- Over 10+ years’ experience in Software Development/QA testing (Manual and Automation Testing) processes. Test Planning, Test Case Design, Test Script Development, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup, Defect Management, Test Log, Test Result and Traceability Matrix.
- Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving various domains such as HealthCare, Banking and Retail.
- Extensive experience in Sanity testing, Feature testing, Functional testing, System testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, Regression Testing.
- Excellent understanding of requirements and creating test cases out of Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document. Strong working knowledge in testing all phases of SDLC and STLC and expertise in Waterfall, V - model, Agile with SCRUM lifecycles.
- Hands on experience in working with agile driven projects and worked closely with Scrum Masters, Product Owners.
- Played a key role in creating testing tasking Agile Projects and attended Sprint planning, Scrum Calls, Sprint review meetings.
- Experience in build tools such as Maven, adding dependencies and maintaining pom.xml file.
- Experience in building the Scenarios, Features, Step definitions by using the Cucumber API’s along with Selenium WebDriver to develop BDD framework.
- Experienced on Service Oriented Architecture and tested SOAP and Restful Web Services by using tools like SOAPUI and validated the response XML file.
- Experience in using Spying tools like Firebug for Firefox, developer tools in IE and Chrome, locating web elements using ID, XPath, CSS etc.
- Used Apache POI to read data from external sources like Excel Spread Sheets to feed locators into the test script and to configure the Test Framework. Experienced using various TestNG Annotations like Before Suite, After Suite, After Method, After Test and configured Parallel Processing using TestNG xml.
- JIRA as repository for maintaining Test Cases, execution and tracking the defects.
- Worked on the Configuration management tool Subversion and on a continuous integration tool like Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on creating Test Summary Reports, Requirements Traceability Matrix and Defect reports.
- Worked on Database/Backend testing and validated the data by writing SQL Queries and experience in working on Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Experienced in Mobile Automation Testing on IOS platforms using iPhone & iPad Devices with Automation tools with Keep It Functional KIF and Appium.
- Designed high-level test scenarios, traceability matrix, Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- VMware Certified Associate with extensive experience as System Administrator.
- Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 Servers Administration, Project Management, Implementation. Leading other server engineers on the team.
- Experience in McAfee suite of products (Anti-Virus, Device & Folder Encryption, Host Data Loss Protection, Site Advisor, Email and Web Gateway components).
- Ensuring that all the deliverables align with business / IT strategies and IT architecture & standards.
- Installation, configuration and management of ADDS, DNS, DHCP, Antivirus, VMware.
- Installation, configuration and management of VMWare ESX & ESXi Servers.
- Windows Server Administration, Remote Server Management and Remote Desktop/Laptop Management with various system tools.
- Selenium IDE, WebDriver, Grid
- JUnit, TestNG, UAT
- Rally, Jira
- Gherkins, HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML
- XPath, Bugzilla
- Appium, JMeter, Selenium, SoapUI, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Robot
- Angular/angular 2, Typescript, Html Node.js, Data factories, Jasmine/mocha, junit/TestNG, Jenkins, Ansible, Webpack
- SoapUI (SOAP, REST)
- Rest, SOAP, Ready API
- SQL Servers, Oracle, MySQL
- BDD/ATDD Framework
- Data Driven, Keyword Driven
- Hybrid Driven Development
- Test Driven Development
- Page Object Model
Confidential, Albany, NY
Lead/ Sr. Software Test Engineer - SDET
- Coordinated with the QA Testers to facilitate the gathering and documenting of test automation objectives and requirements for input into Automation Strategy and Design approach.
- Documented test automation requirements and other test planning artifacts in preparation for test automation design.
- Designed and developed test automation artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools.
- Expert in understanding of complete test automation and various test automation frameworks. (i.e. data driven, keyword driven, table driven, hybrid, etc.)
- Responsible for going through the User Stories and creating Test Cases based on the mock ups provided in User Stories
- Create and implemented Test Plan, Test Scripts based on the Software Requirement Specification.
- Generated Test Scenarios, Test Case and Test Data and executed test scripts to test the functionality of the application and regression testing.
- Creating test scripts using JAVA and Selenium Web Driver for the functional test cases.
- Developed Automation scripts in Selenium and used TestNG framework
- Updating the test plan document for every Sprint meeting
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC and Groovy script as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script.
- Logging the bugs which are found during Manual Testing and Automation Testing the Suit.
- Created automation test suites using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework with Cucumber Step Definition, Scenarios and Features for UAT testing.
- Involved in Hybrid Test framework to achieve Regression Testing. Developed and included packages for the Driver scripts, Page Objects, Reusable Libraries, HTML reports and Log files
- Responsible for writing the SQL Queries using Joins, Stored Procedure and Functions to retrieve the data using Microsoft SQL Server
- Responsible for developing the BDD/ATDD framework by using the Cucumber and added Scenarios in features files, Step Definitions.
- Created, implemented and maintained Page Objects (POM) for each Webpage.
- For Continuous integrations and delivery of the automation scripts used SVN.
