- Professional experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that include Requirement Gathering, Analysis/Design, Documentation, Development and Testing.
- Expertise in working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies - SCRUM.
- Experience in performing Integration, System, Smoke, Regression, Security, UAT, GUI and Data Interface Testing.
- Solid experience in writing Test scenarios, Defining Test Cases, Developing and maintaining Test Scripts, Defects and Status Reports.
- Experienced in conducting different types of testing including Black Box Testing, GUI Testing, Data Driven Testing, Back End Testing, Integration, Regression, Sanity, Functional and System testing.
- Used JIRA for Bugs reporting and communicating to developers, Product Owners and test team members.
- Hands on Experience in automated testing, Functional testing depending upon the business logic by creating different types of scripts.
- Execution of Manual and Automation Business Components, Test Scripts through Selenium, advanced rest client and rest client.
- Create, design and maintains teat cases, automation framework scripts, SQL queries and release notes.
- Experience in developing automated test scripts using selenium, Performed Data driven test for testing the application with multiple set of data using selenium.
- Well versed with SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle queries to run the data integrity tests.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver, and Selenium Grid), Test NG, Junit and Eclipse. Experience in performing database testing using Selenium.
- Setup Selenium Web driver to run Selenium scripts on different browsers and different systems.
- Experience building automation framework from scratch using Selenium web driver, JAVA, Junit, Test NG and Eclipse.
- Experience in testing Java Restful web services using advanced rest client/ rest client.
- Have knowledge on testing SOAP web services using SOAP UI.
- Have knowledge of Ecommerce.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in using various kinds of Defect tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Performed back-end testing by executing complex SQL queries on Sql server, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience in writing Java Restful web services using java, j2ee technologies.
- Expertise in Java and OOPS concepts required for Selenium frameworks.
- Hands on experience in Object Repositories tools like SVN, GitHub.
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
Automation Tools/APIs: Selenium (Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid) Cucumber, Testing, JUnit, JIRA, Soap UI, RESTful, QTP/UFT.
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, Test Data, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report
Bug Management Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA, Rally, BugZilla
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins, ANT, Hudson
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, FirePath
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Development methodology: Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Framework: Data Driven, Hybrid Testing Framework, Page Object Model
Programming Languages: Java, Java Script, C++,PHP,VB Script, Python, SQL
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS
Mobile Testing Tools: Perfecto Mobile, Appium
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/XP/10, UNIX, LINUX
QA Tester (Manual and Automation)
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans and test cases and provided the documentation. Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web - based applications.
- Studied and analyzed the Functional Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications and interacted with developers for changes in requirements if any.
- Performed hands on testing on web based applications such as Fraud Risk and Cards Authorization Application, Credit line Decrease (CLD), Credit Line Increase (CLI).
- Developing Test plan of the application as per technical specifications.
- Involved in writing Unit and Regression Test cases for the Product.
- Involved in setting up the automation framework using Selenium Web Driver, Testing.
- Used Xpath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Testing and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Web Driver in Java and performing unit testing by using Testing and generated reports.
- Creating and maintaining various databases using SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Created automated test scripts for validating the nightly product builds and regression testing.
- Maintained Defects using Defect Tracking System in JIRA.
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Performed all test assignments to ensure the application meets business requirements and client expectations.
- Interacted with developers & various members of project team to discuss and resolve defects and to determine their priorities.
- Summarize test results in formula test analysis reports according to the documentation standards.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium Web Driver, Testing, SQL, Quality Center, Jenkins, SVN, Windows XP, MS Access and MS Excel.
Software Tester/ QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy and Test Plans.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web Driver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web Driver, protractor to handle Angular JS, Testing technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Testing framework.
- Perform QA Smoke, Acceptance, Regression, Function, UI, Usability and Compatibility Testing
- Automate test cases, test suites for Regression Testing via Selenium WebDriver
- Write SQA test documentation such as test plans, test cases, test matrices, check lists
- Actively participate in regular QA team meetings to discuss SQA testing process and suggest improvements to the application design and features
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / Testing).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Testing tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java, Python using Junit prior to agile release.
- Created SSIS package to check XML file validation and data validation to match the requirements.
