- 5 years of IT experience specializing in Software Testing and Quality Assurance of various business applications on client server and web based environments in Timeshare, Retail/Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Healthcare and Banking Domains.
- Over 5 years of experience with Manual and Automation Testing, with 4 years in back - end (databases) testing and 1 years in Automation Testing
- Experienced with DB2, GemFire, ORACLE, and SQL SERVER; PL/SQL and TSQL; Used TOAD and SQL Developer tools
- Good knowledge and experience in developing web interfaces using technologies like XML, HTML, DHTML and CSS.
- Experience in Java/J2EE application .
- Extensively worked with testing Master Data Management and BI services.
- Extensively worked in UNIX / Linux and Z/OS environments
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC and STLC
- Excellent experience in writing Test Cases, Creating RTM (Requirement traceability Matrix) and executing Test Cases
- Reviewed and Developed Test Plans
- Extensively used Quality Center 10.0 and a good knowledge of HP ALM
- Extensively performed Web Services testing using Soap UI, Microsoft Web Service Studio
- Experience performing Smoke testing, System testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance testing, and Regression testing
- Proven ability to work in with a large, diverse team as well as independently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, priority driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent in on-boarding newly joined member to the team
- Excellent communication, analytical skills and a great team player
Knowledge: Thorough understanding of SDLC, proficient in PL/SQL, and good understanding of Java, Python, and .NET.
Qualities: Efficient, hardworking, and excellent team worker. Good interpersonal skills. Good at leading and delegating work.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Gem Fire.
Tools: Cognos10,Informatica 9.5VSTS, QC10.0, HP ALM 11, IBM RQM, IBM RTC, QTP 11.0 / 10.0, Jira, UFT 11.5, SAP ECC 6.0, Soap UI, Microsoft Web Service Studio, TFS
QA Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile
Operating Systems: UNIX, MS Windows, Linux, Z/OS MVS, AS/400
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Software QA Analyst
- Performed Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Regression testing, Functional testing, Integration, and End to End testing
- Extensively tested Cognos BI reports
- Performed Back-end verification using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2012
- Performed verification for the data stored in GemFire
- Tested both SQL and Windows batch jobs
- Performed web forms testing
- Extensively involved with Business in performing UAT testing and getting Business approvals
- Provided input in preparation of Test Plan
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Created test scenarios and test cases by reviewing functional design documents
- Documented defects with enough details like; reproducible steps, data used for testing, expected result, actual result, severity, screen shot with detailed description in RTC and TFS.
- Provided knowledge transfer to new team members
- Conveyed risks on issues that could severely impact project schedule in a timely manner
Tools: Used: RTC, SQL Server 2012, TFS, Cognos, JIRA, Agile, Eclipse, GemFire
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Involved in the preparation of Test Plan.
- Created Requirement traceability Matrix
- Creating Test scenarios and reviewing peers test scenarios.
- Creating Test scripts using RQM, Rational Quality Management tool.
- Performed smoke testing, regression testing of existing functionality of GFBO (Global FedEx Billing Online) Online application.
- Performed Functional testing of newly created Batch Jobs.
- Performed Back-end verification using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2012 and DB2 tools.
- Documented defects with enough details like; reproducible steps, data used for testing, expected result, actual result, severity, screen shot, detailed description etc. in RTC.
Tools: Used: RQM, RTC, SQL Server 2012, DB2, AS400, Java
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Extensively worked on Confidential PIMS System for publishing Master Data messages in both Test and Staging environment.
- Extensively tested PIMS/All Master Data Services (Existing and New Services) both on Test and Staging environments, which involved performing Smoke, Regression, System, Functional, Performance and End-to-End testing.
- Performed Back-end testing by developing and executing PL/SQL queries using Oracle SQL Developer, Z/OS Main Frames (DB2 Database), Microsoft SQL Server and Teradata.
- Involved in preparation of Test Plan.
- Reviewed Software Requirement Document (SRD), Design Document (DD); Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases using SRD and DD.
- Extensively performed Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing both in Test and Staging environments.
- Performed Regression testing of existing Batch Jobs, and Functional testing of newly created UNIX, Windows and SSIS Jobs.
- Extensively performed Data Transformation Testing from different databases to Confidential EDW (Data Warehouse) system.
- Extensively performed Data Quality Testing.
- Extensively tested Confidential SCW UI.
- Tested all the existing and the new Reports developed for Bakery/All Department.
- Created detailed Test Results and Test Summary Report documents.
- Documented defects with enough details like; reproducible steps, data used for testing, expected result, actual result, severity, screenshot, detailed description etc. in Quality Center Tool.
- Apart from the Bakery-FPR project, also tested the PIMS/Master data Services, RSM, SCW interfaces for the BizTalk 2013 Migration project.
Tools: Used: QC 10.0, ALM, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Z/OS, Mainframes, IBM Path WAI, XML, UNIX, JCL, BizTalk server.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Involved in preparation of Test Plan.
- Reviewed the requirement document and wrote detailed Test Cases by referring requirement documents, High level design document and User interface specification.
- Created test automation scripts based on applications
- Created Automation Test Scripts in Test Complete and involved in Automation Infrastructure Development in Test Complete.
- Implemented automation testing framework and maintained up-to-date the automated scripts used in regression and performance testing.
- Reviewed the Test Cases developed by the peers, attended the Test Case review meeting and with BA and fellow testers as per the review comments updated the Test Cases.
- Prepared the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) based on the requirements.
- Extensively participated in performing Functional Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Performed the Back-end testing executing SQL Queries.
- User defined functions were written according to the functionality of the application.
- Documented the defect with enough details like reproducible steps, data used for testing, expected result, actual result, severity, screenshot, detailed description etc. in Quality Center Tool.
- Participated in weekly scrum meeting with Developers, Business Analysts and fellow testers to discuss about defects and project status.
- Interacted with QA Automation team and managers to nail down the technical problems.
- Interacted closely with Developers, Business Analysts and Database team while resolving major and critical defects.
- Prepared the power point presentation on the module and presented to the team members and manager.
- Attended the change request meeting and documented the Test Cases for Change Request.
Environment: Java J2EE, Oracle database, UNIX, AS/400 and Windows, OS, XML
Tools: Quality Center 10.0, Quick Test Professional 10.0.