Over 8 years of extensive hands on experience in diversified fields of the Software Development Life Cycle, specialized in Quality Assurance Process, Verification, Validation, Testing and Reporting across multiple platforms and extensive database experience, seeking a position as a Software QA Analyst / Tester.
- Over 8 years of professional working experience in Web and Client - Server Applications in Retail Banking, Online Banking and Insurance, Financial and e-commerce Domain
- Experienced leading projects and offshore/onshore QA team prepared the Test Plans/Test Strategies, reviewed/developed Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Experienced in the IT industry in performing Manual and Automation Testing of Client-server and Web-based applications by using various software testing tools.
- Practical experience in testing throughout all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by following testing standards, test processes, and Test Methods in ensuring quality of AUT
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experienced in Development Methodologies - Waterfall, Iterative, Agile and Scrum
- Hands on experienced of different Software Testing Levels - Functional, Smoke, Regression, Integration, System/E2E, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to test specific program functions and testing of entire application and interfaces
- Expertise in writing, executing and maintaining Test Strategy, Test Plans, Test Harness, Test Bed, Test Scenarios, Test Cases & Test Scripts for Releases & Builds and the phases of Software Developing Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in using HP Quality Center (QC)/ Application lifecycle Mangement (ALM)- Release management, Defect Reporting, Requirements gathering, Test Execution, Test Cases and Execution Reports.
- Excellent scripting knowledge using VBScript to convert Manual Test Cases to automate/create Test Scripts using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)/ Quick Test Professional (QTP) tool.
- Skilled in using Test & Defect management systems - Jira, TFS & MTM/ VSO/VSTS, TestRail.
- Have strong analytical problem solving, written communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail and have strong desire for quality
- Working experience with RDBMSs & ability to write SQL statements to validate & retrieve data against various DB such as Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server for back end testing purpose.
- Manual testing
- Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall
- HP Quality Center (QC)
- Automation Testing
- Black Box testing
- User Story analysis
- HP ALM
- HP UFT/QTP
- Functional testing
- Requirement analysis
- JIRA & Test Rail
- VB Script
- Integration testing
- Test Plan & Strategy
- MS TFS & MTM
- Descriptive Programing
- Regression testing
- Test Case & Scenarios
- MS VSO/ VSTS
- Automation Framework
- Smoke testing
- Test data & Result
- Backend testing with SQL
- Create & Update Script
- UAT testing
- Log & Track defect
- Oracle/MS SQL Server
- Test estimation & Planning
Application Types: Retail, Finance & Banking, Insurance.
Methodologies: Agile ( Scrum), Waterfall
Operating system: Windows, iOS, Unix, Android
Application Language: .Net, HTML,XML, HTML5, CSS, JAVA, J2EE, C#, C++
Scripting Language: VB Script
Test Management Tools: HP QC/ALM, Jira, TestRail, TFS, MTM, VSo/VSTS
Defect Tracking: QC, Jira, TFS
Automation Tool: HP QTP/UFT, Test Complete
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, AS400, Safetech, Sybase, MS Access
Testing: Black box, Functional, Non-Functional
CRM( Cloud application): Salesforce.com
Others: MS Office, Lync, Skype Business, Visual Studio, SharePoint, NB20
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior QA Analyst & Tester
- Worked with developers, designers, business Analyst and Cross functional Teams to involve in Software Development and testing life cycle.
- Followed Agile Methodology in Scrum Framework and attended all kinds of Project meetings with team.
- Created Test Documents such as Master and Sprint test Plans, Test scenario, Test conditions, Test Data, Test specification, Functional and Integration Test cases cases(High-Level),Test Scripts and Reports, Defect tracker and RTM.
- Worked with offshore team and managed QA artifacts, prioritized the tasks and delegated task to offshore QA team members as needed to assure timely Test Execution and Sign Off
- Reviewed the velocity of daily work status on the SharePoint and generated the daily work status report and sent it to the QA - Manager and Product owner
- Actively Participated in and Represented QA Team in the Sprint Planning Meetings, Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings and Sprint Retrospective Meetings
- Worked with Front end & Back end Devs, PMs, BAs, Solution Architects, Technical Architects, QA director & Product manager
- Extensively use Jira and testrail to manage release, sprint, Scrum board, velocity, design test cases, execute those and log bug and track progress.
- Simultenously use for other project HP ALM 11.0(Application Life cycle Management) as test and defect management tool, prepared Test planning, Defect summary, Requirement coverage report using the tool
- Executed the Functional, Smoke, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and System Testing against multiple projects and Performed Cross-browser Testing
- Reviewed User Stories and Use Cases to ensure testable requirements and test cases and what needs to be solved or improved in a new feature in Scrum environment
- Actively Monitored Multiple projects on an ongoing basis, evaluated progress, raised issues and blockers and advised on corrective action necessary to meet project deadlines
- Extensively wrote SQL queries to store data, retrieve and validate the information for Backend Integration testing to verify data integrity and change update in Oracle database..
- Attended and actively contributed in Requirements Reviews and Walkthrough Meetings (RRWM) with Developers, Business Analyst and Subject Matter Expert along with offsite Team
- Used Data Driven Framework to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using UFT.
