- Around 8 years of experience as Quality Automation Tester in multiple domains (Banking & Finance, Retail and Transportation & Logistics domains)
- Extensively involved in Manual Testing, Automation Testing, Mobile Testing, Web Services Testing
- Adept in all types of testing - Functional Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression Testing, Browser compatibility testing and User acceptance testing.
- Proficient in automation testing tool Selenium Webdriver.
- Experienced in developing test automation framework using Page Object Model design.
- Experienced in creating automation scripts using Java and executing test frameworks on TestNG.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and IE browsers using TestNG framework.
- Knowledgeable with source/build systems Maven and version control systems GIT to manage different versions of source code.
- Proficient in continuous Integration testing and continuous deployment using Jenkins.
- Expertise in using Apache POI for data driven frameworks, to load data into required test scripts from external sources like excel sheets.
- Expert in logging framework Log4j to store the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file
- Experienced in testing under Unix, Windows environments.
- Hands on experience in SOAP UI and Postman testing tools for Web services.
- Good knowledge on Database Testing and hands on experience in writing the SQL queries on Oracle.
- Profound understanding and knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), Software Testing life cycle and Defect Life Cycle.
- Expertise in designing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data, Test case Execution, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Test Closure report.
- Experienced in Agile and Waterfall projects. In depth knowledge in analyzing Business Objectives and Functional requirements.
- Experienced in Defect management and Bug Reporting using Mercury Quality Centre (QC), JIRA, HP ALM and TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Highly experienced in coordinating with multiple teams, defects triaging, data management and assisting UAT test team
- Strong analytical and active team member with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technology and testing tools.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG
Defect Tracking/Reporting Tools: Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA and TFS
Source/Build Repository Tools: Maven, GIT
Continuous Integration Tool: Jenkin
Operating System: Unix, Windows
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java
Browsers: Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE, Safari
Mobile Testing devices: iPad II, iPhone 6S, Samsung galaxy Tab, Samsung galaxy S7
Web Services: Soap UI, Postman
Testing Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile
Quality Test Automation Engineer
- Involved in Requirements Gathering from Business analysts, analysis and streamlined the test activities.
- Prepared Test documentation (Test Plan, Test Summary and Smoke test document). Created and executed the test cases in TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Worked on agile/waterfall projects which include projects related to Operations, EDI, Kronos, Web based applications and Legacy.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining both Manual and Automated test suite of the entire project.
- Developed automation framework both Data driven, and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and executed the test scripts using TestNG.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Implemented in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and to generate reports containing test results using listener’s annotation.
- Worked on Capturing Screenshots on Failure or Pass to analyze the test failure reason. Coordinated with application team to ensure resolution of all issues and completion of work on time.
- Expertise in Maven and performed different operations on POM.xml file to gather required dependencies and run numerous test scripts.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Integrate Automation scripts Selenium WebDriver API on continuous integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- TFS has been used to log the defects and communicate with the team. All the test documentation (test results, execution reports, closure report and defect tracking report) is maintained in it under respective project before releases.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries on SQL Server to export test data and to perform data base testing which include validation of data.
- Performed smoke testing, functional testing, regression testing, web service testing, integration testing, Mobile Testing, Cookie testing and UI testing on various web-based applications, EDI and legacy.
- Performed manual black box testing of the application running on IOS and Android devices.
- Hands on experience on SOAP UI and post man tools for web service testing (SOAP and REST). Created test cases, ran them and conducted Load testing for Transit Times project using SOAP UI and exported the results.
- Perform Web Service Testing using JSON and XML, RESTFull API automation with GET/POST/PUT/DELETE
- Helped and supported business with user acceptance testing.
- Ensured that testing follows standard QA guidelines and procedures of R+ .
Software Automation Tester
- Analyzed software specifications and technical service description documents. Identified the Business requirements and involved in Manual testing of the front-end application.
- Responsible for effective reporting to Onsite/Delivery offshore/Onshore management.
