Agent of change with 12 years of quality assurance experience including managing the development and implementation of the IT performance improvement programs to align with the strategy, mission, and priorities of the IT department and the company. I supported, educated, coached, and advised IT leaders and staff relating to quality, performance improvement, and process improvement. I implemented and oversaw a Quality Management System to support the IT applications and systems.
Business Skills: Testing Strategy and Approach, IT Management, Project Management, IT Strategy and Execution, Organizational Change, QA and Process Improvement, Budgeting and Forecasting, IT Change Management, Metrics
Testing Tools: Selenium, QTP/UFT, Quality Center, Jira, Zephyr, LoadRunner, UPK
Business Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, 11i, MS Access, My SQL, SQL Server
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Have been leading all the QA and testing activities related to the Oracle EBS ERP Lift - and-Shift project
- Created and implemented a plan to reduce the cost of quality assurance and improve the quality of the end product
- Redesigned and managed the Change Control Management and reduced its operating cost by half
- Closely involved in developing the IT strategy to support the business needs in this continuously changing environment
- Recommended strategic and operational decisions through actionable insights
- Expanded the involvement of the QA team to more than just internal IT projects to include other departments’ and external clients’ projects
- Managed the testing phase of the company’s Business Projects Initiatives including hiring and managing employees as well as consultants as needed
- Defined and managed testing strategies and developed testing standards, processes, and templates in line with Agile methodology
- Established and maintained cadence around defining, tracking, and evaluating progress using actionable metrics
- Developed and maintained reporting frameworks, tools and data
- Defined metrics and scorecarding strategy including leading and lagging indicators
- Translated and communicated factors and trends to executive management and key stakeholders, providing relevant insights for strategic decision making
- Worked closely with IT department Managers and Directors to assist with improving day-to-day operations by using critical to quality metrics
- Led initiatives to proactively generate ideas relating to quality and performance improvement
- Provided training and coaching to staff and executive management on performance improvement tools, concepts, and techniques
- Collaborated with different stakeholders to identify waste reduction, cost savings, and cost avoidance opportunities
- Led, influenced, managed, and drove change to align with the strategy, mission and priorities of the IT department
- Formally and informally mentored new and junior staff regardless of the individuals place in the hierarchical or matrix organization
QA Test Automation Engineer
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements and the critical areas of the application to setup and execute baseline tests.
- Involved in designing, planning and executing Manual and Automated Testing of the applications.
- Installed HP testing tools Quality Center, QTP, LoadRunner and worked as a Site Admin, Project Admin for Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to create, manage, run test suites, generate reports for percentage of failures, defect status etc.
- Generated and implemented templates for Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Business Analysis, Test Defect Log, Test Case Checklist, RAR, TAR, LOE, and Executive Summary.
- Involved in setting up the Testing Methodology for the QA department, generating various documents to enable uniformity in recording the test process and results throughout the company.
- Manually performed Ad-Hoc testing, End-to end testing, Integration, and System testing.
- Responsible for identifying the functional test cases for Regression Testing and creating automated test scripts using QuickTest Pro like for example conducting Data Driven Testing by pulling data from a table.
- Performed Back End Testing using SQL Queries.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Developed Test Plans and a Hierarchy according to the requirements.
- Risk Assessment Analysis: Identified, analyzed, and evaluated risks and modified test plans accordingly.
- Tested system functionality to identify variances and to confirm corrections.
- Created, defined, logged defects using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Integration testing using QTP.
- Performed Manual Tests on the Application as per test cases.
- Implemented an automation strategy that converted manual test cases to QTP scripts.
- Identified defects and communicated with developers to resolve them and provided full support to the development team
- Used LoadRunner for stress testing and performance testing
- Analyzed the server response time, number of hits per second, transaction response time using LoadRunner analyzer graphs
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Developed Test Plan and Test cases for testing the application.
- Involved in studying and analyzing the specifications.
- Designed the Test cases to enable testing the functional requirement with Positive, Negative conditions.
- Conducted regression testing on various builds of the application and reported the defects to the developers using a customized EXCEL spreadsheet utility for the bug reporting and tracking.
- Responsible for the developing Test scripts using QuickTest Pro for Regression Testing.
- Documented scripts for User Acceptance Testing of the application and trained users.
- Used TestDirector for test documentation management, defect reporting and defect tracking.
- Assisted Manager in assessing individual test tasks, coordinated work with other QA Engineers, tracking progress, and compiled results on a daily basis.
- Provided identification of user and system requirements for the application and established links for better trace of requirements.