- Implemented and configured TestNG, Selenium web driver from Maven packages as build for adding all the dependencies.
- Logged and tracked to verify the resolutions of software and its specification defects.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Making sure the resolved bugs are retested and closed if needed.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, and Appium to develop automation testing scripts for web, Mobile and client server applications.
- Involved in unit testing using TestNG framework and worked very closely with the developers.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA.
- Implemented logic to read data from the Excel to achieve functional testing with different data.
- Involved in testing the Web Services like SOAP, REST by using a tool SOAPUI.
- Involved in generating reports and screen shots in HTML format when there is any failure in automation script.
- Created Project, Test Suites, Test Cases and Test Steps in SOAP UI Tools and Validated the Response XML file
- Mapping test cases with the requirement using Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Used JIRA as a bug tracking, issue tracking and project management software.
- Inserted Assertions like XPATH to validate the data against the database data in the response XML.
- Developed SQL queries to validate the data integrity of the database.
- Created Page Object Model (POM) mobile automation framework on both IOS and for Android using Appium.
- Created custom Appium framework.
Environment: Eclipse, JAVA, SVN, Selenium Web Driver, BDD/ATDD, Selenium Support, SQL ServerTestNG, MAVEN, UAT, Jenkins, Jira, HTML, Microsoft Excel, Appium.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Sr. SDET, Selenium Automation Tester
- Hands on experience in Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodology.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to identify object locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium, Worked with Log4J, apache POI Library, J-unit.
- Knowledge on Automated Web Services using Soap UI with knowledge of WSDL in eclipse.
- Experience in automation tools selenium, protractor and mobile automation testing tool Appium.
- Executed Test Scenarios using 3rd Party Emulators for Android OS and Simulators for IOS testing.
- Expertise in Smoke testing, black-box testing, white-box, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI software testing.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Involved in Scratch implementation of BDD frame work, moved entire framework from hybrid to BDD by using POM, and creating Feature files, Step definitions, and Runner class. Using reports analyzed step by step fail and pass criteria.
- Few modules are enhanced like Invest, Loan, Credit cards. Fully analyzed module at the time of integration.
- Automated AngularJS Loans module using protractor by writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and Account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Tested web services by generating XML, SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML, SOAPUI Responses.
- Used GIT to re-modify files and for software development.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud-based code repository system like GitHub.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
Confidential, Long Island City, NY
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging. SADF
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Designed Hybrid framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Used Appium Emulators and Simulators for testing the application in Mobiles.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts using Appium.
- Established a network system and user configuration for local and hybrid Xeon Phi Coprocessor projects.
- Involved in Development of automation framework for Appium and integrated with continuous
- Artefact reviews (specification, code, test cases, test procedures and data)
- Design and implement full-stack embedded software for STB and "Internet of Things" devices.
- Tested application using different iOS and Android mobile devices and Android Virtual Device installations
- Proven ability to work with Appium tool integrated with complex architecture to automate Mobile Applications and executing test cases for validating GUI and system functionality on desktops and mobile devices including Android and IOS.
- Implemented simulator for mobile app testing in IOS using Appium Tool.
- Executed the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements using Appium tool.
- Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform Mobile Testing.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and
- Test Metrics in Quality Center.
- Reported bugs in Quality Center with server logs information from Web and DB servers.
- Performed Regression Testing as part of every build.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
- Involved in pilot project for automation using Selenium IDE/RC.
- Implemented Selenium using TestNG frame work with Java.
Environment: Quality Center, BDD, Windows, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, Grid), TestNG, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera.
- Configured application flow, controlling logic and navigation. Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements.
- Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework. debugging issues in testing and deployment phases.
- Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Utilized SQL for querying the database.
- Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the application.
- Developed high level design documents, use case documents, detailed design documents and Unit Test Plan documents and created Use Cases, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML. Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several Java/J2EE Design patterns.
- Configured Web Application Context as a Context Listener in the web.xml file to Integrating Spring with JSF.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) functionality.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, JDBC, SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Windows, Bugzilla.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware ESX/ESXi, vCenter and Virtual machines .
- Installation and configuration of MacAfee EPO 4.0 server.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and administration of DNS, DHCP, and FTP, File server and active directory.
- Firmware updates for IBM & HP servers whenever required.
- Attend Incident & change management calls & represent the team.
- Automate the manual activities wherever possible.
- Coordinate with offshore/onsite & other infrastructure teams like Network/Storage/Tools & Monitoring teams.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, (IE. Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch wireless networks.)
- Experience with x86 / x64 Intel, HP, Cisco, IBM hardware like blades, rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Provide enterprise server solutions to corporate clients according to the business process and requirements of the organization.
- Communicate with the end-users and provide onsite and offsite troubleshooting assistance.
Environment: Windows Server 2010/2008/2003, Active Directory 2003, DHCP, VMware ESX 4.0/4.1, vSphere 4.0, HP ProLiant Servers, IBM and Dell Servers, LINUX, Windows 7, XP, IIS Web Servers (HTTP/S, FTP and SMTP), MacAfee EPO 4.0 server, TCP/IP, VPN.