- Around 11+ years of experience (including 6+ years automation and 5+ years of QA Team Lead experiance) as an Information Technology (IT) Professional with emphasis in Software Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) in testing Healthcare, Payment Card (Healthcare, Commercial, Consumer, Pre - Paid cards for POS authorizations), Financial (Insurance, Banking, Mortgage) and Background Screening domains.
- Extensive hands on working experience in delivering end-to-end QA across the project life cycle.
- Proficient hands on working experience with testing and automating Web Services/APIs (SOAP and REST), Web and Mobile applications.
- Hands on experience with manual and automation tools for Services/API testing - Ready API / SOAPUI Pro (Groovy), Postman.
- Hands on experience with manual and automation tools for Mobile apps (Android, iOS) testing - Selenium, Appium, Xcode, Perfecto Cloud.
- Hands on experience with automation tools to automate Web applications - Selenium WebDriver (Java), UFT/QTP.
- Extensive working knowledge on OOPS (Object Oriented Programming) concepts.
- Extensive hands on experience implementing best practices for automation.
- Proficient in working with Eclipse IDE, Maven, Ant, TestNG, Junit.
- Hands on experience working with version control tools - GIT, SVN.
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment with Jenkins for executing automated tests.
- Extensive working experience with Agile (scrum and kanban) methodologies using Rally, Jira.
- Extensively tested in Cloud, Web, GUI/UI, Mainframe and Windows Applications.
- Lead a team with on-shore and off-shore junior team members by providing orientations, training, mentoring them for each project and deligating the work to right individuals making sure that test coverage is done with tracability matrix and quality product is delivered within the assigned timeframe.
- Strong experience in creating and reviewing Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Strategy, Test Requirements,Test Plans, Test Summary and Test Scripts.
- Extensive experience testing backend database integrity using Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL and PL/SQL in writing Q ueries, Functions, Triggers.
- Well versed with testing types: Exploratory, Functional (Positive, Negative, Boundary-Value), Smoke, Integrated, System, End-to-End, Outage, User Acceptance (UAT), Regression, Backend (Database), Ad hoc, Usability, Load, Stress and Performance Testings.
- Extensive knowledge on Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Extensive understanding on JSHint and JSLint code analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle EBS (E-Business) R12 release application.
- Extensive knowledge on Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD).
- Actively involving in Daily Stand Up, Requirements Review, Script Review, Triag/Defect Review, Release Review, Weekly QA meetings.
- Ability to work effectively while working as a team member as well as individually.
- Acquired excellent communication skills by coordinating with key stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in Time Management, Problem Solving, Analytical, Interpersonal, Leadership, Multi Tasking, Prioritizing, Organizing, Self Motivating, Detail Oriented, Felxiability, Collaborating, and delegation.
- Very enthusiastic to update myself professionally by learning new tools and concepts, gathering information on the current trends in IT industry, and applying them to the current testing environment.
Testing Tools: Ready API1.9.0 (SOAPUI NG, LOADUI NG, ServiceV), SoapUI Pro, Selenium, Appium, Perfecto, Eclipse IDE, Jenkins, ATOM, Xcode, Evernote, Oracle SQL Developer, Rally, Jira, UFT, Quick Test Profession(WinRunner), HP ALM Quality Center (Test Director), Rational ClearQuest, Paragon Simulator (Fastest), Load Runner, etc
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access, DB2, etc.
Platforms: Mac, Windows, Mainframe, Android, iOS, LINUX and UNIX.
Languages: Groovy, JAVA, C#, VBScript, COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML5, XML, C, C++, JSP, J2EE, Java Script, TSL, Visual Studio.NET,VB.NET, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, ASP, etc...
Web Server: IBM WebSpear, IIS 4.0/5.0, Personal Web Server, Apache
Version Control: GIT, Tortoise SVN and Visual SourceSafe.
Sr. QA Automation Tester / Team Lead
- Hands-on experience in performing API (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE)/Services testing manually via Ready API (SOAPUI NG Pro) and POSTMAN tools.
- Worked in IBM Cloud (Bluemix) environment. Verified Bluemix Logs.
- Started batch jobs by sending REST request. Verified response and validated logs via Splunk Dashboard, which is a reporting tool, to check job status, start time, end time, number of events, etc.
