- 10+years of experience in the IT industry comprised of Development, Systems Administration, Infrastructure Management Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle). Software Configuration Management (SCM) experience includes Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management implementing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, support and troubleshooting along with Amazon Web Services and Cloud Implementation.
- Strong experience on DevOps concepts like Build automation, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Infrastructure as code technologies and Cloud computing.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experienced with VMware products - VMware GSX/ESX server, VMware workstation and VMware player.
- Extensive work experience in advance features of ESX VMOTION, SVMOTION, VM Lab Manager, VDI Horizon View and Orchestrator.
- Experience in Vrealize Automation and Vrealize Orchestrator
- Experienced with Citrix VDIs, XenApp and XenDesktop setup for a new production environment.
- Experienced with complex networking topologies which includes Firewall, Load Balancers and Core Switches.
- Managed VMware ESX 3.x and 4.x with Virtual Center server 2.5 and vCenter 4.0 for managing multiple ESX servers
- Expert knowledge of all VMware technologies including vSphere, vCenter, LabManager, vCloud Director, Workstation and vShield Firewall appliance
- Experienced in executing WebLogic Solaris & Linux in Installation, Configuration, debugging (visual studio, Wireshark) Backup, Recovery, Maintenance and Support.
- Excellent working knowledge with designing, installing and implementing VMware ESX Server, VMware Virtual Center, VMware vSphere, VMware Infrastructural Products for Virtualization.
- Extensive Experience with Continuous Integration Tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience on IntegratingDockers into various tools like AWS, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Vagrant, Jenkins and VMware Containers.
- Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier
- Experience in using scripting language Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash for configuration
- Experience in using Git, GitHub and Subversion.
- Well versed in managing source code repositories like SVN, Git, GitHub, and Bitbucket.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux, configuration management using Puppet and Chef. Support as part of DevOps team to help deployment using Jenkins Hudson Bamboo and Teamcity.
- Experience in deploying JBoss, Apache Tomcat web server, Oracle WebLogic server.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing RedHat, CentOSand Ubuntu servers.
- Experience in using virtualization tools like Virtual Box, VMware and provisioning virtual machines using Vagrant. Experience with Udeploy, Application Deployment Automation Tools.
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Great practical experience implementing and enhancing the end to end work flow of Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Team City and GOCD), Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment process for an organization.
- Successfully automated processes to support continuous software deployments.
- Involved in provisioning and Automation servers on Public Cloud like AWS, Docker and kubernetes.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and cookbooks for Chef
- Experience on Vagrant, Docker and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of env’s delivery for releases.
- Extensive experience in using Maven and ANT as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Monitoring Tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk, Nagios, and Cloud Watch for Resource Monitoring.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
Programming: C | Python | SQL| Ruby| Powershell| Bash
AWS: IAM | EC2 | Cloud Front | ELB | Route 53 | VPC | S3 | EBS | Cloud Formation | AWS Storage Gateway | Amazon Kinesis | AutoScaling | AWS Direct Connect | Redshift | SQS | SNS | ALB | Azure
Build Tool: Maven |ANT
Source Control Tool: Git |SVN
CI/CD tool: Jenkins
Configuration Management Tool: Chef | Ansible
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA | Remedy
Virtualization: VMware | Xen hypervisor in AWS | Docker
Load Balancer: Application Load Balancer | Classic Load Balancer | F5 Load Balancer (LTM) | Nginx
Networking: Switches | Routers | Hubs | LAN | WAN | TCP | IP | DNS | UDP | ARP | QOS | EIGRP | BGP | OSPF | NHRP | PPP | MPLS | RIP | SIP | H.323 | DHCP | VLAN | ACL
Applications: GNS3 | Microsoft Office Suite | Wireshark | OPNET Modeler | CISCO Packet Tracer | JIRA | AEM | MobaXterm | Microsoft Visual Code
Database: Access | MYSQL | Postgress | Oracle 9i | SQL Mongo DB | Cassandra
Server: LAMP | SQL Server | Apache| Tomcat
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, cloudwatch, and Appdynamics
Operating Systems: Windows | Cisco | iOS | Junos | Linux(RHEL, UBUNTU, Centos)
Confidential, EDIN PRAIRIE, MN
Sr Devops And Automation Engineer
- As a DevOps Engineer, responsible for VMware automation and VMware Orchestration for Confidential clients' cloud service offerings on Confidential Environment.
