- Proven Technical Expertise in a Career Spanning over 5 Years of IT
- Technically sophisticated and business - savvy professional with a pioneering career reflecting strong technical qualifications coupled with “hands-on” experience in Software Quality Assurance, Automated Functional Testing & Regression Test Engineering.
- Maintain focus on achieving bottom-line results while formulating and implementing advanced technology and business solutions to meet a diversity of needs.
- Manual tester
- Quality Center, ALM
- SQL Developer,TOAD
- Web Service testing
- Functional testing
- Regression testing
- Automation Process, Methodology & Best Practices
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in Writing Test Plans, Developing Test Scenarios along with Test Cases, Test Procedure, with reference to Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specification & Technical Specifications to meet Functional SLAs
- Strong knowledge and experience in Quality Center, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), and Jira for test management and defect tracking.
- Hands on experience with Business analysis, Requirement analysis, Technical and Functional requirements.
- Involved in Test planning (release, iteration) estimation and communicating test program status to management.
- Perform statistical reporting, documentation and constantly review and improve deliverable to make it integrated and reliable.
- Have good experience in Back-End testing using TOAD and SQL Developer tool.
- Develop and manage test project schedules, risk assessment, manage scope and resource changes and monitor progress against plan.
- Expertise in analyzing and understanding Business specifications, testing requirements and Developing detailed Test plans, Test cases, Test scripts, Test Scenarios and Traceability Matrix.
- Experience in developing and maintaining QTP functional scripts for regression testing including dynamic parameterization using datasheets, database tables Regular Expressions, file system object, VBScript classes/objects, Recovery scenarios and Checkpoints, Synchronization points.
- Used Descriptive Programming for object identification and created and maintained Function Libraries.
- Experience in using Service Test and SOAP UI for testing of SOA environment.
- Experience in implementing Data Driven Framework for web services testing using SOAPUI and Service Test.
- Proficient in analyzing existing systems and designing Test Guidelines, Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Specification for the proposed business and system requirements.
- Expertise in preparing Traceability Matrix and Release Notes documents which provides various testing services for 24/7 for internal client applications.
- Well-versed in Software development which follows water fall and agile methodologies.
Primary Skills: Web Application Testing, Web Services Testing, Automation Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Database testing
Testing/Automation Tools: SOAPUI (SOAP and REST services), Test Director, Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT), Quality Center/ALM, Test Complete, SOAP UI, Restful, ParasoftSOAtestJUnit, Splunk, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, TrackMe
Test Management Tools: QC/ALM, JIRA, Zephyr
Programming languages and Web Tools: SQL, JDBC, HTML, XML, C, C++, VB Script, Shell Scripting
Business Modeling Tools and Methodologies: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), UML, STLC, Agile, Waterfall, TFS
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server7.0/2000, MySQL, DB2, SQL Plus, Toad
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/XP/7, Unix (Sun Solaris, Linux, HP-UX)
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Good Understanding of SDLC, Test Processes, Methodologies and follow Standards and Best Practices for Testing Purpose.
- Involved in Project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Performed review and analysis of functional requirements and test plan design documentation.
- Developed test scenarios & cases based on functional business requirement specifications and design documents.
- Linking requirements to test cycles, test coverage and mapped defects in Quality center/ALM
- Involved in defect tracking and linking issues using Jira.
- Performed Multi cross browser testing and maintained documentation on different types of testing like positive, negative, functional and regression testing.
- Identified automatable test cases and coded the script for the automatable test cases.
- Tested database using Structured Query Language (SQL), Joins, PL/SQL stored procedures & Triggers.
- Designed and maintained automation framework, shared repositories and function libraries using UFT/ALM.
- Involved in code debugging and pointing to specific issues and finding defects patterns using Splunk.
- Developed VB scripts based off manual test cases, created Automation SOP, performed automation regression run for the assigned automation scripts using UFT/ALM.
- Collection of exported excel reports from the local machine, saving them on central repository.
- Always cross checking the automation results by performing backend database testing.
- Performed automation regression run for security and export functionalities.
- Performed smoke testing on new builds of application
- Wrote SQL queries using Teradata SQL assistant and toad for various testing purposes
- Tested all the reports by running queries using SQL Developer
- Performed Web services/ Backend and workflows testing using SOAP UI.
- Based on input parameter, output xml response was verified as per the business rules.
