- Over 8 years’ experience in Software Development/QA testing (Manual and Automation Testing) processes. Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Script Development, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Log, Test Result and Traceability Matrix.
- Experienced in Testing various web based and client server applications across various domains like Banking, Credit Reporting,Supply Chain, Education and Finance inAutomation and Manual testing.
- Proficient in different types of testing related to White Box,Black Box such as integration testing, system testing, stress testing, usability testing, acceptance testing, regression testing and back - end testing,Curam.
- Good knowledge of Quality Assurance Process using the methodologies such as Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model, and Tailored SDLC.
- In-depth understanding of the cultural and organizational changes that are involved in an agile implementation.
- Experience with story-based iterative and test driven development,continuous integration and acceptance testing.
- Extensive knowledge in understanding SRS (Software Requirement Specifications) and AUC (Application Use Cases) and writing test cases from it.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Compatibility Testing.
- Result-driven Quality Assurance professional with solid knowledge in manual and automated software testing and extensive experience in software development methodologies including both Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and Waterfall models
- Experience in working Agile Methodology (Scrum) and used JIRA to write the Acceptance Criteria.
- Extensively used HP ALM, Microsoft Test Manager(MTM) and Team Foundation Server to write and execute Test Cases on Eclipse and visual studio.
- Involved in Testing in Agile Development Env. Using TDD and ATDD approach.
- Agile responsibilities include managing Scrum ceremonies such as daily stand up, release planning, sprint planning, review and retrospectives.
- Ability to perform triage for basic to medium complexity defects, which includes detection, risk assessment, documentation and retesting.
- Expertise in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experienced in Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing, Sanity, Shakeout, Integration, Regression, Functional, Front End and Back End Testing.
- Experience in designing documenting and executing test plans, test harness, test scenarios / scripts and test cases for manual, Automated and Bug tracking tools.
- Expert in identifying test scenarios & performing various testing like Unit testing, Sanity Testing, Regression Testing, Adhoc testing, System level and data level testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing.
- Punctual to provide timely and accurate feedback to management and development teams regarding product quality to achieve scheduled targets.
- Expert in STLC (Software Testing life cycle) and SDLC(Software Development life cycle) including developing Test scenarios, Test Suites, Test cases, Test Data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting manual and automation tests.
- Expertise in Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, Java, Jenkins &UDeploy (continuous integration, Regression tests), Maven (Regression tests), Eclipse, Cucumber, TestNG (Regression tests), JUnit, Jmeter, JBehave, jMock and NUNIT.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks such as Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework for various projects.
- Used Source/Version controls such as SVN, Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Experienced various types of AUT (Application under Test) such as GUI, Functional, Regression, System Testing and Performance Testing. Proficient in Cross Browser Testing and Cross Operating System.
- Expert in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Tools such as Cucumber to write Features, Steps and Step Definitions and Test Driven Development (TDD) Tools such as Maven, TestNG, Junit and Jmock,Gherkin.
- Experience in using TestNG Case priority, TestNG Parameters and DataProvider with TestNG.xml to perform Data Driven Testing. Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j.
- Involved in the Design and implementation of different Automation frameworks like Keyword Driven Framework, Data Driven Framework and Hybrid Framework for various projects.
- Experience working in a global, multilingual organization
- Used Apache POI to read data from external sources like Excel Spread Sheets to feed locators into the test script and also to configure the Test Framework. Experienced using various TestNG Annotations like BeforeSuite, AfterSuite, AfterMethod, AfterTest and configured Parallel Processing using TestNG xml.
- Experienced writing and executing CRUD SQL statements. Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL performed Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing. Expert in developing complexSQL Queries, with various kinds of joins.
- Expert in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), systems lifecycle development, project management, quality and management. Assessed quality, design and implement solutions to improve quality within the department.
- Experienced with web services testing using SOAPUI tool. Testing the API’s as well as validate the data returned thru web services responses. Knowledge of XML, Schema, WSDL, WADL, XPATH. Experience with Service Oriented Architecture using SoapUI Pro tool to test web services.
- Responsible for UI, Functional, Web Services, cross browser, Automation, SOA, applications.
- Experienced in Test Management, Defect Tracking and Project Management tool JIRA as repository for maintaining Test Cases, execution and tracking the defects.
- Knowledge of Mobile Application testing using Appium.
- Experience in reporting applications higher-risk aspects, setting priorities and determining scope and limitations of tests.
