- A dynamic and a result oriented SDET/QA Automation Tester with 7+ years of experience in the IT Industry. Worked on Client/Server, Cloud, Web Services and Web Applications in Manual Testing as well as Automation Testing using Java, Selenium on various domains like Banking, HealthCare, Ecommerce and Insurance.
- A dynamic and a result oriented SDET/QA Automation Tester with 7+ years of experience in the IT Industry.
- Experience in working on different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in Creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, writing and executing Test Cases, Task Scheduling, Manual Testing and Automated Testing, Defect Tracking, Test Coverage and Test Summary Reports and well versed in different management scenarios like Quality Assurance and Change control.
- Experienced in attending Sprint Planning Meetings, Requirements Grooming Sessions, Scrum Meetings, Sprint Review Meetings, Sprint Retrospective Meetings and worked very closely with Product Owners and Scrum Masters in Agile Projects.
- Solid knowledge in Java and OOPS concepts (Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism), Object, Method, Interface, Abstract Class, Keywords and Variables required for Selenium frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in working with open source automation testing tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid), Web Services SoapUI, Unit testing Frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG, BDD Framework such as Cucumber and, Bug tracking tool JIRA and IDE tool Eclipse.
- Experienced in setting up full CICD Process right from creating the Jenkin jobs for various test suites and setting up pipeline dependencies and automated scheduling.
- Implemented different automation frameworks like Data - Driven Framework, Keyword-Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, Behavior Driven Development Framework/Acceptance Test-Driven Development Framework (BDD/ATDD), Page Object Model Framework, using Selenium WebDriver for many projects.
- Worked extensively in writing and executing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java for cross browsing testing.
- Hands on experience in developing BDD Framework using Cucumber API in building Feature Files which contains Feature and Scenarios with Given, When, And, then steps, Step definitions for writing the test scripts and Test Runner for test execution along with Selenium WebDriver.
- Expertise in using different Spying tools like Firebug and Firepath element as a Firefox add-on for addressing web elements using locator’s ID, Class name, CSS Selector, Xpath etc.
- Experience in Java programming language using IDE tool Eclipse and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG unit testing frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports.
- Expertise in developing Test Framework from scratch using Page Object Model (POM) and maintaining the object repositories, experience in using java libraries like Apache poi and jxl.
- Hands on experience in using project building tools like MAVEN in adding dependencies by maintaining in pom.xml file and on version control tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as HP Quality Center (QC)/Application Life Cycle Management (ALM), Rally, JIRA and Bugzilla bug reporting tools to track test progress, test execution and deliverables.
- Experienced in performing Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) automation using Jenkins tool for scheduling the jobs and expertise working on configuration management tool Subversion.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j for various log levels.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Solid knowledge and expertise in Black Box Testing Techniques such as Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Comparison Testing and Error Guessing.
- Participated in Requirement review meetings, analyzed requirements, developing test plan and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Management, Reporting and Tracking.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and performing Database Testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Worked with Cross functional testing teams and developers for closing defects.
- Proficient in performing different kinds of testing like Smoke, Sanity, Functional, GUI, Backend, White Box, Parallel Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing & UAT.
- Performed duties as an individual contributor and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
- A keen communicator with honed interpersonal, problem solving and analytical abilities. Working with the local leads in managing the project deadlines and allocating the workload to the resources.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and compliance of quality assurance testing strategies, policies, procedures, standards, templates and governance.
Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, BDD, Cucumber
CICD Tools: Jenkins, Git, GitHub, CICD Pipelines, Bamboo
Frameworks: Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid, BDD, Page Object Model (POM), JUNIT, Test NG
Build /Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla
Web Service Tool: Rest Assured, Soap UI, Ready API, Rest Client, Post Man.
Programming Languages: Java, XML, HTML 5, CSS
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,DB2
Development Environment: Eclipse, NetBeans
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN
Web Debugging Tools: Browser Developer Tools, Xpath, Firepath, Firebug
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, SOAP, REST
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
Software Development Engineer in Test - SDET
- Interacted with Client, Product Owner and Development team to understand the User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and gathered Functional and Non-Functional requirements for project release.
- Involved in Requirements gathering and reviewed Business Requirement Specification documentation and participated in preparing Test cases based on Product Backlogs.
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) Methodology.
- Designed, developed and executed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and implemented Behavioral Driven Development Framework, added global reusable libraries, created a package for all page objects using Page Object Model and developed Driver Script.
- Developed BDD Automation Framework using Cucumber tool and developed Feature files which includes Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG Unit Testing Framework by adding different annotations.
- Involved in Regression Testing using Selenium and creation of Automation Scripts for web pages.
- Handled special mouse events and selected the options from the drop-down menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Performed Parallel execution of test scripts on multiple devices with different OS versions and Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria
- Implemented successfully from scratch the ongoing extensive continuous effort of scripting and automating jobs for Grid Performance and Reliability. Automating the scheduling of Jenkins jobs wherever needed for each Checkpoint.
- Created a data driven framework using, Page Object model (POM)
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, GUI Testing, UAT Testing.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using JIRA and reported to developers and test manager.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and T sags.
- Performed GUI and functional testing for different modules of application.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL Queries to fetch data from the Oracle Database.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests by adding dependencies.
- Performed and executed test suite automation scripts using Continuous Integration tool Jenkins.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Reported daily status of data creation and sent weekly status reports.
- Performed Back-end testing to ensure that the user data was updated in database using SQL .
