Seeking a challenging position in the area of Software Quality Assurance, where I can utilize my skills, abilities and experience efficiently for organizational growth as well as enhancing my career.
- Detail - oriented Software Quality Assurance professional with 9 years of manual and automation testing experience in web, windows and client/server applications.
- Proven record of successful contribution in full software development life cycle, planning, implementing testing activities, resource management, embrace innovation and improving overall quality of the software product.
- Adept in gathering business requirements, developing test plans, writing test cases, executing, automating and reporting.
- Actively interacted with development team, business analysts, stakeholders, users and lead off-shore teams.
- Diversified testing experience in Merchant Services, Clarity PPM, Healthcare, Banking, Retail domains using testing methodologies and tools.
- Proactive, Deadline-driven, with strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Functional, GUI and System Testing
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) Integration, Regression and Production Testing
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies Browser Compatibility Testing
- Business Process and Requirement gathering User Acceptance Testing (UAT), End User Support
- Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts creation Performance Testing and Smoke Testing
- Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) Back End Testing/Executing SQL queries
- Documentation, Defect tracking, Reporting/Metrics Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Report Testing (Business Objects), Clarity PPM Impact Assessment, Project Slotting, Demand
- On - shore/Off site model. Management, Change Release, ITIL/SAM
- Bravo and performance recognitions Merchant Boarding, MAMA, Merchant Manager Automation, SOAP UI, ACTS, Selenium, TOSCA CMS, MAI, RMW, FDPOS, Sales Force, AWS basics
- ISTQB Certified - CTFL, CFTL- Agile Tester
Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center 9.0,9.2,10, ALM (QC 11), TFS, IBM Rational Tools
Automation: HP QTP 9.2, 9.5, 11, UFT12, Selenium, ACTS, TOSCA, API, Postman
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA 5.2, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, Rational Test Manager
MS: DOS, Windows 2003/2007/2008/2010 , XP, UNIX
Languages: C, SQL
Web Browsers: IE8, 9, 11, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, iOS, Safari
MS: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Web Technologies: HTTP, HTML, CSS, XML, SOAP UI, RESTFul
Additional: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power point, MS Project, SharePoint, CA Clarity PPM, Service Desk Management, BMC Remedy
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Test Analyst / Test Lead
- As a QA Test lead involved in all phases of STLC, including test effort estimation, resource planning, allocations and implemented planned test deliverables of the supported applications.
- Managed Manual and Automated testing activities for large to complex projects with high quality.
- Acted as Subject Matter Expert and mentored QA team of 10-12 members.
- Participated in daily Scrum calls, facilitated daily QA status and defect calls as needed for appropriate hand off of testing.
- Actively collaborated with different application development, cross-functional teams, business analysts, Product team, stakeholders/users and off-shore team to define the scope of testing and resolve issues.
- Streamlined testing processes in agile environment and supported monthly release cycles.
- Proficient in requirement gathering, developing and executing formal test strategy, test plans, overseeing test case creation, test case reviews, execution based on Business Requirement documents, Use Cases, Flow charts and Functional Specifications.
- Conducted Ad-hoc, Network, Integration, Functional, GUI, System, Regression, Browser Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Production Validation.
- Kept senior management, product team, executive leadership abreast with project test status, monthly metrics, service delivery, project health, process and lessons learnt documentation.
- Experience in impact assessment, slotting process and change release approvals.
- Informed and cognizant of the key processes, test environment, servers patching and the business rules that impact the development and implementation of IT products.
- Increased resource efficiency by cross training of internal applications.
- Researched, continuously learned new tools, training sessions in cyber security and also implemented automation approaches.
Environment: Java, Windows 7, IE10,11, Clarity PPM, ADP, SharePoint, Tableau, JIRA, IBM Rational Test Management/CLM Tools, Selenium frame work, API, SOAP UI, TOSCA, Merchant Boarding, Sales Navigation, Market Place, Merchant Authentication, M-Manager, Sales force, Docusign, Client Maintenance, Credit Decision, Diligence, RMW, Data Science, Security, FDPOS, Business Track, Clover, TIMS (Tax/IRS), XML, HTTP, HTML, Oracle 12g, SQL, TOSCA, CA Service Desk Management, BMC Remedy.9 (ITSM.2), Go To Meeting, North Front End.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Quality Assurance Tester
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing of the application in agile environment.
- Gathered, reviewed Business Requirements and Approach documents.
- Participated in daily Scrum calls, Product backlog, Iteration planning and Sprint Review meetings.
- Coordinated with business analyst, application developers, and users in order to understand requirements and code changes. Participated in Test plan design and Test cases creation.
- Involved in test environment, test data set up and implementation.
