- Over 8+ years of experience in automation testing and QA as well as hands - on experience in software testing life cycle(STLC).Skilled in developing Test Cases, Test Plan, Test Methodology, Test Scenarios, Test Summary reports, Test Documents and automation in Selenium, cucumber with diversified experience in Automation, Manual testing Analysis methodologies & serving various domains such as Health Care, E-commerce, Banking Finance and Insurance.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains including Banking, Finance, Healthcare and Retail.
- Executing test case, reporting bugs and tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Selenium WebDriver,Cucumber and SOAP-UI.
- Experience in working with Software Development (SDLC)and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) models - Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
- Replicate the test Cases related to different issues like Clustering, JVM, JDBC, JMS, EJB etc sent by the Customer in Weblogic in different environments and Technologies.
- Excellent understanding in web automation which includes GUI Testing, Functionality Testing,Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testingand User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient knowledge in White Box and Black Box testing for functionality and structural flow of an application.
- Experience in developing Test scenarios,Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Testing.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid), SoapUI, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining Automation Frameworks (Record/Playback, Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Driven, and Page Objects).
- Experience in using Selenium Webdriver, Eclipse TestNG test frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports.
- Excellent knowledge in C#,Java and OOPS concepts required for Selenium frameworks.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS, and DOM in creating automation scripts.
- Configured application framework using Excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- High proficiency in usingAutoIt for file uploading to simulating user interaction on Microsoft windows file upload dialogue window.
- Reviewed Application and Test logs, program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
- Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using ExtentReports reporting library with TestNG.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriverAutomation Framework for Smoke testand Regression test using TestNG.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Automated and scheduled Build using continuous integration tool Jenkins Server at a particular time.
- Conversant with Ant and Maven project build tools.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries for data validation using advanced TestNG annotation Data Provider for code reusability and Java JDBC for retrieving the Data.
- Experience in preparing Test data by retrieving data from Relational Databases Oracle.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testingusing the TestNG(Groups, Parameter, Data Provider).
- Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j.
- Developed selenium synchronization using conditional and unconditional wait conditions.
- Experienced in using Test Management and bug reporting tools such as QC, Rally, JIRAand Bugzilla to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Conversant using Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Strong knowledge on Web Service & Hands on experience in validating Web Services using SOAP-UI.
- Experience with working in Java-J2EE / .Net environments.
- Performed duties as an individual contributor and can manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent inter personal communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit,TestNG, AutoIt,Robot Class, Cucumber, SoapUI, QC, QTP, ALM
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Programming Languages: HTML5, CSS, C#, JAVA, J2EE, Spring MVC, hibernate, Eclipse Link, SQL, C, C++, XML, JSP
Databases: MySQL, Oracle11g, SQL Server
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Defect Tools: JIRA, RAllY, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access, Microsoft Project
Utilities: Eclipse, SVN, FireBug, FirePath.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules and discussed ambiguities with business analysts.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings.
- Developed framework from scratch by implementing Data driven and Page object mode.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Wrote BDD UAT using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber.
- Used Selenium Web driver, Parallel Processing, Eclipse TestNG Annotations in creating HTML reports, Test Suites and Test Scripts
- Used TestNG annotations like groups, parameters, Data Providers to group the test cases, test methods, test suits for regression and functional testing.
- By using Confidential Mobile checked the status of the application
- Hardware testing and Synchronization with different mobiles by Confidential .
- Synchronization, Time outs and Real device view was done by Confidential Mobile
- Responsible for Cross-browser testing and running the automation script in parallel.
- Implemented Cucumber to write scenarios and Step definition files.
- Wrote Maven build dependencies to automate the compilation and execution of JUNIT test Cases/suites.
- Maintaining the Selenium scripts in GIT repository
- Used SeleniumScreenshots to prepare and report bugs in the documentation.
- Used SeleniumSynchronization and handled multiple windows using Selenium scripts.
- Used SOAPUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records in MySQL database.
- Prepared and executed batch test suite through TestNG via Maven
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
- Upload and download files by using AutoIt.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel files.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Coordinate with developers to prioritize defects and rectify them.
- Performed multi browser testing to check application can work on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers
- Expertise in Project Management tools like JIRA to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Linux, JIRA, REST API, SOAPUI, SQL-Server, Java, TestNG, Agile, Confidential, Jenkins, JUnit.
Confidential, Findlay, OH
Automation/ Manual Tester
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define thetest environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resourcesrequired to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test casesand test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing using Selenium Webdriver in Nunit.
- Developed test scripts for Web elements by identifying the locators using FireBug and FirePath Firefox plugins.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using C# & Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, NUNIT, Msvisio.
- Involved in test approach & test case walkthrough, review with peers and test leads. The workgroup consists of business system analysts, developers and architects.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module.
- Reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML reports for analyzing the output of test using ExtentReports API.
- Maintained user documentation with Nunitoutput screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in Test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium Hybrid and Data-driven development framework.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Maintained the C# and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkinsand mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily status meetings and testing each deliverable.
- Tested applications in types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) .
- Used BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria which was produced by business analyst to perform UAT testing. Coordinated all testing activities while on this project.
- Developed Cucumber html, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: C#, Selenium WebDriver, Nunit, Firebug, Firepath, XML, XPATH, DOM, specflow, Jira, git, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, MSvisio.
Confidential, Springdale, AR
- Participate in requirement review question/answer session and contribute in requirement gathering, clarification, consistency and completeness.
- Attend iteration planning meeting to size up the stories with points, break out the requirement, to estimate tasks and testing effort in completing product backlog within the current iteration timeframe and team velocity.
- Knowledge from working with high-traffic websites.
- Understood the E-tail business processes such as marketing, merchandising, payment processing, logistics, reverse logistics, and customer service.
- Participated in writing test-related documentation such as test plans and test cases.
- Developed Record/Playback using selenium IDE.
- Exported the test reports form selenium IDE to different programming languages.
- Prepare test plan/test cases from the user stories, use cases, business and system requirement (SRS).
- Prepare test machines and deploy builds, execute test cases, bug reporting and resolving issues by pairing up with the developers.
- Worked on core java, using file operations to read system file (downloads) and to present on JSP.
- Created a deployment procedure utilizing Jenkins CI to run the unit tests.
- Worked with core java concepts like Collections, Multithreading, and Memory management.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle database as backend.
- Author automated test scripts for functional and regression testing using Selenium IDE/RC alongside manual scripts to reduce manual effort and increase test coverage toward the end of each iteration.
- Developed test scripts using selenium web driver and TestNG.
- Participate in iteration retrospective meeting to discuss previous iteration's success, failure and recommend process improvements for next iteration.
Environment: Agile, Windows, Selenium IDE, selenium web driver, IE, Firefox, XPath, Selenium IDE/RC, Firebug, MS-office, and JIRA.
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel using Apache POI Api.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in RALLY and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/Web Driver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL, Oracle.
Jr. Java Developer
- Designed and developed the application using agile methodology.
- Used the iterative incremental framework Scrum with Agile Software Development.
- Involved in database schema design and review meetings.
- Configured application flow, controlling logic and navigation.
- Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements.
- Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework.
- Involved in Performance tuning, debugging issues in testing and deployment phases.
- Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Utilized PL/SQL for querying the database.
- Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, Java Script, JDBC, Oracle, PL/SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Tomcat,Windows.