- Over 3 + years of experience working as QA Automation Engineer with thorough understanding and experience working on Client/Server, web applications, mobile and web - based systems. Hands on experience in Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall methodologies. Proficient expertise in utilizing automation tools like Selenium Web-driver, Cucumber, Appium, UFT, JMeter, and JUnit for testing UI/API testing for web, client and mobile applications. Extensively used defect and application life cycle management tools like HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA. Possess strong work ethics and effective communication skills with capabilities in dealing with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Excellent understanding of the Bug Life Cycle, the Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Proficient expertise working with various methodologies like Agile (Scrum), Waterfall and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Adept in understanding and analyzing the Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional and Non-Functional Requirement Document (FRD, Non-FRD), System Specification Document (SSD), and System Design Document (SDD).
- Extensive experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases for Siebel CRM as well as Web and mobile based applications.
- Worked Extensively on OBIEE Administration Tool and Presentation Services.
- Experience in various types of testing including Smoke/Sanity Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, End-to-End Testing, Sanity Testing, UAT Testing, and System Testing.
- Experience in employing Appium framework for testing hybrid, native and mobile web applications.
- Experience with Application Bug Life Cycle management tools and Defect Tracking and Reporting tools such as HP ALM and JIRA.
- Acquainted with Object oriented concepts in Java Concepts mainly created and executed test cases on OOPS, Collection Method concepts.
- Extensively used automated test tools like Selenium for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Expert in developing Automation Framework Using Selenium Web Driver and J2EE.
- Excellent experience on Unit Testing Frameworks like JUnit and TestNG.
- Good experience on Build and Configuration Tools like ANT and MAVEN.
- Expertise in writing Test strategy, Test Plan Preparation and Implementation, Test Case Design, Test Tool usage, Test execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking.
- Extensively worked on various Testing types such as Integration, System, Functional, Regression, Sanity, Smoke, User-interface (GUI), Data base and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance Testing
- Good experience on Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, and Gherkins.
- Carried out Manual Testing with UNIX Shell scripts, and SQL scripts.
- Proficient in testing the product using SQL Queries/ UNIX commands for the DB check and server startup/new builds.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines and multiple projects effectively through a combination of business and technical skills.
- Expertise on Testing REST API using Robot Framework and SoapUI.
- Strong knowledge in web services testing via Tool SoapUI/ Restful web services.
- Strong knowledge on Hadoop and No-SQL data bases like Mongo DB.
- Extensive experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Good knowledge and testing experience on Mobile testing tool like Appium.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as TFS and Git.
- Good knowledge on cloud technologies like AWS, and Azure.
- Advanced-Expert level of Excel skills including working with pivot tables and creation of charts.
- Used SQL queries for end to end testing, database testing, and backend testing.
- Experience in interacting with System Architects, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), Developers, Business Analysts, and Offshore Team.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills, reliable and able to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities with an attention to detail and ability to multitask.
Methodologies: Agile (SCRUM), RUP & Waterfall
Modelling Tools: MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel
DBMS Tools: DB Mongo, MS SQL, my-SQL, Oracle 16c
Testing Tools: Appium, Selenium Web-Driver, Cucumber, UFT, SoapUI, JMeter, Protractor, JUnit
Languages: Java, C++, Python
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM
CRM Tools: Siebel, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce
Operating Systems: Windows OS, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux
BDD Frameworks: Cucumber, Keyword and Data driven framework
Web Technologies: HTML, AJAX, CSS, Java Script, XML, Amazon Web Service, SOAP, XSL, XSLT, XHTML
Build Tools: Ant & Maven
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Unit Test Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Participated in Functional Requirement reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Analyzed Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and Systems Specification Document (SSD) to understand the requirements.
- Created and maintained Spreadsheets for Test Cases, Test Case versions and its execution and results.
- Performed System Integration testing to verify the interaction between the Siebel system and OBIEE reports.
- Verified that accurate data was being pulled from Siebel into OBIEE Reports.
- Debugging and optimized the OBIEE Dashboards/Reports.
- Worked on automation of test cases using Selenium Web-driver, TestNG, Page object Model (POM).
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Wrote simple to complex SQL queries for testing purpose.
- Validated SOAP UI and Restful API services
- Implemented Selenium tool (Selenium RC, or Selenium GRID).
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute the scripts in cross browsers.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class and method.
- Implemented Simulator for mobile app testing in IOS and Android platform using Appium Tool.
- Experience assessing testing processes, creating, implementing testing strategies and SQA strategies using Agile-testing methodology.
- Involved in GUI testing, End-to-End testing, Functionality testing, Integration testing, Navigation testing, IVR testing, and Regression testing using web and client-server applications.
- Automated test scripts using TestNG framework with Selenium WebDriver for the application.
- Cucumber was used for the entire regression testing and functional testing along with Selenium Web-driver as primary tool to the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test conditions identified.
- Tested REST APIs, Web & Database testing.
- Involved in daily meetings with the technical managers and development leads regarding schedule, resource management and activities tracking.