- Performed Functionality, GUI, System, Integration, Smoke, Retesting, Regression, User Acceptance Testing Compatibility, and Production implementation testing.
- Implemented testing of application upgrade from Version12 to 13.2, 13.3 and 14.2.
- Involved in Enterprise Release software package installation testing.
- Utilizing the knowledge of application functionality assisted enhancement developers in trouble shooting production defects and delivering high quality product to the users.
- Reported and tracked defects identified during testing using defect tracking tool JIRA.
- Tested and documented results of incidents created for enhancement requests of the application during scheduled Iterations/Releases.
- Provided QA metrics during all phases of application testing to the project team.
- Test case documents were updated regularly according to the changing requirements.
- Involved in creating, executing Test Scripts to be used in regression testing using QTP.
- Maintained QTP/UFT test scripts by updating environmental variables, Object Repository, Functional library and executable files.
- Mentored off-shore team in testing and content management developers in creating accurate training material for end users in order to understand the business processes.
- Participated in Back End testing by executing SQL queries in Oracle database.
- Involved in Reports (Business Objects) and Performance Testing of the application.
- Reported weekly QA status to the QA lead, Project Manager and Development team.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed Functional and Business Requirement Documents.
- Worked with QA team, developers, business analyst, and project manager to understand the application functionality and navigation flow in agile environment.
- Attended Sprint review meetings and presented QA tasks progress updates.
- Assisted with Test Plan, Test Scenario and Test Case preparation.
- Created and implemented Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression and Compatibility Testing.
- Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) was created to know the test case coverage.
- Executed test cases in the Test Lab using Quality Center.
- Defects were reported, tracked and prioritized based on severity.
- Monitored status using Quality Center to close the bugs/cases as and when fixed.
- Coordinated with developers and project lead to update the QA issues.
- Validated the functionality of the application by Re-testing the fixed issues.
Environment: .NET, Windows 7, IE8, Mozilla Firefox, XML, HTML, Quality Center 10, Claims Processing, and Oracle 10g.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Gathered, analysed Funtional Requirements, Use Cases and Specification Documents.
- Participated in Daily Scrum and Sprint review meetings in agile methodology.
- Worked closely with Developers, Users and Business Analysts to communicate the testing status.
- Involved in Test plan development and Test case preparation based on the requirements.
- Participated in Functional, GUI, Integration, System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Test results were validated by executing Test cases manually in order to analyze the variation between actual and expected results of the test data.
- Documented the issues raised from the testing using Quality Center.
- Defects were tracked and reported to the software developers.
- After fixing the bugs, Retesting and Regression testing was performed to check the functionality of the application.
- Executed SQL queries to verify the application data at the backend.
Environment: XML, .NET, SQL server, UNIX, Windows XP, Quality Center 10.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Reviewed and Analyzed Requirements, Design documents.
- Provided the necessary feedback to the Business and Development teams.
- Involved in both Manual and Automation Testing of the application in waterfall methodology.
- Identified the appropriate Test Scenarios and developed test cases and test scripts.
- Performed Functional, GUI, Integration, System, Back end and Regression testing.
- Executed test cases in the test lab, logged and tracked defects in Quality center.
- Functional and Regression Testing was performed by executing QTP test scripts.
- Executed SQL scripts to validate test data at the back end.
- Notified status of the Defects and updated progress of the testing efforts to QA team, Development and Project lead.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Business Requirement documents of the application were reviewed.
- Participated in testing phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in waterfall methodology.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers through all phases of testing and ensured the software functionality as per the customer requirements before release.
- Assisted with Test Plan development, Test Scenarios and Test Cases creation.
- Participated in QA review meetings, trainings and provided QA metrics.
- Test cases were maintained, executed, defects were tracked and prioritized based on severity using Quality Center.
- Participated in test environment, test data set up and implementation.
- Performed Functional, GUI, and supported User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Conducted Regression Testing of the Online Quotation Center application.
- Executed SQL queries to test the data integrity of the application at the backend.
Environment: Java, Windows XP/2000, LINUX, Quality Center 9.2, QTP 9.5, IE, SQL server.
Junior QA tester
- Reviewed and analyzed Functional and Business Requirement Documents (FRD/BRD).
- Participated in Manual Testing of the application developed in waterfall environment.
- Involved in development of test data for test scenarios as per the application functionality.
- Wrote Test cases and created test sets based on the requirements.
- Performed Black-box testing and conducted Functionality and Regression testing on various phases of the management software.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results using Quality Center.
- Managed test Plans, test Cases and reported defects after testing.
- Attended QA Meetings and updated the test progress.
Environment: .NET, Quality Center 9.2, MS Office, XML, HTML, SQL server, Windows XP.