- Performance, Load and stress testing with the complete cycle of Load test planning starting from creating the Load Dictionary and Test plan then to Live/Simulated data and created scripts and analyze and publish the test results with suggestions.
- Performed white box testing using Testing for class, method, & Web services testing.
- Created & executed manual test scripts for Functional and Regression testing of migrated Personal.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Created SSIS packages to transfer XML file data into SQL server database
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used web - debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and FirePath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used SSIS and extract transform loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM 11.0, Guidewire Suite, Confluence, SSIS/ SSRS, DB2, Agile, MS Office, Rally, IE 11, Mozilla, Jira, SDLC, Chrome, Windows NT/7
Software Test Engineer
Confidential - Bethesda, MD
- Creating and Running Test scenarios, Test cases using QC.
- Functionality, Regression and GUI Testing.
- Preparing Test Summary Reports.
- Reviewing of test scenarios, test cases, test scripts for Regression Testing.
- Involved in Test planning and release reports preparation.
- Participating in weekend reviews with team members
- Designed & developed the Master & detailed Test cases using the Business specifications
- Logging Defects and Defect Tracking using Quality center
- Implemented SDLC for testing life cycles and followed Standard process in application
- Developed SQL Queries for validation and retrieval of data testing, Strong hands on experience in use of SQL scripts
- Creation and maintenance of Requirement Traceability matrix.
Environment: Java, .Net, XML, Quality Center 9.2, Oracle11g.
Confidential - Westminster, MD
- Reviewed Business Requirements Documents and analyzed User Requirements and Functional Specifications to write detailed Test Cases in ALM.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and executing automated/manual test scripts.
- Interacted with business analysts to understand the existing and new Business Rules.
- Developed the RTM by mapping the Test cases and the requirements and maintained the RTM in SharePoint.
- Executed and tracked entire testing efforts through JIRA.
- Automated major test cases using QTP to enhance the regression schedule.
- Worked closely with engineering to support the agile development process.
- Prepared the test data for UAT testing.
- Managed documentation using Confluence.
- Performed Integration, System Testing.
- Web Based application testing
- Software Test Tools including HP Quality Center, QTP/UFT.
- Developing test strategies, test plans based on user stories, functional specifications, use cases, and/or business requirements
- Experience in advanced testing concepts such as traceability matrices, boundary value analysis, state transition testing, test coverage analysis.
Environment: SharePoint, Mercury tools(ALM 11.5, QTP 9.0), HTML, XML, PHP, Oracle 11G, Toad, MS Word, MS Excel, Windows XP.
Confidential - Cary, NC
- Worked as Software Tester and was responsible for writing and execution of test plans, test cases based on the business requirements of the application.
- Involved in peer reviews within the team and with developers to review test design and procedures.
- Performed manual testing to check the functionality.
- Documented and managed all the test cases using MS Word and Excel.
- Testing included White Box, Black Box, Regression, Module level testing, Integration testing, End - to-End testing, Ad-hoc testing.
- SVN was used for the version management.
- Tracked bugs and tested for regression when they were fixed.
- HP QC/ ALM was used to record, track defects, and for generating weekly reports.
- Monitored Clear Quest to close the bugs/defects as and when developers fix the bugs.
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management.
Environment: Bugzilla, CSS, SQL Server, SQL, SVN, internet explorer, QTP, VB script, HTML, Windows.
Junior QA Tester
- Created Test Plans and Test script documents.
- Extensive experience in manual testing of Client/Server and web Applications.
- Analyzing Software Requirement Specification and identifying the required Test Scenarios for Projects.
- Written and executed test cases using Quality Center.
- Conducted Smoke Testing, Functionality testing, and Regression testing.
- Executed Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, and Chrome) of Web based application.
- Defect Reporting and Tracking using Quality center.
- Wrote test cases in Quality center and Prepared traceability matrix to map the requirements.
- Attuned defect triage meetings to go over the defects with the project team.
- Involved in Preparing the daily status and daily reports for the test execution.
- Analyzed and Validated test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action where necessary.
Environment: Waterfall, Mercury Quality Center, MS-Office, Internet Explorer