- Experience with IGRFX, Alliance Marketing Software (AMS), JIRA, Test tools, MySQL, TOAD, Jasper and ERD viewing tools.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, SOAPUI, SVN, Appium, TFS and telerik
Frameworks: Page Object Model, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Testing, Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, log4j
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs
Test Build and Integration tools: Jenkins, Maven
Programming Languages: Java, C#
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Unix.
Databases/Database tools: SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g, MySQL, DB2, SQL, TOAD
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, ALM, JIRA
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, Xpath, CSS
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Word
Other Utilities: Eclipse, PL/SQL, GIT, Flexcube, Sql developer, Autosys, BMC remedy, AWS, Sauce Labs, Putty
Types of testing: Manual Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Localization Testing, And Hoffman Box Testing.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Performed software testing of web based Confidential application on multiple browsers.
- Documenting defects and retesting defect fixes.
- Analyzed the requirements for Weekend Operations and written detailed test cases for Web and Mdot.
- Responsible to setup the project, document and execute the test cases in HP ALM.
- Developed automated tests using Java (Selenium WebDriver) in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing (Jenkins &UDeploy) and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Responsible to develop the test cases for My Choice enrollments for the Confidential Enterprise Releases.
- Reviewed the requirements and managed Test Artifacts in the SharePoint.
- Written Test Cases for Confidential My Choice Weekend Operations enhancements, Change Requests for Confidential My Choice Alerts.
- Designed, implemented and delivered: scalable, maintainable, configurable, portable and robust test automation frameworks. Created automation framework using Hybrid Framework-Data Driven and Keyword Driven Framework to test web application. Used Maven build tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
- Regression Test using Jenkins and TestNG to verify whether modifications made in the application have not caused unintended adverse side effects. Identified the Correct Web-Elements using various element locators in selenium like ID, Name, Link, Partial Link Text, Xpath, CSS, DOM in creating automation Scripts. Used various TestNG Annotations Such as BeforeSuite, AfterSuite, BeforeMethod, AfterMethod, BeforeTest, AfterTest, BeforeClass, Afterclass and configured Parallel Processing using TestNG xml.
- Creates performance test approach and strategy from system requirements and design documents.
- Drafted, tracked, reviewed and analyzed defects using Serena Defect Management tool.
- Used Xpath and DOM to identify the dynamic Web Elements on the application Web pages.
- Experienced with handling multiple windows using the window handle and also used the SwitchTo method to handle the Popups’. Analyzed test results, tracked the software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Experienced in developing BDD and TDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for Gherkin based features.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Used Apache POI to read data from external sources such as Excel Sheets to load the data.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- SVN as the source repository and performed code review, fix issues and update the offshore team to follow the specified standards for the project.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath.
- Tested JSON Web services for creating deleting modifying a big set of pools and Products, bywriting pure white box test cases.
- Involved in daily standup meetings and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project and coordinating with the offshore team on the current status.
- Involved in testingWeb services(SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM). Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in different environments and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Experience in Json for testing Mobile Applications
- Developed Test Cases using WSDL, Schema files which defines Web Service Request, Response, methods/operations, End Point of web service to be tested.
- Performing Regression test using automated testing toolFitnesse and Selenium.
- Participated in all testing activities in order to meet overall software release goals: Test Planning (Functional, Integration, Load/Performance, Acceptance, Regression, etc.), Test Case design, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Defect Tracking, Error Handling, Test Environment evolution and maintenance, etc.
- Tested Web Services using Soap UI.
- Designed both white box and black box testing.
- Extensive experience in testing code using Fitnesse.
- Created manual Test Cases in HP QC/HP ALM for various User Stories based on Release and Sprint Plan.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process.
- Implemented Parameterization using XML and Data Providers for Data Driven Framework using Java, POI and TestNG. Performed mouse movements using Selenium Actions API. Implemented web element locators using Selenium API - By ID, Class, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath and Link.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using TestNG.
- Involved in White Box and Black Box Testing.
- Execution of automated test scripts using tools JMeter based on business/functional specifications.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Performed monthly load testing for different subject areas like Issuer, Issue, SF and Sovereign.
- Involved in verification of manual update files for different subject areas. Involved in Smoke testing, Sanity Testing ands Testing. Involved in verifying data in application through SQL queries against the Business Rules.
- Actively interacted with the end users, development team and conducted meetings for clarifications.
- Coordinated with Developers to resolve any open defects by replicating the scenarios in debug mode.