- Developed Test scripts and worked with automation team to develop VB script, Dynamic functions and Data driven testing framework, created Descriptive scripts and objects, script enhancement using check points by using HP UFT 12.0 (Unified Functional Testing) for Regression and Functional testing purpose.
- Performed Cross browser testing to check the compatibility of the application in different browsers.
- Provide training to new joiner and transfer knowledge to co-worker if needed.
Confidential, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Test Analyst
- Analyzed System Design Documents and involved in the review discussions of Business Requirements.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Approach artifact with resource requirements and time estimates.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario, Test Cases and steps for various Business Services covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Performed Manual Testing of web-based applications and used HP ALM for test management tool.
- Created test plans outlining the scope, approach, schedule, resources and deliverables.
- Coordinated and maintenance of multiple test environments to support parallel test efforts.
- Used HP ALM to map requirements to test cases, provide traceability to requirements, create test sets, and selectively run tests manually and upload results.
- Clearly communicated defects with developers and updated comments in HP ALM Defect Section.
- Responsible for scheduling the batch execution of the tests, log and track defects using ALM.
- Extensively used SQL *plus and Oracle SQL Developer tools to access and manipulate Oracle 11g database and validated back-end testing.
- Configured the connection between MS Excel and ALM to store requirements and test cases into ALM.
- Isolated test cases for manual and automated testing, and also established a regression test suite, both manual and automation, to assure the stability of AUT.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using HP UFT.
- Extensively involved in writing, executing and enhancing scripts using various checkpoints.
- Developed custom function/sub-routine and stored in function library to support automated testing solutions.
- Created Data Driven Automation Framework to reduce automated scripts maintenance time.
- Created XML file to supply input test data for better scripts optimization and reduce script maintenance time.
- Established ODBC Connectivity to ensure communication among HP UFT and Oracle Database to validate back-end testing.
- Created driver script using VBScript to execute numerous scripts sequentially and created user defined test status log file in text format.
- Utilized Windows Scheduler functionality to start the automation scripts execution while away from the desk.
- Involved in Daily Agile Scrum meeting, Weekly Sprint Review Meetings with various teams as required for better understanding the business requirement, software specification, and development process flow at various stages.
- Communicated with Application Developers, Project Manager and other Team Members on Application testing status.
- Coordinated application defects and enhancements to ensure proper escalation and follow up.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Quality Assurance Test Analyst
- Manually executed Test cases and Test Scripts after reviewing the business requirement document and technical specifications and responsible for updating existing test cases against the requirements.
- Actively participated in iteration planning meetings and reviews to review impacts on test plan and test strategy of any changes made and new functionalities added in new builds.
- Presented test cases at cross functional test cases review meetings with test team, system analyst and product management teams and have emphasized need for better change control process for critical user stories.
- Met with business analysts to understand business functionalities, requirements and designed test cases to satisfy Client requirements.
- Worked in agile environment, attended daily morning stand up (scrum) meetings, updated daily status on what was done yesterday, what will be done today, and any blocking issues.
- Wrote SQL queries for backend testing of the applications.
- Wrote VB Script, developed Custom Functions, used Descriptive Programming by HP UFT automation tool and executed test scripts.
- Modified the Automated UFT Scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Executed test cases for System Testing, Compatibility Testing, and Regression testing, Integration testing extensively and using UFT Scripts.
- Developed Manual test cases in HP ALM and utilized ALM to formulate test plans and test cases and bug reports.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in ALM.
- Performed sanity, integration, regression and system testing to verify incremental and existing functionality of various builds iteration.
- Executed test cases on development builds and did bug logging and defect tracking.
- Involved in project review meetings and discussed issues, status for tracking the progress with project teams.
- Provided daily and weekly project status reports and escalated issues to the Manager as well as Providers as needed.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Analyst Team Lead
- Analyzed the requirements documents and Uses Cases to create well detail test cases for functional and nonfunctional areas (GUI, Look & Feel, Content and Color Combination) Emigrant Savings Bank’s retail web applications.
- Wrote Test Plan on for all Confidential developed applications.
- Prepared both positive and negative test cases for Functional, System, End-to-end Testing.
- Created well detail Manual Test scripts in HP Quality Center (QC) to test application Functionality, End to End, Smoke.
- Executed manual test scripts and updated test results in HP QC test Lab tab/module
- Created well detail defects and managed defects in HP Quality Center.
- Conducted Manual and Automated Regression Testing using Quality Center and QuickTest Pro.
- Utilized HP QuickTest Pro to automate tests covering functionalities, most commonly used areas and security areas of applications.
- Reported all defects to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution using HP QC.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on different platforms.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Verified and validated test data in different Source Systems by executing SQL Queries in Oracle database.
- Attended weekly update meetings with QA Manager to discuss the status of Projects.
- Worked as a core member of the QA team, responsible for testing of the application.
- Data verification and validation in Oracle and MS SQL.
- Created, updated and deleted data to accommodate proper test data.
- Performed traceability matrix in HP ALM.