- Agile: Scrum/Kanban practitioner. Used Rally and Cruise control. Review and backlog meetings. Worked closely with Scrum Master to make QA focused on deliveries. Worked with Rally and monitored tasks. Experience in requirements, test and defect management.
- Load and Stress Test: Wrote Load Test Plans and Involved in Capacity Planning. Experience in managing work load set up to meet the client requirement. Created custom error logs along with load runner’s logs to identify the errors and bottle necks in load test. Has extensive experience in Load testing both in Load Runner, Performance Center, HP services and Silk Performer and Jmeter. Performed analysis and bench mark for J2EE, “.Net”, Web - logic, Web Sphere, IIS and Tomcat Apache on both UNIX and Windows environments. Has expertise in gathering requirements for load testing. Worked in Web services. Extensively used “C” Language in Vugen scripts and customized Vugen code and prepared template in excel for comparing test runs. Successfully implemented LR scripts in “Winsock”. Used True Client protocol for some applications where correlation was a challenge.Ran Weservices Test as and when demanded.
- Used many protocols like ODBC, Ajax True Client, Mobile, Web services. Created Coding standards and involved in process improvements. Conducted peer reviews in Vugen scripts. Used Performance Center extensively. Used work load. Used Jmeter and ran open source load tests. Used sometime Visual studio.
- Used both load runner controller and Performance Center (through ALM) and ran load tests.
- Automated Testing: Extensively used QTP/UFT using VB script and built hybrid and data driven framework. Wrote Project Independent Functions and created Libraries that can be used across everywhere. Wrote data and key word driven tests and created excel base frame work. Improved the QTP performance by using Regular expression check points and HTML Dom and collection methods. Created Coding Standards in UFT. Conducted peer reviews. Used VB script connecting Database and ran SQL and extensive experience in functional manual testing. Managed and Automated around 60% of manual test cases in Synygy.
- Selenium With Java: Used WebDriver Jar Files, Maven, TestNg, GIT, IDE, Junit for Cross browser testing. Used Firefox, Firepath and Fire bug, Eclipse, IE F12, Chrome for identifying element ids and names, located CSS and x paths. Implemented Selenium Hybrid Frame Work using Page Object Model and Page Factory. Used Maven and Jenkins and scheduled Test Runs.
- Manual Testing: Conducted Black and Grey box testing as and when needed. Found defects. Used ALM. Wrote testability matrix documents. Wrote and Executed test cases in ALM. Used JIRA and used Power point for presentations and MS Project. Wrote Macros wherever necessary. Created 50000 documents of different sizes and types for a manual file moving load testing that involved testing XML and XSD documents.
- Managed and worked extensively with both offshore and on shore teams. Trained the team from the ground up in Synygy and Dow Jones, Hands on lead or Manager.
- WebServices: Ran API testing on SoapUI as well as REST in many companies.
- Synygy: Responsible for the growth of department from two to 20 testers. Went to India and Romania developed QA team and trained them. Formed PTG (performance tuning group).
- Extensively worked in Unix, Linux and Windows environments.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Conducted Black and Grey box testing as and when needed.
- Used UFT for automated testing: Prepared Frame work.
- Developed Scripts for Creating Orders for Bids and Offers, Bids and Offer Wanted (RFQ); Used ECNs from Bond Desk and Knight Bonds.
- Did end to end Testing on Agencies, Corps, Munis.
- Specialized in Collateral Mortgage Obligations and Mortgage Backed Securities executing both internal and ECN orders against the depth of market.
- Specialized in Factor updates and Cusip Conversions and Trace.
- Started to develop scripts for Equities Trading.
- Automated end to end testing for the above including Rule92, RegNMS and Smart Order Routing.
- Ran load test using in several cycles in Load Runner and helped to identify the bottle necks during search of bids and offers before every release.
- Performed end to end functional testing searching for bids and offers, executing order, as trader matching, approving, rejecting, and countering when competing with the ECN offers.
- Archived all results (load test) in share point and placed comparisons between releases.
- Used Quality Center for writing and running test cases while logging defects in JIRA. Using SVN for management. Ran shell scripts for database and application deployment everyday (Tomcat and Apache). I have placed tons of defects in the application and always ahead of others in placing defects. Helped and trained other testers in Automation.
- Currently migrating to Test Complete (Python) and Selenium web driver for cross browser testing. Using TestNg for reporting. Implemented Selenium with Python and Java for cross browser testing. Independently managed the projects and automated around 65% of test cases through UFT and Selenium.
- Selenium with Java Hybrid Frame work. Initially developed POM and latter switched to Page Factory for Object repository using core Java and eclipse IDE.
- Read excel using POI jar.
- Hands on experience and good knowledge in various testing frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid Frameworks. Used Chrome and FF Firebug and Firepath to get values of element locators.
- Conducted knowledge transfer on Load Runner and QTP to the rest of the team on a weekly basis.
- Used SoapUI/REST for web services.
- Used assertions of Xpath,response,size, text etc. Various listeners like Table and tree.
- Configured to use CSV file for data driven frame work by modifying the properties. Through automation ran the test cases.