- Performed detailed test results analysis after each test execution cycle and maintained Test results.
- Involved in System Integration, UAT & Regression Testing
- Validated the data present from flat files to database
- Actively participated in scheduled conference calls with off-shore team to review the testing status and defect summit meetings to triage new defects and to follow up on new fixes, patches and builds.
- Attended Project work group meetings to give the status of testing activities.
- Did post release validation in Test, Dev, Staging, Production environments
Environment: Windows - Windows XP/Vista/10, Oracle 11g, MySQL, SQL, XML, Quality Center 11.0, QTP/UFT 12.5, SOAP UI, VBScript, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 2005/2008 server, Web Services, HP Service Test
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Agile development - Participated in daily scrum meetings to report daily progress of Automation activities and Sprint planning for test planning activities.
- Participated in Test Planning and Automation Effort estimations.
- Designed test cases for manual and automation testing, developed and maintained checklists for regression using QTP automation
- Worked with different development teams and business analysts, interacted proactively on QA chat channels as part of the testing.
- Carried out Smoke Test to judge the software acceptance criteria for testing.
- Designed test cases for manual and automation testing, developed and maintained checklists for regression using QTP automation.
- Used Putty for accessing various consoles of test devices and analyzing data packets and logs.
- Designed, implemented and maintained data-driven QTP framework/architecture for ISTA CIS/Billing (ecommerce) project.
- Designed, implemented and maintained data-driven HP Service Test framework/architecture for CIS/Billing (ecommerce) project.
- Created and executed QTP test scripts suites for daily regression runs.
- Wrote variety of QTP scripts including HTML Document Object Model (DOM), dynamic parameterization using Data Tables and Database Tables, Excel and File System Objects to handle excel and text files, and descriptive programming.
- Created function libraries with functions having arrays and dictionary objects as parameters, created and managed shared object repositories for Bill Ready and Rate Ready modules.
- Created New Domains/Projects,Users and customizing User groups in Quality Center
- Performed all the Support Activities to the Quality center users and workflow customization according to project need
- Created public reports /Dashboard using Excel Reports and Document Generator in Quality Center to help the QA Manager and Project Manager in reporting Project status reports.
- Used VBScript classes/objects in QTP setting up the Automation Framework.
- Creating the application components in service test and track the changes in components and defect reporting.
- Used HP Service Test for Web services Functional Testing.
- Generating the graphs and reports in service test management and Quality center to track the status of testing process.
Environment: HP Quality Centre 11, ALM, QTP, Web service, HTML, XML, J2EE, JSP, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows XP, MS Office 2003-2013, IIS WebServer.
- Functionalities tested were Enrollment creation, Maintenance, Payments, Policy Notices and Status Report.
- Involved in preparing System Test Plans based on User Requirements Document (URD) and prepared the Test Cases.
- Involved in participating in review meetings, analyzing the application and allocating the resources.
- Written Test cases for manual testing by analyzing the SRS, UR documents and based on use cases.
- Review of the test cases written for unit and integration level.
- Responsible for the testing of application at Module level and System level.
- Involved in testing the Interactive voice response (IVR) device and tracked the test results.
- Driven process improvements by designing the reusable Test suites and Reusable Test data as part of the test cases automation using the QTP to reduce the regression timings.
- Involved in the Build promotions from QA to Production.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for backend testing
- Notification functionality testing for the payments.
- Status Report functionality testing and data analysis.
- Ability to Track Defects, as well as produce detailed reports using Defect Tracking tool like Bugzilla, HP ALM (Quality Center), TFS (Team Foundation Server) & JIRA.
- Created QTP driver scripts to set environment variables to run test sets in QA, UAT & Production environments.
- Performed review and analysis of functional requirements and test plan design documentation.
- Created function libraries with functions having arrays and dictionary objects as parameters, created and managed shared object repositories for Store.
- Played major role in debugging the scripts.
- Outbound test strategy testing for the aggressive changes in the business requirements.
- Interacted with developers to resolve any defects/issues
- Implemented whole life cycle of QA Methodologies starting from Planning, Capturing, Creating and Executing, Reporting, and Tracking the defects using Mercury Quality Center.
Environment: Windows NT 4.0, Win2000, J2EE, XML, Flash, SQL, Oracle9.x, QTP 8.6, Quality Center 8.0, MS-Word, Excel, PERL, Test Director.