- Played a vital role in Company's Infrastructure development and participated in building the architecture of the project.Supported Production, Development and Test environments by supporting day to day maintenance activities of virtual environment.
- Administered VMware Infrastructure vSphere/vCenter/VDI environments by running over 125 ESXi Hosts and 3000 Virtual Machines
- Installed and tested VSphere 6.0 to enable Hybrid cloud architecture and implanted open stack in test environment.
- Designed and implemented a cloud solution for internal customers, based on VMware vCloud 5.
- Took part in a Proof of Concept of Cloud Automation Center, building and configuring all components, adding automation to virtual server provisioning.
- Installed and tested vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations (VROPS), to enable cloud orchestration layer for Software Data Center model in test bed.
- Managed and support VMware vCloud Center and VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vCO) in Customer pre-production environment.
- Managed cloud management using VMware tools like vCenter, vRealize.
- Setup vRealize 6.0 automation (VRa) to support client applications and virtual appliance.
- Involved in designing both internal and external VMware View 4.5 and 4.6 VDI solutions to customer base.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Worked on VMware and Citrix XEN app Farms hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and resolved clients/users’ issues within SLA.
- Extensive experience on configuring Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS.
- Managed the configurations of more than 900 servers using chef.
- Automated configuration management using chef. Wrote cookbooks, recipes to manage nodes and Chef Server.
- Used tools like knife to enhance the functionality and usability of the cookbooks.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep servers template minimal.
- Responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Troubleshooting communication issues with CHEF client nodes and CHEF servers.
- Manage deployment automation using chef, custom chef recipes in Ruby.
- Hands on experience in writing recipes and Ruby Scripts to customize chef as per the environment.
- Used chef to manage configuration on connected server. Developed cloud Formation script to automate the instances.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Chef Knife and Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Developing ruby cloud formation templates and setting up auto scaling for servers.
- Deployed and started the Apache Servers for running the web applications.
- Hands on experience in writing PowerShell and bash scripts for automation.
- Experience in using Chef Cookbooks and chef recipes to automate infrastructure as a code.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker.
- Automation: User Management automated using Python Script to achieve application mapping. Setup and configure all applications to authenticate against Active Directory LDAP interface.
- Involved in maintaining and editing Python Scripts for application deployment automation.
- Installed and Configured the Artifact repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
- Developed Perl and Shell Scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Working with onsite servers and Configured with VMware.
- Working in Agile Methodology.
Environment: Chef, AWS, Python, Bash, Shell Script, PowerShell CLI, Ruby, Docker, vRealize, vCenter, Git, VMware ESXi 6.0, ESXi 5.5 and ESXi 5.0 vSphere, Windows 2000/2003/2008 , RHEL 5.X, 6.X, P2V Exchange Server 2003/2010
Confidential, Mason, Ohio
AWS and DevOps Engineer
- As a DevOps Engineer, my responsibilities included, managing their Linux, AWS and VMs. Major Work is related to the datacenter migration which includes setting up a new Ansible infrastructure to manage more than 1500 nodes, setting up Ansible Tower for AWS EC2 instances, Building new servers using kick start, Deploying applications, creating cookbooks.
- Migrated service from a managed hosting environment to AWS including overall plan, cost analysis, service design, network layout, data migration, automation, deployments and cutover, monitoring, documentation, and timeline.
- Launched and configured Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux/Ubuntu) and configured the servers for specified applications.
- Involved in reviewing and assessing current infrastructure to be migrated to the AWS cloud platform.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash Scripts.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Wrote Python Code using Ansible Python API to Automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Developed Python Modules for Ansible Customizations.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control.
- Managed different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker containers using Terraform It supports different Cloud service providers like AWS and Digital Ocean.
- Responsible for deploying the Ansible playbooks using Jenkins, in DEV, & PROD environments.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Deployed Docker application by using Service Release Automation (SRA) in AWS Infrastructure.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for various environment and worked on kubernetes environment
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, and fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked with the development team to generate deployment profiles (jar, war, ear) using MAVEN Scripts and Jenkins.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers to deploy into production and non-production environments.