- Experience performing backend testing by verifying the output values in xml tags by cross checking with Oracle DB values via SQL Developer.
- Simulated performance behavior of the service by creating Virt (Virtual Services) with out hitting the actual API (when the APIs are not ready for scrum testing).
- Extensive hands on experience in developing and maintaining automated projects by debugging every test case to make sure the execution flow and values are as expected as part of Web Services/API testing (SOAP and REST) via Ready API (SoapUI NG).
- Unit tested all the new and existing automated Test Cases (Smoke and Regression).
- Hands on experience testing both SOAP and REST (with JSON) services with GET, PUT, POST and DEL by providing input in Excel and Endpoints in properties file for each environment in Request and validating appropriate Response. Performed Database validation within DataSource and DataSourceLoop in automation TestCase.
- Added Assertions (Valid HTTP Code, Invalid HTTP Code for negative testsuites, contains, Xpath, Xquery, etc), GroovyScript (to parse values from the response using Regular Expression), Property Transfer, JDBC, REST Request, SOAP Request, Data Sink, etc teststeps for each testcase.
- Imported project into Eclipse IDE and converted to Maven along with pom.xml and other files. Created smoke and regression .xml and .java files. Ran tests using local repository via TestNG.
- Extensively tested KP Mobile APP (BETA) for Android and iOS with Samsung and Apple devices.
- Extensively performed functional, regression, smoke testing for Mobile App via Perfecto cloud.
- Experience in Selenium WebDriver/Appium with TestNG.
- Ran automated scripts locally via Eclipse (Perfecto Plugin) with ANT build, thoroughly verified allure reports and shared them to all the stakeholders.
- Implemented Page Object Model (POM) framework and used Page Factory for object locators using XPath.
- Experience working with Android Studio (Android Device Monitor) and Xcode in retrieving logs. Researched issues found during manual and automation testing and provided logs to the developers.
- Cloned, Pulled and Pushed the project from/into Stash and then to Bitbucket remote repositories via GIT (using Terminal and sometimes SourceTree).
- Verified automated test results which are triggered from Jenkins for each build as part of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and communicated the test results to the team incase of failure.
- Extensively worked to retrieve/create test data (from the KAT in-house tool) for Member Unique ID and update/view that member record via EPIC Hyperspace.
- Actively participated in daily scrum standup as part of Agile Methodology, weekly defect triage, weekly QA team meeting, release review, etc meetings.
- Worked with scrum team when creating user stories in Rally and later moved to Jira. Created Test Scenarios based on the Acceptance Criteria, reviewed them by scrum team and also by QA team peers.
- Tracked scrum level defects for Q (test) environment in Rally/Jira. Tracked higher environment (Verification and Production) defects in ALM (Quality Center).
- Extensively used outlook, skype, hipchat and webex in communicating with all the stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience using ALM creating Test Cases in Test Plan module under each release folder and importing to Test Lab module for execution and updating the status. Attached appropriate screenshots/docs/spreadsheets to each test case and defect.
- Worked with both On-Shore and Off- Shore team members with different time frame, managing work allocations and interacting with team members in a day-to-day schedule.
- Worked hard in providing quality product for each release within the scheduled release timeframe.
- Quickly updated priorities and organize according to the needs on daily bases.
- Lead team of three junior team members (on-shore and off-shore) for one of the project.
- Delegated tasks and mentored team members according to the requirements.
- Escalated issues to the management.
Environment: Ready API 1.9.0 (SoapUI NG, ServiceV), SOAPUI Pro, Groovy Scripting, Java 1.8, IBM Cloud (Bluemix with Spring Boot app), Splunk6.5.2, Selenium, Appium, Perfecto, Android Studio, Android Device Monitor, ANT, Maven, TestNG, Junit, Eclipse 4.5.0, GIT, SourceTree, Stash, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Confluence, Rally, JIRA, HP ALM Quality Center, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0.3, Oracle DB, Xcode6.4, Atom, Evernote, MacBook Pro, Oracle VM Virtual Box (Windows 7.0), MS Office 2011, Office365, IBM Lotus iNotes, Outlook, Skype, Hipchat, webex, KAT, Citrix Viewer, Citrix XenApp, Epic Hyperspace, etc.