- Actively involved in developing the Functional Test plan including testing Scope, Strategy, and identified Test data requirements. Also, prepared Test Scenarios, Test Analysis Report and Defect Report.
- Experienced in integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Developed and enhanced various test scripts using Selenium WebDriver to handle the changes occurred in the web elements during the build releases.
- Introduced and implemented Open Source web test tool Selenium WebDriver using TestNG for cross browser testing
- Designed Data Driven framework for reading the data from excel sheets using Apache POI (Page Object Index) library and TestNG data provider
- Used XPath and CSS to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Tested the application compatibility with IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera browsers.
- Performed web testing for checking page contents, broken links, web objects, frames and tables using selenium webdriver
- Parameterized various links in the application for functional/Integration Testing
- Implemented Java API's Collections, IO and JDBC, Apache POI in WebDriver Scripts.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Executed the test cases and verified results with expected results.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test web services.
- Identified and designed manual test cases that cannot be automated and, maintained all the test cases in the HP ALM.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Reported defects to the team manager and helped the developer to resolve the technical issues.
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Developed Positive and Negative test cases and executed manual test cases using ALM
- Developed detailed Test Plans, Test Cases and responsible for executing the Test Cases, Test Scripts using selenium webdriver.
- Prepared test data for testing the application in various test phases.
- Used Eclipse to debug Java code and utilize Maven as project builder with internal Maven Dependency repository.
- Involved in developing of Hybrid Driven Framework to test the web application and used Maven build tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
- Used Selenium as the automation tool and JIRA as the defect management tool.
- Automated Regression Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and used Jenkins to execute these test scripts periodically using Java.
- Performed Exploratory, Sanity, Functional, System, Integration, Regression, Performance testing, cross browser compatibility and user acceptance testing.
- Developed components for each transaction used in the test script and performed Regression testing and System testing by executing test cases using Selenium Webdriver.
- Maintained automation builds on Continuous Integration (CI) tool Jenkins.
- Used JIRA to define requirements, design test steps, run as test set, report, track and close bugs.
- Worked with development teams investigated and corrected software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Created and executed SQL queries against Oracle database compared the results and analyzed discrepancies.
- Suggested and implemented corrective actions wherever required.
Programmer Analyst, Quality Assurance and Re-engineering
- Handled the Projects single handedly with interaction with Clients and with the Onsite team for Requirements gathering to understand the End-to-End business flow, analysis and implementation.
- Developing Test Plan and Test scripts. Test Data preparation and work with interfacing applications for data needs.
- Extensive experience in performing business functional and non-functional of Manual Testing at various stages of SDLC.
- Performed UI Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing
- Tested Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Develop test plan and test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements
- Used Selenium Web driver to execute test cases during Regression Testing
- Conduct walkthroughs for the review of test cases and test plans with business
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers on different Operating Systems.
- Documented Business requirements in Requirements grid for Quality Center
- Executed Test case and linked them with requirements in Quality Center.
- Assure the accuracy of data by using SQL to query the database
- Verification of Frontend GUI Objects and elements.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Tracking, Documenting, Prioritizing and Versioning of bugs.
- Work closely with the developers for timely defect fixes to ensure efficient retesting of the bugs reported
- Preparing test metrics and reports.
- Executing the project in capacity as a QA tester
- Responsible for testing the Confidential application of business and personal credit card forms at front end.
- Involved in planning test scenarios and writing test cases and test results for application
- Responsible for performing functional and integration testing of procurement software.
- Involved in planning test scenarios and writing test cases and test results for application.
- Performed stress tests on various web applications and ensured its compatibility with operating systems.
- Organized and tested web applications on various platforms.
- Risk Analysis for the Project.
- Defect logging, reporting and tracking using quality center.
- Hands on experience of developing test plans and strategies of testing web applications
- Prepared tests according to business requirements of clients.
- Developed test cases and test plans and prepared all test strategies.
- Coordinated with project managers and developers, and analyzed all tests conducted on various products and components.
- Participating in the Scrum Review/Retrospective meetings.
- Attending the Knowledge based trainings, within the project.