- Involved in Setting up the backup server for Jenkins and prepared disaster recovery plans for Jenkins.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Automated Docker container backups and deployed Apache Networking: HTTP, applications using Ansible
- Monitored systems with Nagios & Cloud Watch.
- Implemented Backup/Disaster recovery system for entire CI system using JIRA
- Actively involved in configuration and deployment of various sets of custom configuration pertaining to Linux/UNIX server security, OS hardening, and maintenance of Baseline standards.
Environment: AWS (IAM, EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, R53), Terraform, Cloud Watch, GIT, Subversion, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Ruby, YAML, Shell Scripting, Python Scripting, Apache Tomcat, UNIX.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plug-in to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Involved in working on the environments of AWS like EC2, Elastic Search, VPC, Subnets, Routing Tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Dynamo DB, Route53, VPC peering, S3, ELB, RDS, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, SNS on AWS.
- Performed Branching, Merging, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool, GIT.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run the code by S3 and SNS. Used Jenkins AWSCode Deployplug-in to deploy into AWS.
- Used AWS CloudServices to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups andwritten basic PowerShellScripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Deploy a multi-tier web application on to AWS cloud for which I need to automate the required configurations using Terraform and Chef.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments
- Creating Cloud Formation Scripts for hosting software on Cloud and automating the installation of software through PowerShell Scripts.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANTand Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins.
- Worked with different DevOps Team on areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Experience with setting up Chef Infrastructure, bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM. Experience in working with data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in Chef.
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Chef, Jenkinsand Cloud Formation.
- Written cookbooks for installing Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, JDK etc. and for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Worked on Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 Setup OpenStack proof of concept (POC) in staging.
- Integrated of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA and Production).
- Created images and stored in the Docker Containers and uploaded to the Docker hub.
- Implemented Docker-maven-plug-in in and maven POM.XML to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Composeand Docker Registry.
- Creation of Docker images and linking of Docker Containers for secured way of data transfer
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Docker images to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker Containers and configuring the Docker Containers using Kubernetes.
- Managed local deployments in kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured kubernetes.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Monitoring of EC2 instances using Nagios. Involved in Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experienced in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios, CloudWatch and Splunk.
Environment: AWS, AWS IAM, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS cloud watch, Route 53, Nginx, ANT, Maven, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Chef, Docker, Nagios, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS, JSON, Java/J2EE, Bash, Shell, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Part of the Developers team supporting the automation of software delivery across multiple AWS regions and availability zones while also helping to support over 1000 workloads to AWS so as to reduce its datacenter footprint so as to support an agile disaster recovery system
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
- Actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
- Solid understanding of Linux Shell and Perl Scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins in multiple environments.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll Out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports, and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release of Jira Application.
- Worked on Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- User, Group Creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Used both GIT and Bitbucket source control systems to manage code.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Hands on Experience on Puppet Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing puppet manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud-based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for Devops Tools and automation.
Environment: PowerShell, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, WebLogic, Tomcat, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, Puppet, XML, Unix, JIRA.
Linux System Administrator
- Part of the System Administrator team tasked with provisioning of new testing environment on our on premise data center, and this project helped to reduce the amount of time it took for QA to test a new feature from weeks to 25 minutesPlanned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, perating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Managed and installed software packages using YUM and RPM and created repository files for offline servers.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing and configuring send mail.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the system and end user issues.
- Good Experience in reviewing system log files for errors. Setting up CRON jobs for backups and monitoring process.
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers.
- Log file was managed for troubleshooting and probable errors.
- Perform Linux and UNIX Kernel tuning for web, database and application servers.
- Configured hands-free installation using Kick start and PXE.
- Participated in upgrading and migrating 3.x to 4.x and 5.0 Linux.
- Responsible for the Database / Network operation with servers.
- Fine tuning of Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance.
- Setup Squid Proxy Server for internet sharing and to block the unwanted sites.
- Responsible for Connectivity issues among various Servers and various software components.
- Installation, maintenance and administration of Oracle and Db2 Server on Linux Servers.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware, and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Managed and carried out system maintenance, hardware replacements and upgrades.
- Performed system patch and software analysis, installs and configuration.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat,Kickstart, Bonding, RAID, WebSphere, SQL, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Samba, NFS, FTP, LVM,Tomcat, Apache, bash, Python