Test Specialist and QA Lead
- Trained junior team members by providing orientations explaining with detailed powerpoint presentations and examples about the high-level business processes of the platform.
- Lead On-Shore and Off- Shore Teams (V-V) in deligating projects to right individuals, mentoring them in understand the business processes for each project and coordinating with Analysts, Developers and Managers of differnet teams.
- Participated in the Requirements Review meeting with key stakeholders like Management, Business and Change Control teams to understand client requirements and high level functional changes. Identify in-scope and out-of-scope requirements for testing identifying gaps in the test and UAT region assuring coverage of business requirements.
- Provided approximate estimates on testing timeframe for each project which is in scope for the testing in the solutions walkthrough meeting updating them in MS-PROJECT.
- Participated in determing right options for meeting client needs, ensuring all the requirements are identified and test coverage is done. Participated in researching and opting the best practices for the team and organization.
- Administered in Creating Functional, Integrated, Regression and Validation Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts by project based on the Solutions and Functional Design Documents based on the Requirements and ensures traceability of test cases to requirements.
- Mastered in performing Exploratory, User Acceptance, Functional, Integrated Systems, Regression, UAT, Usability, Adhoc, Smoke, Positive, Negative, Performance, GUI, Frontend and Backend Testings and Validations by running manually and by using Quality Center’s Test Lab Module.
- Extensively worked with clients in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) in verification region by assisting them in creating new cards from card production platform, providing them with appropriate test cases in excel with expected test results and working with them throughout their testing timeframe.
- Involved in testing with clients in Production region with dummy test client by creating real prod cards with the client testers names and verifying the after log reports of all the transactions.
- Executed SQL queries in retrieving related information from different tables in DB2 to validate the test results (used TOAD ).
- Mastered in performing VISA and Master Card Association Authorization transactions via Paragon Simulator and with Clear2Pay tools simulating a real world Point-Of-Sale (POS) transactions at a terminal.
- Hands on experience on performing MANUAL CLAIM Transactions (MCLM) to update the Healthcare Card buckets. Also performed authorization transactions on Auto Substantiation for Medical (Medicaid), Vision, Dental, etc…
- Hands on experience testing Payment Terminal Application - Extensively tested Chip, Chip Contactless, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification), RFID with Cryptogram, EMV (Europay Mastercard and VISA) smart card/ IC card authorizations validating ATCs(Application Transaction Counters), PIN TRY counters, etc. Generated Chip-and-Pin, Chip-and-Signatur card authorizations along with Card-Not-Present transactions over the telephone and internet.
- Extensive hands on experience in Enrolling, Funding, Activating, Authorizing, Substantiating, Auto Substantiating and other functionalities on various health care cards in test environment.
- Extensively worked on Healthcare Portal GUI environment (web based application) in validating all the authorization transactions for each card, generating different reports and disputing some of the transactions. Performed testing on cross browsers using IE, Crome, Firefox, etc..
- Tested Web applications verifying functionality (Internal links, external links, different forms, field validations, error messages, optional fields, mandatory fields, database integrity, cookies, etc.), Performance (worked with other teams to test web site’s scalability, connection speed, varios networs like Dial up or ISDN, load, numbers of users per timeframe, stress, performace of memory, CPU, file handling, etc.), Usability (tested the interaction of the web site for ease of learning, navigation, general appearance, etc).
- Experience testing and automating Web Services on the Healthcare portal MQ Data Packets, using SOAP UI Pro and experience working on SOAP API with XML and later REST API with JSON .
- Extensively worked on XML by sending in Requests for various MQ Data Packets (Enrolling, Funding, Inquiry, etc…) and validating the Response with API level testing.
- Extensively worked in Mainframe environment in CICS region by Inquiring and Maintaining option level and Account level data via online green screens and in TSO region by simulating the batch files, submitting the file to respected job, verifying the Job output Acknowledgement and Response Files and verifying the maintained transactions.
- Extensively worked on SDLC ( Software Development Life Cycle) methodologies like Waterfall, V-V and Agile (Daily Scrums, sprint planning and sizing) .