- Attended Bug Meetings and meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
- Designed and executed test cases for new modules of the application including Linux and Web-based applications.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, RC Web Driver, HPQC, Git, GitHub, Eclipse, Java, Maven, TestNG, JIRA, CSS, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, Html, MS Excel, Restful API, SOAP UI, Linux, BDD Framework, Jenkins, POM, X path, Firebug
Sr. Automation Test Engineer
- Developed Test plan, Test Scenario Design, Test cases, Test scripts from the data mapping documents, Functional Specification documents and mapped the test cases with the requirements for generating the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Performed testing on the Web Services API’s using protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP and WSDL using SoapUI tool related with various interfaces.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web driver and Implemented BDD Framework by upgrading the existing Hybrid Framework scripts using Java.
- Managed and coordinated onsite/offshore functional test efforts and automated functional testing.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using BDD approach using Cucumber and created scenarios in feature file using Gherkin language and added step definitions to all scenarios by utilizing the existing reusable methods and page objects from Page object Model (POM).
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium.
- Created HTML test report for the entire test suite by utilizing the testing.xml file.
- Developed Java based library to read test data from XML & Properties files using TestNG and Selenium.
- Automated Parallel, Cross-Browser Testing using Selenium GRID and TestNG.
- Configured Maven builds scripts to run tests on Jenkins, generates reports and sends notifications.
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
- Used Postman to manually run API Tests and also verify Web Services.
- Performed Selenium Synchronization using Explicit & Implicit waits.
- Back-end database testing using SQL queries to validate complex content-including Inner Joins, Outer Joins, unions etc. and also for data mapping and data integrity.
- Conducting Regression Testing whenever some code module is changed identified risks and developed mitigation strategies.
- Executed automated testing in QC to test the front-end functionality of the application.
- Used HP Quality Center for viewing and analyzing test results and also for defect tracking and reporting which occurred during execution of test scripts.
- Generated weekly Status Reports to the team manager and participated in daily standup meetings, weekly Status Meetings and Scrum meetings with Team members, Team managers, Business analysts and Technical team and end-clients.
- Interacted with developers, business & management teams and end users in case of issues over defects/ requirements.
Environment: Java, Selenium, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, HP ALM/Quality Center 10, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, XML, SOAP, HTML, SOAP UI, Jenkins,Windows 8.
Confidential, Reston, VA
QA Test Engineer
- Reviewed Design documents & Business Requirements Specification Document (BRD) and Use case to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases in Waterfall Methodology.
- Implemented and executed Test cases on different browsers concurrently by integrating Junit Framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Maintained the Reusable library of methods and all the page objects in the configuration file using. props file.
- Involved with all types of manual testing like Functional testing, Adhoc testing, Smoke testing, Positive & Negative testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, GUI testing & Browser Compatibility testing .
- Wrote complex SQL Queries to validate the integrity of the database and tested database tables data.
- Used SQL statements to extract data from the tables to validate test results in SQL server.
- Interacted with developers, business analysts and discussed technical problems and reported bugs.
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixing use JIRA test management tool.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle such as Requirements Capturing, Analysis, Test Plan, Test Scenario Design, Test Case Development, Test Execution, Defect Analysis, Defect Tracking, Test Cycle Enclosure, and Test Result Analysis.
- Used UNIX operating system to check error log file.
- Developed test related documents including Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Validate compliance with business requirements in System Test and UAT Environments.
- Tested Web Services using SOAP UI tool and Rest Client plugin for Firefox by consuming WSDL and WADL files and validated the response against the database and inserted assertions.
- Actively participated to setup the test environment for the application needed to be deployed into test environment.
- Provided support to deployment team and run different batch jobs during smooth deployment.
- Worked very closely with developers to achieve a high level of code coverage in the stage of bug fixing for producing better quality application.
Environment : Java, Selenium, JIRA, UNIX, Oracle, MS-Office, XML, SQL Server, HTML, Firebug, Eclipse, Junit, SOAP UI, RESP API, WSDL, WADL.
Automation Test Engineer
- Provided end to end testing services for the Ecommerce web application.
- Involved and implemented the daily tasks like Test Strategy and Test planning Test Scripting, creating Test Scenarios.
- Involved in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, RTM, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test.
- Designed & Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed GUI functional testing manually for the application.
- Expertise in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test Case Review, Test Case Execution, Writing Test scripts, testing tools Usage, Defect management, and Prepare Test reports.
- Developed user defined functions for different selenium locator types.
- Designed and reviewed the test scenarios and scripts for given functional requirements and automated test cases in Selenium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP, Restful Web Services and SOA architecture application using SOAP UI tool and RESTAPI.
- Used Quality Center(QC) to report the system testing defects to the development team
- Performed Smoke, System testing, Integration Testing, Regression testing, User acceptance testing and Database testing. on web applications at various phases of the Project life Cycle.
- Extensively used SQL query statements to verify the data integrity and validation between the front-end values with the backend database values of the application.
- Used Several TestNG Annotations to take advantage of test lifecycle.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to next quarter release.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Restful.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test Suites using XML / SOAP using Soap UI and Postman tool.
- Designed data-driven testing in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Setup /Installed and Configured Selenium IDE.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests. Record and plays back test in Firefox using Selenium IDE for UI automation testing. Created test scripts and automated them by using Selenium IDE.
- Performed browser compatibility testing of application under various cross browsers (Safari, Firefox, IE, Chrome) using HTML IDs and XPATH in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementing logging and tracking using Jira.
Environment: Java, JIRA, Jenkins, ALM, SOA Tester,SOAP UI, REST API, Eclipse, Junit, Cucumber, HTML5, CSS, Oracle, Maven, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Windows 7/XP/Vista.
Jr. Java Developer
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java coding.
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Involved in the front-end coding using Struts concepts like Action classes, Tiles framework, Dyna Action Form Beans.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Struts Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC and EJB framework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Java, JDK, Struts, Eclipse, Web Logic, Junit, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows, HTML, CSS,Maven, GIT.