- Hands on experience in all phases of the software testing lifecycle from Test Requirements Gathering to Test closure and well exposure to the different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Involved in developing Test Plans and Test Cases according to the Requirement Documents.
- Worked with Business Analyst and QA Lead in reviewing and analyzing the Business Requirements Documents and functional requirements.
- Created and Maintained Test Cases in Mercury Quality Center.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix and conducted Gap Analysis.
- Tested the implementation for file transfers and UI with WSDL and its mapping doc by verifying all the data elements populated correctly and displays on the UI.
- Tested Medicare and Medicaid transactions for authorizations and benefits
- Automating UI for better regression for unit and post prod releases.
- Interacted with the developers and other team member to discuss issues and reported the details of the bugs using Mercury Quality Center reporting tools.
Testing Tools: Win Runner, ALM, Jira, SOAP UI.
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MS Access.
Familiar Languages: VB, HTML, XML.
OS/Platforms: Unix, DOS, IOS, Windows 2000 and up.
Tools: MS Office, MS Project, Toad, Notepad ++, XML Spy
QA Tester, Nashau, NH
- Conduct or schedule meetings to gather requirements for enhancements with the business or systems analyst.
- Conduct a walk - through meeting/knowledge transfer with the business to make sure I understand the requirements well to draft effective test scenarios.
- Create a test strategy for the requirements gathered which will include in and out of scope information, test data, testing milestones, tools and applications to be used in testing
- Setup up projects, trouble tickets, change requests requirements into ALM requirements module in a structured and organized way by using specific naming convention
- Draft test cases or scenarios using excel or ALM
- Conduct test cases review with the Team lead, QA supervisor, business for approval.
- Transferred test cases into ALM for testing
- Cleaned up ALM for easy reporting and tracking changing test folder
- Write detailed test steps or script to be able to be picked up for automation
- Conducted defect or status calls if necessary.
- Tested EDI X12 file like 834, 837, 835, 270, 271 etc.
- Perform API Testing
- Performed integration testing applications that create letters for active, terminated and deceased members and verifying that the XMLs create the correct information on the letter
- Parallel tested the XML against its mapping doc to make sure the data is being transfer correctly
- Tested authorization for ICD 10 code
- Created summary report for the test
Software Tester/Analyst, Troy, MI
- Designed Test Cases from BRD, TDD, SDS etc.
- Designed and prioritized test scenarios and test cases that will provide efficient coverage for requirements.
- Performed Functional, Regression, and System testing for claims processing, members and providers.
- Involved in end-to-end testing of 834, 837, 835 etc.
- Query test data for testing and validation.
- Validated EDI X12 and XML transaction.
- Tested the HIPAA EDI 834, 837, 835 transactions.
- Performed Back-End database testing using SQL.
- Tested claims Benefits, Payment, Authorization, Pricing for both institutional and professional claims.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for test data.
- Executed test cases, logged and reported defects.
- Responsible for Performing Integration Testing.
- Attended review, defect and team meetings.
QA Analyst, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed, Revised and Created test plans according to business requirements.
- Developed Test Cases for manual testing.
- Participated in meetings with Project Team and Development Team to understand functional requirements.
- Created test cases based on functional requirements.
- Created and maintained Test matrix, Traceability matrix and Gap analysis.
- Performed manual testing for Functionality testing and GUI testing.
- Reviewed Manual testing methods and developed and executed automated scripts using Win Runner to perform Functionality, Security and Regression testing.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL Queries.
- Executed tests before and after bug fixes as a part of regression testing.
- Detected, Tracked and Reported using ALM and followed up with lead tester where required.
- Smoke testing the new builds for Basic Functionality Checking.
- Conducted Functional, Regression, System and Stress Testing
- Performed Security Testing Manually to check the application with different sets of data for Security and authorized access.
- Participated in weekly meetings, where test status and defects were discussed, wrote enhancement and modification requests.
- Involved in development of training material for user-acceptance testing
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with Development team members to discuss relating technical issues.
QA Analyst, Farmington, MI
- Review and understand the user story and design documents.
- Inputted into the creation of the test Plan authored by Test lead
- Created Test Scenarios, Test data and test Cases.
- Liaise with developers in the provision of business required / security test data.
- Review and execute Test cases as per on Functional and business Requirements
- Involved in preparing the Test Scenarios and test cases for different levels of system and UAT.
- Used Mercury Quality Centre for updating the status of all the Test Cases & Test Scripts that are executed during testing process.
- Mapping functional requirements with test cases in QTP.
- Identified defects and generated defect reports using Quality Centre’s Defect Module
- Tested application interfacing with Subscribers/Providers and claims in Facets.
- Analyzed and validate HIPAA 4010 and 5010 standards for X12 transactions, related to providers, payers, subscribers and other entities as well as 837 processing and submission.
- Wrote queries to retrieve data from data base and the verification data integrity.
QA Tester, Anna Abor
- Undertook static testing; and exploratory testing to gain better understanding and insight of the previous and ongoing project.
- Analysis and review all requirement, design and testing documents of the CC prime project.
- Write, review and execute Test cases as per on Functional Requirements, Use Cases, system design documents and domain knowledge provided by test lead and Project manager when required.
- Involved in preparing the Test Scenarios and test cases for regression testing out of previous project documents.
- Ensure full coverage of assigned functional requirements.
- Maintained strong working relationships with developers and testers on the project which helped greatly in the execution of cross browser testing, regression testing and retesting.
- Involved in coordination between the manual and automated testers and system administrator for the precise scheduling of test runs
- Worked extensively using SQL for Back End Testing and validation of data imported into the database.
- Write and review Test Cases as per requirements documents and design
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking, reporting and analysis.