- Involved in Regression Testing on DEV / QA / UAT Environments. Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports. Managed project artifacts using SharePoint
Environment: Selenium Web driver 2.0, Selenium IDE, JIRA, Microsoft Office Excel, Toad for Oracle 11g,Eclipse, Java, TestNG, Jenkins and Maven,Json,Jmeter, TortoiseSVN, WSDL, SharePoint,HP ALM, Mercury/HP Quality Center, Gherkin, Soap UI, BDD & TDD, Rest API, Fitnesse.
Confidential, Charleston, SC
- Involved in daily stand-up meetings to review the progress of the testing and issues.
- Performed Comparison and Regression Testing at the end of each sprint before the review meeting.
- Version controlled the project artifacts in Microsoft SharePoint.
- Attended Project Meetings with Cross Functional Teams, to discuss about the new features that will be implemented during the respective sprints and documented them as User Stories with Acceptance Criteria.
- Conducted Backend Testing on SQL Server to retrieve the data.
- Actively involved in 6 Releases as part of 8 Sprint Cycles.
- Interacted with developers to explain when required the software bugs and re-testing the fixed issues.
- Used Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server (TFS) to Create Test Cases, Log Bugs and Generate Reports.
- Performed end-to-end software testing at various stages of application development by applying Business/Use Cases for BlackBox, White Box, Security, Smoke, Volume, Configuration.
- Created and verified GUI, bitmap, text and Database checkpoints, URL Links and synchronization points of the application using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Worked on Testing Web Application which uses Restful Web services, XML, DOM, JSON.
- Tested Web services (SOAP and REST) using SOAP UI & HP Service Test and applications complete business flow
- Executed test cases and test scripts for manual and automation testing. Defects are raised in the HP Quality Center/HP ALM for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Well versed in handling Elements in Selenium Webdriver.
- Followed in Agile/Scrum process and participated in Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Demos and Retrospectives and next Sprint Planning discussions.
- Defect logging, assignment and tracking through Microsoft Test Manager.
- Analyzing functional and system specifications and developed detailed System Test Plans, including Test Cases for different modules present in the eThority application using Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Test use case execution for new functionality, regression testing and retesting defect fixes.
- Performed walkthroughs and involved in review meetings.
- Good understand with Web Services and expert in writing test cases and executing Web Services using SOAP and REST protocol on SOAPUI.
- Actively interacted with the dev team and conducted meetings for clarifications.
- Involved in Preparation of Test cases based on Backlogs.
- Actively involved in manual testing of test cases for IRS Reports such as 1094-C and 1095-C.
- Reproducing defects and retesting from existing defect reports.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated testing of applications developed on Windows, iOS and Android operating systems using Appium.
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Performed integration and functional testing for different applications.
- Wrote Test cases for different functional modules of the applications
- Evaluate Non-Functional Requirements and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, volume projections, etc.
- Developed automated test cases for all manual tests cases provided.
- Experienced in writing JUNIT Test cases for Java applications.
- Developed several REST web services supporting both XML and JSON to perform tasks such as remote thermostat and demand-response management. REST web services leveraged by both web and mobile applications.
- Developed Keyword Driven to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing features and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, and Junit.
- Proficient in Functional Testing Tool Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT) and the various frameworks in QTP/UFT.
- Used Selenium Takes Screenshot API.
- Experience in testing CURAM V6 applications
- Actively participated in mentoring the team.
- Technical and functional specification documents for manual and automated requirements in QA Life cycle using Quality Center and Application Life Cycle Management ALM.
- Involved in creating, updating and executing of Test Cases according to requirements.
- Involved in preparation of test plan for every product created, updated stories and tasks in JIRA.
- Involved in GUI, Functionality and Regression Testing.
- Develop optimized UFT/QTP scripts for regression testing with data sources.
- Actively participated in daily Status calls, Retrospectives and Team meetings.
- Defect tracking was done in JIRA.
- Worked with client to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology to resolve questions during the testing process.
- Performed GUI smoke/sanity tests and regression tests for each test cycle, build and release.
Environment: : Selenium Web driver 2.0, Selenium IDE, JIRA, Microsoft Office Excel, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven & Microsoft Hyper V (Virtualization), WSDL, WhiteBox Testing . Java, SharePoint,protractor,HP ALM, HP Quality Center,UFT, .Net, Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager, SQL Server, Web logic, Windows 7, Curam,Restful API, Appium, C#, JSON.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
- Compared and analyzed actual results with expected results and reported the deviations to appropriate individuals for resolution.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Created front end Regression, Smoke testing frameworksusing Selenium Webdriver written in Java utilizing TestNG.
- Performing Cross-platform, Functional, Regression testing, UI testing for mobile app using Appium test automation framework.
