP ALM for documenting Test Cases and logging the Test Results.
- Involved in the development and execution of test plans in collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Conducted Functional and Regression Testing using QTP and identified application Bugs.
- Performed Cross Browser Functionality testing across different browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari in different Operating Systems.
- Participated in testing of mobile (both Android and iOS) and Web based applications
- Conducted sanity, black box, functional, regression, parallel, ad-hoc, and gorilla tests.
- Tested daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly batch jobs running Autosys jobs
- Tested various Reporting functionalities
- Established the Level of Effort for each SDLC phase by coordinating test schedules with project management.
- Gathered user requirements and help prepare functional specifications for customers.
- Involved in prioritizing project plans and deliverables in alignment with customer requirements and deadlines.
- Participated in daily walk through, Scrum, QA and project status meetings.
- Involved in Automating the Regression efforts for the sites using QTP. Optimized scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Experience in writing SQL scripts for data validation from various data sources.
.Net Developer and QA (Coded UI) Automation Tester
- Responsible for designing, coding, developing and implementing application
- Extensively used ADO.NET objects such as DataAdapter, DataSet, DataReader, and DataView for accessing the database.
- Developed XML Web Services in C# and SOAP for information exchange across applications.
- Extensively used ASP.NET server controls such as the Calendar control, DataGrid, DataList.
- Worked with custom and user controls, and web controls.
- Worked with ASP.NET Master Pages that were common throughout the application as well as content pages.
- Assisted in planning and development of the application life cycle. Studied and analyzed the business services, business process flow, and existing systems requirements.
- Designed UML Diagrams (Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams) in Enterprise Architect.
- Consumed and programmed Web Services in VB.NET.
- Extensively used XML in SOAP for data transfer across different systems and XSLT for transformations.
- Designed Adobe templates using Adobe Output Designer 5.5 for generating reports.
- Created Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers using SQL.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Used Benthic tools with Oracle 10g to write Packages, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and Views to handle data manipulation.
- Used Visual SourceSafe for source code management and version control.
- Performed Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Used the Microsoft Enterprise Library for the Data Access Application blocks and the Logging of the Application.
- Used SQL Server 2000/2005 to write Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and Views to handle data manipulation.
- Used SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 to provide highly customized reports in a real-time system.
- Developed ASHX components in the Web.Config file for handling incoming requests to the ASPX pages.
- Performed unit testing before sending the application to the Integration Environment.
- Extensively made use of WCF in making the calls to the database in the Business Layer
- As a QA Automation Engineer I was responsible for constructing automation test script execution framework with NUnit & Spec Flow developing automation test scripts Execute & Maintenance of the scripts with the workaround.
- Developed test script automation framework using Visual Studio as solution platform
- Wrote automated test methods using Coded UI Testing.
- Implemented data driven approach to avoid manual intervention during script execution
- Automated an data driven approach for creating journals with indefinite number of rows in the Journal template excel application in Coded UI Automation
- Expensively used Record, Play and UI Map Controls.
- Used Test Agent to test all ordered tests.
- Developed and executed automated test scripts using C#, which requires programming skills in C#.NET and other scripting languages.
- Executed automated test suites and analyzed test results to identify options for improving the effectiveness of automated testing using MTM and Azure
- Developed custom Quality Assurance Metrics and reporting solutions using C#, SQL, XML, HTML, CSS.
Environment: /Technical skills/Tools: ASP.NET, VB.Net, C#.Net, Oracle 10g/11g, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), QTP 9.2 and 9.5, Accverify, SQL Server 2005/2008, HTML, XML, SSRS, Opcon, ATS, TFS and SOAP UI.