Testing Tools: Selenium WEBDRIVER/IDE/RC, Soap UI, Cucumber, XPath, Firebug.
Reporting Tools: Quality Centre 11.0, Rally, JIRA
Frameworks: J unit, Test NG, TDD, BDD, Cucumber
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, Web Services, SOAP UI, Postman.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Centre, MTM.
Build/ CI Tools: Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
Databases: Technologies My SQL Server 2000/2005, My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g, Oracle PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD
Platforms: Windows 7/XP/8, UNIX, Agile
Guidewire Automation Tester
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- As a QA Analyst and tester I was involved in testing and validating PersonalLine(Auto/Home) business insurance policy processes in a SOA setting. Some of the major business processes in Policy Decisions is creating a quote, issuing a policy, endorsements, cancellations and renewals. These processes were tested and evaluated under various business situations that might initiate an action in other modules/products like PC(Policy Center) and CC(Claim center).
- Reviewed and understood user stories/ functional Requirements and various business requirements documents.
- Designed and executed Test plans and Test cases according to product backlog and user stories Identified and organized the overall plan for test data, strategy and the Scope of testing within the context of each Sprint.
- Performed Sprint level testing, Functional Testing, Systems Integration Testing, UAT, and Regression Testing.
- Participated in daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning Sessions, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Sessions.
- Involved in preparing burned down chart for measuring the progress of the project with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated to client/product owner in sprint review sessions that all requirements are met as per sprint backlog Interacted with developers, Business & Management Teams and End Users Prepared and provided status summary reports on system status, system changes, problems and potential impacts.
- Used BDD Cucumber Selenium with JAVA and TestNG as a Framework to automate the test cases.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Maven.
- Have been working on Guidewire ClaimCenter transformation testing project, Handled a team of 12 which includes Offshore.
- Interacted with different integrations services like Rating, Motor Vehicle, Address validation and Document & Forms.
- Performed Guidewire 's UI testing in Policy Center and Claim Center Screens for Personal lines business.
- Functional Regression testing the Personal Lines application to create policies and perform all policy jobs.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Tested various major functionalities like Policy Submissions, Changes, Cancels, Reinstate, Rewrites and Renewals in Guidewire Policy center.
- Performed Policy and Claim Center Integration Testing on various Instructions.
- Worked with developers by updating the defects and resolving them and tracking the status.
- Defects found during testing were logged in Jira (Project Management tool) Queried database using SQL queries to ensure data integrity and to validate the inserted and updated data Tested business integration between internal and external systems in a SOA.
- Reviewed Product backlog and updated task status in JIRA.
- Discussed with the team in identifying regression areas that can be automated Involved in creating the Hybrid frame work for automation testing using Test NG, Extent reports and Continuous Integration(Jenkins)
Environment: Java/J2EE, XML, JIRA, Windows Share Point Services (WSS), QTP, SQL Server, Oracle 10i, SQL, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Test NG, Soap UI, Postman, Guidewire Application suite(Policy Center, Billing Center and Claim Center).
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Web driver in Test NG.
- Developed test scripts for Web elements by identifying the locators using FireBug and FirePath Firefox plug - ins.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium Web Driver.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Maven.
- Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Firepath and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, J Unit/Test NG, Eclipse.
- Developed automated test scripts using Test NG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consists of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML Test NG reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Maintained user documentation with Test NG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Used data-driven framework with POM to accomplish a regression cycle which is robust and reusable across multiple applications.
- Utilizing knowledge of XML and experience of SOAP UI tool in Web Services testing in multi-tiered application architecture.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SOAP UI, Test NG, Firebug, Firepath, XML, XPATH, DOM, Cucumber, Jira, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, Maven.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Sr. Quality Engineer
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel using Apache POI Api.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and Test NG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum meetings, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL.
Manual QA Tester
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned project releases.
- Documented Test Plans and Test Cases using Quality Centre.
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Created Test Data for QA and UAT.
- Prepared positive and negative test data for the functional test cases.
- Written and executed SQL queries using Joins, Group By clause, having clause etc. to validate the data.
- Involved in Release support - Release to QA, environment setup, testing the release process.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure that all the test cases are updated in Quality Centre along with Master test plan.
- Tested critical bug fixes including critical fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting tight timeline.
- Involved in Backend Database testing in Oracle using SQL.
- Responsible to conduct Smoke Test and Regression Test in different Environments. Prepared testing reports.
- Supported and coordinated overall testing efforts.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, MS Excel, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, VSS, Windows.