- Communicated with all the key stakeholders (management, developers, testers, business) of the project in and after a STORY and suggested test scope, new features and/or bug fixes and other related aspects.
- Tracked and Reported Defects using Quality Center’s Defects Module and later using JIRA.
- Reported issues to the management and updates them with latest information in a timely manner and actively participating in triag/defect weekly meetings. Reported Test Metrics with resources, defects for full Test Coverage along with Entrance and Exit criterias for each project.
- Coordinated information within the department as well with other groups and all stakeholders of the project with excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Extensively worked with Production Support Team working on the issues identified in production by researching and replicating the issue in test environment (Q Region).
- Extensively used Lotus Notes in viewing, sending Emails and Same Time messages later used Outlook with Skype technology.
- Organized and prioritized work for effective results. Quickly adopt to changes and reprioritize based on the current requirements. Actively participates in meetings gathering required information and passing on to offshore team to develop quality Test Plans.
- Served as SME for testing processes and developed Risk Mitigation Plans depending on the work.
- Detail oriented in verifying all the test results and making sure high quality products are delivered based on the requirements of the project within the assigned timeframe.
- Performed extensive functionalities of the Health Care platform using Quick Test Professional.
- Automated the Enrollment, Funding and Eligibility process by Creating scripts via UFT,Quick Test Professional (with VBScript language) using Data Driven Framework by customizing the scripts to use newer verisions of Excel and Word. Updloaded all the scrips in Quality Center’s Test Lab module.
- Maintained some of the existing scripts based on the project requirements, unit tested them and uploaded to Quality Center.
- Provided detailed documents for each functionality in Health Care which explains the manual and automated processes.
- Demonstrated and Trained Team Members by explaining the concepts of the Quick Test Pro and explaining each script in detail.
- Demonstrated and Trained Team Members, Managers and Business Personal on using Quality Center. Produced Weekly Defects Report from all active projects via HP ALM Quality Center Reports and Graphs and submitted to Management.
- Automated the Web Application (Healthcare Portal - GUI) using Selenium with Java using Data-Driven framework running using Junit and tested on different web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE). Executed these scripts after each release for regression testing and updated them when the functionality is changed.
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) along with hands-on experience programming in Java.
- Recommended the acquisition of a tool or new testing technique. Assesses different options and recommends an approach. Uses tools & methodologies independently with limited direction.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Tested Financial Modules like Admin, WT, AT and ACH.
- Generated and Implemented Templates for Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts as per Business and System Rules & Specifications. Developed test case matrixes.
- Performed Black Box, Ad hoc, Positive, Negative, GUI, System, Smoke, Performance, Functional, Regression, UAT and Integration Testing.
- Performed Backend testing in DB2 by executing SQL queries using TOAD.
- Performed data validation and backend testing extensively in DB2 by using SQL queries including multi table joins, sub-queries etc.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures and Database Triggers in Oracle.
- Extensively used SQL queries in DB2 to maintain quality of the received flat file data for each service and update the data where necessary.
- Tracked Defects and Interacted with Programmers and the team in resolving conflicting issues by raising MR (Modification Request) using mercury Quality Center.
- Automated functional and regression tests using Quick Test Pro . Used advanced descriptive programming.
- Performed Load Testing of Web Server by simulating HTTP requests generated by hundreds of simultaneous virtual users by using Load Runner.
- Worked on different releases using Agile Methodology. Used Scrum process in testing the modules quickly and effienciently.
- Performed post-implementation testing of production issues.
- Experience in managing and maintaining multiple projects.
- Experience defining test scope, test schedules, communicating issues and status to project management.
- Interacted with the Developers and Business Analysts on a daily basis to update the Test Documents.
- Tested IVR, which captures the transactional information from a payer, using speech recognition and touch-tone functionalities.
- Tested Reports according to Specifications and Requirements.
- Experience in data validation and cross-system testing.
- Develop and execute appropriate written and automated test scripts.
- Experience defining test scope, test schedules, communicating issues and status to project management.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, QTP, Load Runner 8.0, TOAD, SQL Server 2008, VB 6.0, VBScript, Shell Script, Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, JDBC, C++, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, Agile methodology, Scrum, Solaris environments, Unix and Windows 2000.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Methodology , Test Cases and Test Scripts as per Functional and Business requirement for Functional, Integration, Regression Test Specification and executed them.