- Performed extensive negative testing.
- Used Groovy scripts as needed.
- Used Jmeter for some applications where we could not leverage Load Runner.
- Conducted back end testing through automation tools opening logs, kicking of Adaptors like stream adaptors, inventory adaptors, street quote servers, bid servers, bond desk and knight bond mortgage adaptors, pricing indicative servers etc.
- Worked closely with Fix Protocol for teaing the following: the following fix tags were often verified with the OMS Order Entry: CompID, SendingTime AllocID AllocTransTyp Value AllocTypValue Side SecID SecIDSrc Value Qty, TrdDt, AvgPx, Alloc Qty, Account1,Account2, AllocQty, ContractMultiplier,Coupon rate.
- Incoming Sequence Number and Out Going sequence number testing are closely tested in sequence with forced disconnect testing.
- Linux environment. Configurated servers and adaptors to run every day.
- Used Maven and Jenkins and scheduled Test Runs.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Automation Testing Consultant: Performance Testing and Automation
- Conducted manual testing of SDA, SDE, Federal Cash Central and Boxi applications and posted critical defects. Conducted Black and Grey box testing as and when needed
- Used UFT 12/QTP scripts to automate the above applications end to end. Created Function libraries. Built Keyword Framework from the scratch.. Extensively used and trained other testers. Conducted demos as and when necessary. Also, used SopaUI with XML WSDL. Used UFT (VB script ) to generate documents for load testing.
- Since FRB has many locations, they have different load testing tools.
- Toggled between Load Runner 12.2, Silk Performer 14 and Open source Jmeter.
- Used VB script to mimic load test where the above tools are not involved.
- Involved in Automation Meetings and brought process improvements both in Automation and load testing.
- Conducted load testing through ALM, Performance center, Load Controller, Silk Performer, Jmeter and Visual Studio. Identified clear cut bottle necks. Used C language to customize VuGen code. Created work load as per requirement and ran bench mark, stress, fail over, and disaster recovery and peak load tests. Prepared comparison between runs in excels creating a dash board. Wrote many custom functions like announcing the date of execution, web clean ups, data points notification. Conduced bridge meetings during load. Used Raw data points and throughput for every transaction to verify which is choking the band width.
- Used Selenium Automation for running the test cases on IE using TestNg and Page Object Model in a limited way to ensure if the application is up and running before developing Load Runner scripts as proof of concept.
- For some applications, worked on Linux and some in windows and unix.
- Used Maven and Jenkins and scheduled Test Runs.
Environment: J2EE, .net, web sphere, load runner, UFT/QTP, Silk performer, JMeter, Selenium, ALM, Performance Center, Python and ALM. Used Jmeter for some applications where we could not leverage load runner.
- Manual Testing: Fixed Income Offers both Internal and ECN. Placing bid wanted, placing orders tested end to end until drop copy. Used Verifix to populate offers in the morning running a specific scenario. Conducted Black and Grey box testing as and when needed.
- Performance and Load testing; Performance center 10. Running Load tests between releases Conducted stress testing, data populations through Load runner. Performance center. Manual Testing: Using ALM to run the test cases and used JIRA for defect tracking.
- VeriFix: Used it to create several scenarios and created offers and conducted a load test.
- The following fix tags were often verified with the OMS Order Entry: AllocID AllocTransTyp Value AllocTypValue Side SecID SecIDSrc Value Qty, TrdDt, AvgPx, Alloc Qty, Account1, Account2, AllocQty, ContractMultiplier,Coupon rate, CompID, SendingTime. Sequence closely tested in sequence with forced disconnect testing.
- Automated End to End using QTP/UFT extensively. Built the keyword driven frame work. Ran the scripts every day morning coveing about 60 % of test cases.
- Worked with Smart Order Routing, RegNMS, Rule 92 etc . Implemented Selenium Frame work for Bond Desk using POM in Java.
- Migrated to Selenium Eclipse since TW bought Selenium. Learnt Java. Selenium with Java Hybrid Frame work. Developed POM and Page Factory for Object repository using core Java and eclipse IDE. Read excel using POI jar. Used Data provider and Test NG. Used against Juno End to End Testing on cross browser and GRID. Used TestNg annotations Before Method, After method, Test parameters like After test, before Test, priority with description, dependsOnMethods, parallel running methods, Core Java Constructors, Extending Classes for Test cases, Over loading Methods, Using This key word to limit the variables use. Hands on experience and good knowledge in various testing frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid Frameworks. Used Chrome and FF Firebug and Firepath to get values of element locators.
- Tradeweb Securities application was in windows and BondDesk was in Linux. Reporting engine was in Windows (.Net). Used Maven and Jenkins and scheduled Test Runs.
Senior Lead - QA Engineer
- Manual Testing, Conducted Black and Grey box testing as and when needed.QTP. Enhanced Key word Driven Frame Work. Automated on Flex Application.
- Performance testing, extensively using Load Runner, Project planning, Resources Allocation
- Experimented Selenium IDE for limited cross browser testing.
- Linux and Unix environments.