- 9+ years of IT experience in Quality Assurance, Automation Testing and Manual Testing
- Worked on Insurance, Finance, Healthcare and e - commerce applications.
- Extensive experience in using Advanced tools like Selenium WebDriver, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Junit, Selenium Grid, UFT, SOAPUI, Tosca
- Experience in testing QNXT Member, Provider, Claims Processing and Utilization Management, Contracts, and Benefits modules.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for a number of projects
- Experience in working with quality planning, assurance and quality control (QMO).
- Execution of automated test scripts using Mercury Tools (Test Director/Quality Center, LoadRunner, and QTP), JMeter based on business/functional specifications.
- Working within agile development teams with a BDD approach and supporting the developers to quality assure developments in early stage
- Worked with defect tracking tools like Quality Center, Jira and Clear Quest
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC and QA Life cycle, with timely delivery against aggressive timelines.
- Hands on experience with Agile, Scrum and waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Smoke, Sanity, User Acceptance, Black box Testing and Database Testing
- Specialized in performance testing applications using load-testing tools such as Load Runner, Performance Center, Jmeter
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using Quality Center (QC), BugZilla and Jira.
- Worked as lead with small teams, proficient in creating Test cases, Test Scripts for the testing of various types of web applications.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Hands on experience on Soap and Restful web services testing using SOAPUI.
- Designed, maintained and executed the test cases in Quality center tool and logged the defects.
- Worked in conjunction with the Business Analysts and Development teams to analyze and solve the issues
- Experience in performing Backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player delivering under high stress environment with resource constraints.
Testing Tools: Selenium Webdriver,Selenium IDE, RFT, UFT, SOAP UI, Tosca Jmeter, Load Runner
Defect Tracking Tool: Test Director, JIRA, Rational Clear Quest, QC
Database Management: Sybase,DB2,SQL server, Oracle
Programming: Java 8/7/6,JDK 1.5/1.6/1.8, Ruby, HTML, SQL, XML
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX - HP, Linux .
Version Control: Subversion, Perforce, GIT, ClearCase
RDBMS Tools: Toad, SQL Developer, Squirrel, DB Artisian
Others: Microsoft Office, MS Visio, Weblogic, Websphere
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Lead Test Automation
- Worked on automation testing of multiple web & mainframe applications, databases, Web services testing using RFT and Selenium WebDriver
- Enable and support multiple teams to implement test automation in to their projects and build automation suite using Selenium, RFT and Java based frameworks
- Develop re-usable functions to support automation testing of multiple applications to cater new testing requirements like database validation, excel, xml, pdf validations, web services validations.
- SME review of automation scripts developed by automation engineers and troubleshoot various issue faced by automation teams
- Implementation of Agile methodologies using Atlassian tool Jira and continuous integration with Bamboo.
- Actively involved in discussing and analyzing automation requirements of Client teams and suggesting the best suited approach to design automation testing solution and framework to new teams
- Work as a Client facing entity to demonstrate automation accomplishments, value addition and ROI to leadership teams
- Enabling teams to support automation using Cucumber with BDD approach by writing Gherkins Scenarios/features in Jira and step definitions to execute those scenarios
- Worked with Cross-functional project teams that include Development, Marketing and Usability teams to design new automated test cases.
- Support testing teams including Front-end, Regression, Functional, System, Interface, Black box, Integration and User Acceptance Testing
- Participation in project initiation-Solution Overview call and analyzing testing requirements for new systems and provide estimates for QA.
- Worked on Automation testing using Tosca tool as part of a pilot project to evaluate Tosca for various testing requirements like web, desktop and server based applications.
- Works hand in hand with Agile coach/Scrum Master to plan and suggest changes to increase productivity of scrum teams
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Bamboo, Data Driven Framework, ATDD, Jira, BitBucket, RFT, ClearCase, RQM, Agile, Tosca
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Lead Automation Engineer
- Worked with Business Analysts and Developers for requirements review and developing Test Scenarios under portfolio management
- Analyzed Business Requirements, use cases AGILE (SDLC) PROCESS and worked on automation and manual testing of the application
- Worked to create Test Plan and for testing life cycle of application
- Test case automation using Selenium web driver automation tool,
- Development of Test Suites and Services for testing the API's (platform)
- Developed System Test Cases, hybrid Frameworks and procedures to test various application points
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using Selenium Framework.
- Involved in verifying the results by using SQL queries and load testing using Load runner.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross Browser testing.
- Setup Continuous Integration system for QA using Jenkins.