- Tracked and Reported Defects using Rational ClearQuest.
- Administered planning test cases using Quality Center.
- Conducted Data Driven Testing and regression testing to test certain Functionalities of the Application using Quick Test Professional.
- Performed data validation and backend testing extensively by using SQL queries including multi table joins, sub-queries etc. and did performance monitoring.
- Tested sending out automated email messages using outlook with different browsers(IE and Netscape) and versions.
- Performed IVR (Interactive Voice Response) testing. Proficient with manual testing of Interactive Voice Response Systems. Validated functionality of speech recognition and touch-tone applications against design specifications.
- Performed Black Box, GUI, System, Functional, Regression, Integration, End-to-End and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the Application.
- Involved and managed Functional, Smoke and GUI Testing on each build/version.
- Worked in fast paced Agile Methodology Environment with Scrum, interacting with Business and Developers in the team.
- Reviewed functional design for internal product documentation while writing and executing Regression Scripts.
- Analyzed the Functional Requirements and Design Specifications documents to ensure that the system met all of the technical and business requirements.
- Participated in weekly team meetings, where test status and defects were discussed.
- Participated in enhancements meeting to distinguish between bugs and enhancements.
- Work closely with Developers, Business Analysts, and User Representatives and participate in the product design process including specification and other document reviewing.
- Regular interaction with developers, business analyst and Logic Unit Workgroup.
- Extensively used SQL queries to maintain quality of the received flat file data for each service and update the data where necessary.
- Worked with ETL Team in validating data and Administered in Extracting, Loading, Synchronizing and Partitioning the received flat files from external soruces into respected folders in shared folder.
- Used VBScript and ASP Objects for Server Side Scripting.
- Utilized ADO components in ASP pages to interact with the database.
- Extensively called COM objects in ASP to retrieve the database information using ADO.
- Performed Adhoc, Unit and Integration Testing.
- Used XML for parsing the data.
- Used Visual Source Safe for maintaining the versions.
- Created Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Reports for the Management Team using Crystal Reports.
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting and customer support.
- Ensure proper functioning of applications in a production environment.
- Analyzed and rectified help desk tickets.
- Automate tests using WinRunner 5.0.
- Review the application’s specifications and then build test conditions and scripts for system testing through acceptance testing.
- Extensively used SQL queries to maintain quality of the received flat file data for each service and update the data where necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge on RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts. Involved in Tracking, Reviewing, Analyzing, Comparing bugs and Reporting defects using Mercury’s Test Director.
- Written and Executed basic UNIX commands.
- Various documents like Scripts, Test flows, Test performance etc., were built using MS-Word and Excel.
- Performed Black Box, GUI, System, Functional, Regression, Integration, End-to-End and User Acceptance Testing of the Application.
- Extensively involved in testing the application, which was executed in two phases. Initial testing was conducted manually and later phase was executed using WinRunner 5.0.
- Involved in the development of test procedures for various stages like Integration, System and User Acceptance Testing, Positive and Negative Testing.
- Involved in daily Triage Team meeting, which involve QA Manager, Dev Manager, QA Tester and some times Developer. In this meeting each defect is analyzed and defect priority may be changed.
Environment: Win Runner 5.0, TestDirector 5.0, UNIX, Java, C++, Oracle 7.3, Windows NT 4.0.
- In-depth experience writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and executing them.
- Documented elaborated software requirements in the form of test cases and conducted quality assurance activities on software products.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing with Clients and Regression Testing.
- Manually executed all the test cases and recorded actual results against expected results.
- Verified and validated the data by Executing SQL queries in Oracle Database.
- Tested the application for GUI standards by making sure that feel and look a like of all the controls on all the windows of the application are same.
- Designing user friendly forms and reports
- Menu drivers operations provide users to select their option through menu.
- Used Dynamic Link Library procedures.
- Providing integrity constraints and validation checks during data entry.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures and Database Triggers.
- Database connectivity with ODBC.
- Created ActiveX Controls.
- Documentation of Forms and Reports, for more clarity and easier maintenance.
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle 8.0, Windows 95.