- A challenging position where in my experience in Quality Assurance, Data Programming/Analysis, and testing across multiple technologies and platforms could be used and there is an opportunity to learn.
- Over 11 years of total I. Confidential . experience with 7+ years of extensive experience in manual and automated testing by applying quality assurance principles and testing best practices.
- Expertise in Data Warehouse, ETL testing, data migration/conversion testing and Mainframe applications.
- 2 years experience creating automation scripts using HP QTP.
- Working knowledge of Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC. 3 years experience working as Business Analyst, facilitating JAD sessions with business users, created Business Requirements Document with use cases, technical work flow diagrams.
- Experience working with cross - functional team and off shore teams.
- Experience in mentoring Junior QAs, providing test effort, test status to upper management, risk analysis, representing QA team on daily calls.
- Extensive experience in creating test strategy, test cases from business, functional and technical requirements document.
- Experience working on Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting tools, SSRS, Business Objects (BO) and MS-Excel.
- Created automated scripts in SQL, PL/SQL to automate testing efforts.
- Worked on HP QC 10.0, HP QC 11.0 ALM, MS-Team Foundation Server (TFS) and JIRA. Worked in Waterfall and Agile environments using Kanban, Mingle tool.
- Self-starter, focused and pro-active.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and large volumes of work.
- Attention to detail. Have been recognized by my managers and was given Confidential & Confidential Customer Rules award to appreciate my hard work, attention to detail, thoroughness in testing and in depth knowledge about the tool.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center 11.0 ALM, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2008, JIRA, HP Quick Test Professional 9.0
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 8i/10g/11g, AS400, DB2, MS-Access, TOAD.
Data Analytics: Tableau 10.0
BI/ETL/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Objects, Informatica 9.5
Object Oriented/Event Driven Languages: Core Java, C, C++, Visual Basic 6.0, VB.NET
Scripting Languages: HTML, Java Script, VB Script, XML, PL/SQL
Reporting Services: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Software: MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Excel, MS-Visio.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Create and execute test cases to validate various SSIS ETL jobs to load source data into the target data mart. Validate the full load and incremental load into the target database. Verify the data completeness, accuracy and various transformation rules as per data load requirements.
- Validate the data in all Fact and Dimension tables.
- Validate On-Demand parameterized SSIS jobs to load selective data into the data mart as and when required.
- Document and execute test cases for reports as per business requirements. Test the reports in Test environment, UAT as well as in Production. Participate in production deployments and perform smoke test during deployment to make sure any new reports or enhancements have been deployed correctly and working as expected.
- Perform regression testing using HP UFT.
- Also tested the reports created in Tableau 10.0
- Worked closely with Business users, SMEs, developers and participate in daily status calls.
- Update the testing progress/activities in JIRA.
- Using ALM QC to generate Requirement Traceability Matrix and reporting to show testing progress, open and closed defects and other testing reports as requested by the project team.
- Discuss any open defects, show stoppers and blockers with the project team. Represent QA team in the daily meetings.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. ETL Tester
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, AS/400, DB2, SQL Server 2008, JBOSS Enterprise 9.0, Oracle 11g, HP ALM-Quality Center 11.5, HP UFT 11.5, Tomcat 6.0, Apache Camel 2.1, Java 1.6., ASP.NET, Tibco, ActiveMQ, Real Time Messaging
- Performed functional test, regression test, user acceptance test and smoke tests on target system. Executed automation scripts in QTP (HP UFT) for functional regression testing.
- Tested various applications developed in ASP.NET, MuleSoft. Tested MainFrame application with AS/400 which was used to create and edit Customer accounts.
- Involved in testing SalesForce application for one year.
- Written and executed SQL stored procedures to validate the data loaded in target system from various source systems (SQL Server 2008, AS400, Flat files) and ETL transformations are done correctly, data is cleansed and standardized according to the mapping documents.
- Executed test cases to validate initial and incremental load from various source systems through ETL and/or web services real time. Identify duplicates, fallouts or missing data. Look into error logs for any rejected data due to missing LOVs, bad input etc.
- Verify that customer data has been matched and merged in MDM HUB based on the match-merge rules.
- Monitored TIBCO queues and Active MQ to capture inbound and outbound XML messages. Manually validate the XML messages and verify that MDM is generating correct SIP messages based on what events are triggered in HUB and is writing the correct data in SIP messages. Validate the conversion of SIP messages into canonical XML messages.
- Participate in weekly architecture meetings to discuss issues and make suggestions to improve the existing code design. Schedule meetings with Business Analysts to review business requirements, discuss any gaps or ambiguities identified in the requirements. Review test cases with the development team and Business Analysts.
- Discuss any open defects with the team in daily scrum call. Schedule meetings with development team to discuss any critical defects.
- Coordinated with different teams sending the data into OVC (target system) as well as with the team consuming the data from OVC. Provided 1st-tier production support and acted as 1st point of conatct for the consuming teams.
- Upload Requirements in HP ALM-QC 11 and map each requirement to the test cases to provide traceability matrix. Log defects in ALM-QC 11 and Mingle.
- Used both Waterfall and Agile methodologies and represent the QA team in daily stand-ups.
- Lead the team of 4 QAs in absence of QA Team Lead.
Confidential, Concord, CA
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2008, DB2, PL/SQL, C#.NET, XML, HP Quality Center 11.0, MS- Team Foundation Server .
- Review functional specification and technical requirements document. Meet with business systems consultants and discuss any ambiguities or gaps identified in the requirements.