- Experienced on demonstrating the Automation Framework in QTP/UFTto client and driven project status calls with client.
- Involved in testingWeb services(SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI, HP Service Test for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Performed hands on testing on web based applications such as Fraud Risk and Cards Authorization Application, Credit line Decrease (CLD), Credit Line Increase (CLI).
- Interacted with business analysts to understand the existing and new Business Rules.
- Developed the RTM by mapping the Test cases and the requirements and maintained the RTM in SharePoint.
- Executed and tracked entire testing efforts through JIRA.
- Work with other engineers in an agile environment to drive improvements in code quality via code reviews, White Box, and black Box testing (automated and manual)
- Reviewed Business Requirements Documents and analyzed User Requirements and Functional Specifications to write detailed Test Cases in ALM.
- Developed web services automated scripts from API document to verify RESTful web service calls using XML and JSON format.
- Used Gherkin languages to write features and scenarios.
- Involved in Parallel and Cross Browsing Testing using Selenium GRID and TestNG.
- Attended Weekly Status meetings, Walkthrough meetings, QA meetings, and bug review meetings.
- Prepared the test data for UAT testing.
- Managed documentation using Confluence.
- Experience in creating an Enterprise performance testing roadmap.
- Performed Integration, System and Regression Testing.
- Checked the log files for real-time error messages to pin point the problem.
- Opened SPR’s (Software Problem Reports) by using JIRA.
- Reported testing status on daily basis to the Test Lead and PM.
- Executing manual and automating test cases in a distributed environment including HTML, web services, and Selenium Grid, Apache-Maven, client/server and database applications.
- Created back-end API test framework using Java and apache commons libraries.
- Review test scripts generated by other members of the QA team.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers. The workgroup consists of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Maintained user documentation with screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from CSV and TestNG XML files.
- Developed Jmeter based load testing framework.
- Involved in design and development of keyword-driven automation framework using Selenium Webdriver.
- Maintained Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
- Defect tracking was done in Quality Center and ALM.
- Actively interacted with the onsite team, development team and conducted meetings for clarifications.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Used Appium with Selenium JAVA, Selenium C#.
- Involved in verifying data in application through SQL queries against the Business Rules.
- Raised defects while doing System Integration Testing, defect tracking and regression testing.
- Created and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Database as source of Test Data.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Involved in Unit Testing, handled issues in System Testing and UAT.
- Developed the RTM by mapping the test cases and the requirements.
- Developed Keyword Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files.
- Assisted in developing system test plans and documented Test cases after reviewing business requirements and technical specifications documents.
- If any defects are found during the testing, logged them into defect tracking tool (Clear Quest) and prepared the test data.
- Reviewing System Requirements to define testing scope for various levels of testing Performed GUI(Functional, System, Regression and UAT).
- Developed Test Objectives and Test Plans.
- Participated in defect review meetings.
- Maintained the Test Data in SharePoint and provided access to the respective project/business stakeholders.
- Reported and Tracked Defects using QC.
- Design and Developed automated functional Test suite using FitNesse, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC and WebDriver.
- Used Selenium IDE to record and convert them to FitNesse Script.
- Upgraded Fitnesse automation test cases to Selenium Script.
- Experienced with Behavior Driven development (BDD) and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Performed Functional testing for Web based applications through Mobile Devices, System Test, Regression testing and End-to-End Testing, Smoke testing & Production testing.
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Docs outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for Functional, Regression, UAT, Cross Browsers/ Cross Platforms Testing.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Created JUNIT TestCases, Test Suites using JUnit for Java Service Layer which was developed using Spring, Persistence layer using Hibernate.
- Participated in Sprint Planning,Sprint Demo, Stand-up, Walkthrough and Weekly Automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Extensively executed SQL Queries on database tables to verify the database.
- Experienced with Content Management System (CMS) by WordPress.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Developed and Executed JUnit Test Cases using Eclipse IDE.
- Worked with developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Worked closely with development and project management teams for effective defect management and verify resolved bugs and track enhancements made to product.
- Experienced with bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Design and build testing tools for automated unit, functional, and performance testing.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Specification Document and the technical specification of the application.
- Created manual Test Cases and Test Scripts to perform Functional and Regression testing.
- Worked with developers to communicate regarding issues in the application.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL, PL/SQL statements.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle phases.
Environment: HP QC, VB.Net, XML, FitNesse,Java Script, SharePoint, Windows-NT, TSO/ISPF, Oracle, DB Triggers, PL/SQL, MS-Office,SQL, Windows, Oracle 8, JMeter.