- Test case automation using Cucumber with BDD approach
- Used features of SOAPUI like Data Source, Run Test Case, etc according to the test requirement to optimize the test.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Java, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, SOAPUI, Data Driven Framework, Agile
Confidential, Springfield, IL
Senior Automation Test Engineer
- Gathered specifications and requirements to develop Test Plans and to create Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Performed testing on Product Catalogue, which involves the creation, editing approval and retirement functions for financial products related to e-commerce such as structured products, investment products, Insurance etc.
- Involved in testing of Instrument Master, which is the strategic golden source of static Instrument reference data such as Equities, Options, Warrants, Funds, Bonds, Taxes etc.
- Develop, maintain, test scripts pertaining to ATM/Debit/Credit card processing including regression testing.
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in VB scripting under QTP testing tool (HP UFT).
- Organized the test cases in the HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) for Manual Test execution also generated reports and graph type documents for results using QC.
- Developed and maintained Function Libraries, Object repositories and Descriptive programming techniques in automation testing using QTP.
- Developed the Positive and Negative Test Cases for various modules based on the business requirements.
- Prepared detailed reports of Bugs and Defects, Pass/Fail reports and comparison analysis, and interacted with the development teams, application and data architecture team, migration and build teams and the DBA team to report and correct defects.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test planning, maintain test cases and defects. bugs based on the severity and interfaced with developers to resolve them.
- Execution of daily smoke tests to ensure the deployment of each environment is stable.
- Divided various functional areas of the application into various Risk Levels for effective testing of the application, also risk leveled all the Test Cases accordingly.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Java, J2EE, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Web logic App Server, Quality center, Jmeter, MS Office and SQL Server, UFT/QTP
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Highly experienced in designing and applying test methodologies to ensure products meet required specifications and Performance expectations. Also performed load testing on the application to test the peak loads.
- Developed the Test strategy for short term and long term automation.
- Prepared Manual testing scenarios and test cases for system design of advance builds of an application.
- Automation infrastructure and error free test scripts are developed using Selenium Webdriver methods and features.
- Developed Module based Test Automation frameworks for minimum manual intervention.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) while preparing the test cases.
- Validated Web Service modules using Soap UI tool (Preparing Web Service request and added authentication information in Soap Header).
- Creating, Approving and Modifying PA in both Portal and QNXT.
- Involved in Adding Contracts to the Provider in QNXT and associating Providers in Portal while creating claims.
- Involved in Processing QNXT 837 Healthcare Insurance Claims (Institutional and Professional) in PORTAL with valid TPI.
- Developed Test scripts and enhanced for Global Execution.
- User stories are tracked using JIRA and HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) to track the defects.
- Involved in weekly status review meeting and generated reports on summary of the test executions.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver, Java, J2EE, Scrum Master Pro, HP Quality Center, JIRA, Eclipse IDE
Confidential, Gallipolis, OH
- Involvement in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements Specifications, Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Participated in Requirement Specification Meetings (RSD) to understand the application's functional, requirements to initialize the test scenarios, test flows and test procedures.
- Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Scripted Tests and automated using Selenium IDE / Selenium WebDriver at OS level for User Interface (UI).
- Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing on different types of browsers to run all the tests at the same using TestNG.
- Used SOAPUI tool to test web services for DPS (Vista Print), CC budgets, Payment History web services, Account Creation web services etc.
- Used JIRA to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations.
- Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Performed black box testing, database testing and web-based testing on each transaction using Selenium.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity, data validation and data design.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Java, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven FrameworkOracle, SQL, JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, SOAPUI
- Performed Manual Black Box Testing of a Web and Desktop applications.
- Performed GUI functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application.
- Executed test cases to compare the actual result with expected results in accordance with business, technical and functional specs of the applications.
- Responsible for thorough testing of browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Create test plan, test suits and test cases.
- Performed testing on Mobile for compatibility check.
- Validated applications GUI for compliance with Usability guidelines.
- Verify bugs fixed in new releases.
Environment: XML, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000.
- Test Environment set up using octopus tool.
- Requirement gathering for testing through building test plans to execute test cases.
- Participated in design reviews and quality inspections for each release.
- Participated in System Testing, Regression Testing and Interface Testing
- Prepared Test Data and performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Created Test plans - Test cases for GUI, Regression and functional testing.
- Execution of test cases, verification the actual results against the expected results and Documenting in the test plan.
- Analyzing specifications, Identified data and test requirements, developing QA test plan and ensuring its proper and timely execution from functional specification documents.
- Executed database test cases according to release.
- Environment, and perform basic troubleshooting, conducting regression tests.
- Defect Reporting & Defect Tracking using Product Studio.
Environment: XML, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000.