- Create test cases based on the rules provided in technical requirements document. Write positive and negative test cases and review them with the team to ensure full coverage of each requirement. Written automated data validation SQL scripts.
- Performed data migration testing and validated the data loaded from source database (DB2) in target database (SQL server) after executing the ETL job/SSIS. Verified that all the data transformations are done correctly according to the technical requirements document.
- Performed data cleansing by removing and replacing incorrect data to make sure that the data set is consistent. Performed data profiling on the existing database to identify level of data quality and provide metrics.
- Responsible for data warehousing testing, verified that various Fact and Dimension tables are populated correctly, all required integrity constraints are applied and all the converted data adheres to the business logic.
- Tested various reports built in SSRS, verified the report layout, data in the report and business logic applied to the data.
- Performed unit, integration and regression and user acceptance testing (UAT) to verify the functionality and to validate the reports data, field level data values and done data comparison with the source data.
- Create requirements in HP Quality Center, map each test case to the requirements and move them to the test lab.
- Setup test data and execute test cases to make sure that data is converted and mapped correctly according to the business rules provided.
- Test the End to End ETL process; monitor the data and status of each client as ETL progresses.
- Look into the logs to identify the reason of non-successful conversion of a client.
- Log defects in MS-TFS and retest them as they are resolved. Discuss defects and represent the QA team on defect call.
- Execute smoke tests after each new build to make sure the build is stable.
- Work closely with the business and development team in a large and well-structured team.
- Mentor the other newly hired QA folks in the team.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Healthcare Testing Data Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2008, ASP.Net, C#, JQuery, Ajax, MVC framework, TFS 9.0, JIRA, Agile methodology.
- Working in Agile environment. Analyze business and user requirements and facilitate meetings with business clients and development team to discuss any gaps, issues or risks identified in requirements.
- Creating test plans, test cases based on the business requirements, work flow diagrams and use cases as described in the requirements document.
- Execute SQL queries to validate that data on front end is according to the business logic. Written SQL test scripts/stored procedures to automate the testing process.
- Testing ETL process (SSIS packages) used to load the raw data from source .csv files into the target database i.e. SQL Server 2005. Look into the log tables after ETL job is ran and help in identifying the cause whenever a job fails.
- Performed data warehouse testing after the data is successfully loaded in target database. Verify that all required data from source files has been completely and correctly populated in various Fact/Dimension tables according to the business requirements.
- Help in troubleshooting defects by looking into the code and logs.
- Performing database, functional, integration, regression, and post deployment testing.
- Using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for logging and tracking defects as well as handling new requirements or change requests.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Systems Analyst
Environment: SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, TOAD, Confidential -SQL, Cold Fusion, Flex, Java Script, PL/SQL, HP Quality Center 9.0 and HP Quality Center 10.0, MS-Visio, Business Objects.
- Gather business requirements by facilitating meetings with business stakeholders and acted as a liaison between both the customer and developers.
- Solely responsible for gathering requirements by facilitating JAD sessions with Business stakeholdrs. Create work flows using MS-Visio as well as testing a large scale Flex application to be used by technicians in all 22 states to do their vacation polling.
- Created test plan, test cases and traceability matrix based on business requirements. Executed test cases and log defects in Quality Center 10.0. Linked the requirements to test cases and created QC reports/graphs to see the progress of testing. Worked on QC Requirements, Dashboard, Test Lab and Defects modules.
- Performed ETL testing and validated the converted data received from source database or .csv files and transformed, loaded through DTSx packages and SSIS packages.
- Performed functional testing, backend testing, usability testing, regression testing, system testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Also provided test case document and a test application to the end clients for testing on their end (beta testing).
- Lead the daily status calls for GO/NO GO decision.
- Performed white box testing (unit testing) and integration testing on back end processes like batch jobs, DTS packages, SSIS, stored procedures and also performance tuning of the front end reports by modifying the SQL queries.
- Worked on TOAD and written Confidential -SQL queries to validate the data displayed on the front-end with Oracle as backend.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Environment: Windows 2000, HTML, XML, Oracle, QTP 8.2, Informatica PowerCenter 8.6, Java, JSP, HP Quality Center 9.0
- Analyzed the Business and User requirements and created test plan and test specifications.
- Defined the test criteria and project schedules, and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Worked with the automation and data integration team integrating the system and developing utilities in support of the new software. Involved in functional testing performed on various objects.
- Tested the ETL process and validated the data loaded in source tables by comparing it against source data and business logic. Tested Ran SQL queries and stored procedures for database testing for the validation of the data displayed.
- Developed Test Cases and automated Test scripts based on the functionality of individual screens and overall system flow. Performed Data Driven Test using the test Data from Data files, Excel files etc…
- Reported bugs after detecting them and kept track of them using the Quality Center. Worked with Requirements, Test Lab and Defects module in QC. Loaded test cases from excel sheet into Test Lab. Generated various reports in QC to view the progress of testing.
- Responsible in creating and modifying the existing documentation and submitting them in perforce (Version control System).
- Handling Different Exceptions through report events to ensure that script runs smoothly without any obstacles.
- Involved in creating and grouping Test Cases for running them in unattended mode
- Involved in designing and implementing the QA Process using RUP (Rational Unified Process)
- Maintained Test Matrix for latest test results information in excel
- Executed tests in Debug mode to make sure they run smoothly by inserting breakpoints, monitor variables and control the tests to identify and isolate defects.
- Performed Regression testing of the application when new objects are added to the application.