- To obtain an administrative nursing position within an organization where I can use my knowledge, experience, and skills to allow me to improve the quality of care of the patient population being served .
Confidential, Norristown, PA
- Clinical oversight over a licensed 240+ bed inpatient behavioral health care facility.
- Oversaw 25 - bed acute psych unit, and 5 dual diagnosis units including chemical dependency & detox.
- Performed all duties of Associate Director for nursing in DON’s absence.
- Oversees the development, revision and implementation of department policies and procedures to assure attainment of goals and standards set by Nursing Department.
- Direct manager of all Nursing Supervisors/Shift Directors, and approximately 40 FTEs including Nurses, & BHTs.
- Trained and reviewed the performance of newly hired Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians.
- Ensured that employee performance met or exceeded expectations and that care services met the needs of patients.
- Collaborated with the nursing leadership team to keep the facility in compliance and helped the organization come back from three provisional licenses to full licensure.
- Assisted with the interview process of potential employees within the nursing department and reduced agency usage by 70%.
- Participated as a member of the Safety, Patient Safety, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Infection Control Committees.
Confidential, White Marsh, PA
- Acted as ADON of two long-term care units totaling 110 residents
- Overseeing that the health needs are met and that daily care is provided to 110 residents through managing a team of Licensed Practical Nurses and Nursing Assistants.
- Participating in interdisciplinary care conference and risk meetings to determine the plan of care for residents.
- Reporting to attending physicians and coordinating care with specialists, including making sure that labs and tests are scheduled and that consultations are followed through.
- Preparing reports and audits on wounds, assistive devices, bed and chair alarms, the roster/sample matrix, and incidents.
- Providing positive communication and quality customer service to residents and their families.
- Covering the building as weekend and evening supervisor as necessary.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Planned, Coordinated, and Provided in-service education to Registered Nurses as well as coordinated in-services presented by other departments and outside representatives.
- Provided Nursing Orientation for newly hired RNs.
- Provided initial and ongoing training of employees in all disciplines in the Electronic Medical Record system.
- Collaborated in the revision of patient education documents that are posted to the company intranet.
- Planned and participated in a Nursing Skills Fair as well as a hospital-wide Safety Fair.
- Helped develop and implement nursing skills competencies.