- Around 8 years of experience in Manual & Automation testing in all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Good Automation experience using Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver and TestNG frameworks.
- Experience creating user stories in Product backlog and maintaining Sprint backlog.
- Good experience in methodologies like Waterfall, Agile and Scrum processes.
- Hands on experience in Developing, Documenting and Executing Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in validating Regular and Ajax control using Selenium locators (Xpath, CSS, id and name).
- Hands - on experience on various system platforms and operating system like Windows, UNIX/Linux
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance& Software Testing (manual and automation) of Client/server applications, Web applications.
- Excellent experience in Smoke, Functional, Integration, GUI, Regression, System, Compatibility, Performance, Acceptance, Security, Stress, Black Box Testing etc.
- Expert building test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and BDD with Cucumber, Maven, and Page Factory for Page Object Model (POM).
- Good exposure in developing and maintaining Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Experience in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, and Data Provider.
- Hands on experience in Xpath, Firebug, Fire Path, Log4j, Maven and TEST NG annotations.
- Good experience on testing web services (SOAP, REST) using SOAP UI Tools.
- Expert building test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, BDD with Cucumber, Maven, and Page Factory for Page Object Model (POM).
- Expertise in using Bug Tracking Tools Mercury/HP Quality Center, BugZilla and JIRA.
- Good knowledge in Automation of Backend services (RESTFUL) using Java.
- Experience in Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Build tools like Maven, and for version controlling Git.
- Extensive experience in working with databases including Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL.
- Experience with UAT testing along with data setup, Environment setup and coordination between users, Development, Business Analyst and Product Management teams.
- Highly communicative with other key participants including client, detail oriented, excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-starter with capability to adapt and learn new tools, techniques, approaches and leadership skills
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems
- A complete Tech Savvy and Positive attitude to expand present knowledge base, energetic, active team player with positive and forward-looking attitude.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Series, UNIX, LINUX
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SoapUI, Cucumber, Postman, Selenium Grid
Languages/IDEs: Java/J2EE, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Eclipse
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum
Build Automation Tools: Maven
SCM Tools: SVN, Git, GitHub
Integration Tools: Jenkins
Web Services: SOA, SOAP, Rest, Restful
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle
Defect Tracking Tool: Jira, BugZilla, Quality Centre
Confidential, Oak Ridge, NJ
QA Selenium Automation Tester
- Involved in all SDLC phases using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Worked on Selenium Web driver to write automation scripts for functional and regression testing.
- Design Data driven framework for Selenium automation using Web Driver, Java and TestNG in Page Object Model Design Pattern.
- Involved in Data Driven and Keyword Driven framework to maintain test suite.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium, Java, TestNG and Cucumber as part of Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD).
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Selenium Web Driver with Java.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java and TestNG Framework.
- Involved in development of Data-Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using complex SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Work with the Automation Engineer team to automate test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, enhance the scripts and synchronize the scripts and save the time for regression testing, smoke, and sanity testing.
- Responsible for working on enhancing the Automation framework using Maven, Run the Test suite using TestNG.
- Used Selenium Web driver, Eclipse, Java and TestNG frameworks in creating test scripts, Annotation, Parameterization, Data providers, Test suites and HTML reports.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Performed Web Services Testing by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Tested web services using REST client and analyzed JSON response.
- Involved in tracking, reviewing, analyzing defects using JIRA.
- Extensively worked with GIT Version Control System.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Java to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Tested Web Services using SoapUI tool, validating WSDL, request and response.
Confidential, Branford, CT
QA Selenium Tester
- Involved in Scrum meetings, Story boarding, daily stand up meetings.
- Responsible for Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Smoke Testing of the application.
- Developed Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Extensively used selenium XPath and CSS locators to test the web applications.
- Prepared regression and functional test scripts using Selenium.
- Created test suite for smoke in TestNG and extended automation framework to latest code coverage.
- Worked on SOAP UI and Postman tools for testing Soap/Rest API testing.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining test cases, test runs using HP ALM.
- Understand and convert User Stories and system requirements into positive and negative test cases.
- Used java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked Closely with Development team to understand SOA architecture.
- Created scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and setup with Jenkins to run after deployment is done.
- Performed Smoke testing for basic functionality checking as Entry criteria for the System Testing.
- Provided the UAT and Production support for Test Script execution and Defect retest.
- Organize defect triage calls with Development and Business team to resolve outstanding issues.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports and prepared Weekly Status Reports.
- Provided feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
Environment: Windows, Linux, Agile, HP ALM, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, VersionOne, SOA, SoapUI, Postman, Eclipse, Maven, Java, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS.
QA Automation Test Engineer/ QA Manual Tester
- Creation of Automation test cases using Selenium and TestNG for reporting
- Designing, writing and executing test cases on Integration Testing in SOAP UI for SOAP Web Services.
- Designing, writing and executing test cases on Integration Testing in SOAP UI for RESTful Web Services.
- Review of the SOA Automation test cases created by the team.
- Experienced in SOA, SOAPUI/RESTFUL Web Services Testing. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Requested WSDL's & XSD's from developers to understand the required and optional elements within a schema and developed the test scope and test data accordingly
- Generating automated test reports using Asserts in SOAP UI tool.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Created Automation Regression test cases for new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Involved in testing an application which will send and receive messages to the queue(p2p) and topic(publish/subscribe)
Selenium Automation Test Engineer
- Involved in Analysis of Business Requirements, Use Cases, Design Flowcharts and Software Requirements.
- Creation of automation test cases using Selenium and TestNG for reporting
- Experience with TOAD for backend data validation.
- Involved in walkthrough of the application to the team in case of any queries.
- Analyzed the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and or test data verification purposes
- Created Automation Regression test cases using Selenium for new builds, every modification in the application.
- Follow up with Development team on defect resolution. Updating daily status to Release Manager which includes issues, action items, defect status etc.
- Involved in verifying the Requirements document of every enhancement (evolution) and asking any business related doubts.
- Involved in writing the test plan and test cases for each evolution.
- Planning of resources and test case review
- Involved in uploading, executing and defect tracking of test cases in Quality Centre.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Played an important role in the project’s Client Releases; also to verify the release documents and configuration changes that are made present in the release document.
- Involved in installing the releases in the integration systems. Analyzed issue that occurred and came to a valid conclusion and provided required solution
- Involved in bringing up new setups that are required by the project for its analysis and to upgrade the setups to the latest version.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Been an active part of the integration testing as BNW is an integrated environment and communication happens through messages between these environments.
- Provided and Facilitated Knowledge Transfer sessions to the offshore clients QA team as to what to expect from each module, provided complete walkthrough of test cases to them for reference.
- Worked with development team on defect reporting, fixes and resolution; update management on testing results, activities and planning using QC
- Was an On-Site resource for the testing team.
- Performed testing at Client location.