Accomplished leader in managed (greater than 30) geographically diverse Software Quality Assurance teams. Time tested success in delivering high quality products in the Mobile( iOS /Android/ Windows ), eCommerce & Cloud Platforms via functional, automation and performance test techniques. Deep knowledge of Test Automation frameworks using Java/TestNG/Selenium, API automation (SOATest/SoapUI), Performance Testing(LoadRunner/JMeter), Device Automation tools and defect management strategies. Achieved demonstrable success in supporting the entire Software Development Life Cycle through Agile processes by implementing smart test strategies that improved test automation coverage thereby improving quality efficiencies in a fast paced environment.
Senior Manager, Engineering QA/Quality Expert - Cloud Automation, Security & Performance, SAP
- Development of the QA team of up to 20 professionals and increase the group’s productivity and focus through the identification of resources and priorities necessary to execute plans, tracking performance and make budget/resource reallocation decisions, talent acquisition and development activities and performance management activities include setting performance standards, job goals andappraisals
- Management of QA Automation team to stabilize the Automation framework, enhanced test automation coverage and implementation of Automation as a tool for quality efficiencies. Key achievements in a short span of a year include,
- Successfully implemented automation and regression processes and demonstrated improvements in acceptance and regression run times by 200%
- Successfully implemented API Automation using AAF to replace all the existing API test cases written using Parasoft SOATest tool and delivered automation of REST APIs with the sole focus to reduce the costly UI automation.
- In a short span of time improved test coverage from 47% of the product code coverage to 80% of the product code coverage.
- Revamped SuccessFactor Recruiting Pillar QA task planning methods and improved test coverage. Instituted monthly sprints to address automation requirements and key code backlog areas
- Established new automation training for the scrum teams and development schemes for every Agile release in order to attain automation efficiencies
- Improved the test framework stability, maintained robust automation code by ushering a proactive approach to test quality and early involvement of QA
- Drove shift in QA approach by instituting customer focus within the team, via consistently updating the test sanity beds with top customer facing issues
- Management of Functional test teams working in scrums towards the release of newer Enhancements.
- Conducted Automation workshops to train the functional teams to use Automation to yield efficiencies.
- Implement intelligent test strategies that encompass end-to-end workflows, scale tests and core functional test, assigned Automation consultants with each scrum to help ramp the test efficiencies.
- Implemented the test strategy review process across PM, PO, DEV and QA, to ascertain the same understanding of the user story.
Head of Quality, Performance and Release Management
- Focus on improving the final results and productivity. Process implemented to ensure the success of each phase and deliverables.
- Search and recommended the technological improvements (such as QTP, QC, JMeter, and JUnit Test harness). The success of these technologies has been the driving force behind the company makes standard testing tools.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to quality engineering team to support applications. Support business objectives and interact with other departments.
- Development of quality control is a focus group to take control of overall quality in all departments of Confidential, focusing on the development life cycle, Go / No-Go criteria based on evidence of communication strategies, risk management and processes for process improvement.
- Develop an overall quality of the project. Make sure that all parts of the software development life cycle is respected and all exit and entrance criteria are met throughout the cycle. Test all new and changed applications during the development life cycle.
- Implemented automated release processes in QA and Production.
- Management of budgets welfare team salaries and maintained high retention of employees.
QA Management Consultant
- Manage the team of quality engineers in onshore and offshore.
- Manage the multiple agile releases for Jigsaw Data cloud web application.
- Implement QE best practices for the company objective.
- Manage testing efforts to achieve the quality standards for the Jigsaw product.
- Manage the successful deployment of new and maintenance production releases on multi-tenant production servers in the data center.
- Overall management of Automation, Security, Performance, API testing and Release Management
- Manage the team of quality engineers in onshore and offshore. Manage the multiple agile releases for Confidential Web Application, Web Services and Business Intelligence. Manage the Automation development and efforts to achieve the quality standards for the Confidential product. Partner with the other Vertafore organizations to manage the successful deployment of new and maintenance production releases on multi-tenant production servers in the data center. Fulfilled SAS 70 Compliance for releases.
- Direct the offshore QA manager on the QA team to successfully achieve the organization’s goals and objectives. Managed release deployments using cron jobs and implemented continuous integration. Develop or facilitate design change and manage change process.
- Managed SLA on performance metrics by monitoring the production websites using GOMEZ for availability and response times of the transactions. Hosted Performance SWAT meeting with product management, IT hosting services and development to discuss the performance issues on monthly basis. Conduct security scan and testing using WebInspect for the web product.
- Manage Web services testing and development of test suites using SOAtest. Managed Performance and load testing for every release and performed capacity planning testing. Interpret an extensive variety of business situations, assess risk and opportunities, decide on the best course of action and execute against the plan. Report testing status and metrics data throughout the release test cycle.
- Successfully transitioned offshore QE team from waterfall to scrum/agile methodology
Lead Automation Engineer
- Worked with development to improve the processes and implemented QA best practices on the product line.
- Created automation framework in RUBY/WATIR for the web applications Confidential Central and Operations Systems.
- Involved in the code review, white/black box testing for Jukebox applications.
- Lead the automation efforts for various projects like Music update, Juke Build Automation.
- Worked as QA project lead in the Data warehouse project.
Sr. QA Engineer/ Lead
- Lead the team of 5 quality engineers to complete the testing throughout SDLC.
- Managed testing for multiple products developed in Client Server, Web 2.0, Mobile and Kiosk.
- Created QA Strategy for every Release and product and managed QA effort estimation and QA assignments.
- Performed White box, Black box testing and conducted Load testing for web applications.
- Conducted automation regression testing for various releases.
- Lead and mitigated bug triage sessions in support of a given project.
Automation Project Lead (Consultant)
- Worked as a project lead for Online Banking Automation team.
- Lead automated regression testing for various releases for SIT team