- Performed Data Validation in Forecasting reports using SQL queries.
- Tested the application extensively and made enhancements by incorporating business suggested modifications.
- Prepared test data by executing SQL queries.
- Tested the Application in different Web Browsers and on Multiple Platforms-UNIX, Linux and Windows.
- Converted manual test cases to automation test scripts.
- Worked with web debugging tools like FirePath and Firebug to handle elements in Selenium IDE and Selenium Web-driver.
- Created defect (bug) tickets in JIRA found in TEST and UAT environments during testing phase.
- Tested Production Bugs in the TEST/UAT Environments after SIEBEL/OBIEE release.
- Helped in developed automated scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Implemented Frame work using Java.
- Created a stable Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver/JAVA that provided Reporting, Logging & Data base validations.
- Created Traceability Matrix in Excel and in JIRA by integrating Test cases with requirements tab.
- Generated status reports and reported them to lead on daily basis.
- Attended and participated in the daily standup meetings, sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and conducted Bug triage meetings with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving conflicts.
QA Automation Tester
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Worked with other development team and operations team members to better understand system functionality to improve testing quality and quicken the delivery of the product.
- Understand Business and Functional Requirements of transactions such as bill payments, transfers, deposits and security access.
- Testing the functionality of each module of web and mobile applications for functionalities like My Accounts, Payments/Transfers, Security Alert, Foreign Transactions and Customer Care Center.
- Performing System Integration Testing on all the modules and running end-to-end tests on the Web and Mobile applications.
- Analyzed technical solutions and derived scope of testing.
- Build and configured test environment with API Web service and Tandem Switch to validate ISO 8583 transaction routing.
- Designed automation framework with Selenium web-driver, Cucumber and TestNG along with Java.
- Developed logical automation solutions to test end to end system validation.
- Implemented multifaceted solutions to test mobile payment transactions with REST API(JSON) and UI validations.
- Created and maintained the test regression suite to support Agile Testing Framework.
- Updated automation scripts with cucumber to support BDD approach.
- Integrated automation scripts using Maven, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Created JMeter scripts and set baseline for Performance testing, create VB scripts to Performance tune.
- Performed ETL transaction processing and validations using SQL queries.
- Performed Tandem Processor interface configurations and Tandem Pathway Server configurations.
- Estimated and track work progress using burn down charts.
- Tracked QA risks/issues and dependencies/assumptions.
- Trained offshore delivery team and provided functional inputs to maximize team performance.
- Certification testing for emerging payments like EMV, (SE) Apple Pay, HCE (Android pay), Wallets and MSI (Samsung Pay) transactions.
- Enhanced automation frameworks using Selenium Web-driver, Cucumber, Test NG for transaction searching and exception handling no harm validations.
- Credit/Prepaid card life cycle processing: Card Management, Fraudulent Management, Interchange Tracking System, Exception Handling and Clearing Processing.
- Front and back end transaction processing: Magnetic Stripe, Card-on-File, Contact, Contactless (NFC), Integrated Circuit Card (EMV), Tokenization and Transaction Encryption Technologies.
- Created transaction profiles and configured scheme simulators for compliance and custom releases.
- Performed offline testing with Master Card using MDFS tool.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to perform database testing.
- Used UI Automation tool for Android and Appium Inspector for iOS.
- Tested cross browser functionality of browser as well such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python and Java Script to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Tested various module features for Functional testing, Component testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in Automation of the test cases using Selenium Web-driver, Junit and Ant.
- Created tests to check application performance with different sets of data.
- Performed the testing using complex SQL Queries and validated the UI values against the database.
- Worked in open-source automation tools (Selenium), developing and running automation test scripts using Selenium Web-driver with Java.
QA Mobile Tester (Automation)
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Participated in functional requirement reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Analyzed and understand Functional Requirements, and Systems Specification Documents for testing purposes.
- Maintained Excel Spreadsheets for Test Cases, Test Case versions and its execution and results.
- Identify the elements using Appium Inspector, Configuring the Appium for the Mobile IOS using Selenium Suite.
- Implemented mobile automation frameworks using Appium.
- Experienced in employing Appium Emulators & IOS Simulators for the Mobile Application Testing.
- Validated the data flow for the table and Database.
- Used HockeyApp and Testflight app for IOS device to test upcoming version and current version.
- Performed the test plans on the web and mobile (IOS & Android) application as per demands using Appium.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing. Test automation for web application and Mainframe application using Cucumber.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Created test data by executing SQL queries.
- Designed and developed Test Case manuals and used JIRA for logging defects and managing defect history.
- Ran and troubleshoot the automated Regression test scripts to make sure that the software changes have no unintended side effects or broken application behavior during bug fixing phase.
- Actively involved in all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC), which includes requirement, analysis, design, development, testing, documentation and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Reviewed test cases with peers, reported any defects found and assigned it to the appropriate person.
- Generated status reports and reported them to QA Automation Lead on daily basis to communicate testing status using defect tracking tools.